Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Affy's Writing Thread

AffyAvo December 15th, 2022

Not completely sure what I will put here.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 15th, 2022

@AffyAvo

Starting out is great already, the rest of it, we can figure in time, looking forward to see what you share. Good wishes! ❀

MistyMagic December 18th, 2022

@AffyAvo Who knows! It may have been a test but I hope you keep it! What are your hobbies Affy?

Listening - One Step At A Time!

AffyAvo OP December 18th, 2022

@MistyMagic haha thanks Misty! I like gardening but not much of that now, it's a cold, cold week! Seed ordering time in less than a month though!

MistyMagic December 19th, 2022

@AffyAvo Do you get success with seeds? Half of mine never even germinate and the others seem to grow and inch then falll over? What are your tips?

AffyAvo OP December 20th, 2022

@MistyMagic I like the choice from ordering seeds, especially considering the short growing season.

For germination most seeds need consistent moisture. Some plants tend to have low germination rates in general, some herbs are pretty low.

If growing inside plants need good light or else they get leggy - tall, narrow and weak. Airflow is also important as damping off, caused by a fungus can kill them off. I also rinse all pots in a bleach solution before starting.

Outdoors the right temperature is needed. Some seeds will germinate too soon and then a cold night kills them off.

If transplanting from inside to outside hardening off is important. Seedlings need tme to adjust to the bright sun, cold nights and wind. An hour or 2 in the shade outside is the best way to start.

MistyMagic December 20th, 2022

@AffyAvo thanks that all makes sense! I will try again!

CalmRosebud December 20th, 2022

It's nice to have a thread where you can let things evolve naturally. I like your insights on germinating plants!

tommy December 20th, 2022

This has been a good read so far 😊❀️

AffyAvo OP January 16th, 2023

Just a test

CompassionateArrow January 16th, 2023

@AffyAvo

Hey Affy! Its okay! We'll all find this to be a space to share things:) I wanna thank you for that! (I'll call this the Affy thread😁) How're u doing Affy?

Sending you lots and lots of love πŸ’•πŸ’•

Love,

Arrow πŸ–€πŸ–€

AffyAvo OP January 16th, 2023

@compassionateArrow7396 Thanks! I'm doing ok but definitely feeling like there's a lot happening at times!

CompassionateArrow January 16th, 2023

Mmm... I understand Affy.. hey, if u ever wanna talk, feel free to hit me up anytime, okay? I'll be there for yaπŸ’•πŸ’•