Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

No hobby🤭

newbieDeep411 May 30th, 2023

You know what my favorite pastime is? Engaging in an intense debate with myself over what should qualify as a legitimate hobby. It's like a never-ending game of mental ping-pong, except the ball is my motivation and it keeps bouncing away. So, if you ask me what my hobby is, I'll confidently tell you that it's the art of accepting that my real hobby is just skillfully wasting time. I might not win any medals for it, but hey, I'm definitely a contender in the procrastination Olympics!

wasting-time-time.gif

Sunisshiningandsoareyou May 30th, 2023

@newbieDeep411

Hahahah this has me on the floor, appreciate the honesty here!

Oooh and yay, always good to have some nice competition!😛 #TeamSerialProcrastinators 😴

newbieDeep411 OP May 30th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Haha, glad to have given you a laugh! Honesty is the best policy when it comes to our proclivity for procrastination. And hey, it's always fun to have some friendly competition, especially when it involves the art of serial procrastination. Go #TeamSerialProcrastinators! We'll conquer the world... eventually! 😄🥳

@newbieDeep411

Exactly haha, thankyou!

The "eventually" did it for me here again! Spoken like a true procrastinator! 😂

Hey now this reminds me of a meme I relate so deeply with! Time to share!

image_1685476129.png

Can I share some more please? XD I'm vibin' now! Darn! Lol!

image_1685476224.png

image_1685476169.png

Why, thankyou! 😛

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

hehe I was planning to reply tomorrow 😛 but I loved your memes and had to intervene early!!!

Thank you!

@newbieDeep411

Aw big yay for not procrastinating! 😛

EmotionsListener May 30th, 2023

@newbieDeep411

I used to find I was less inclined to try a new hobby and would engage in my own time wasting Olympics as well. I was in a position to have a lot of time on my hands, and not a lot of resources to put into hobbies, so for many there was the initial investment I had to justify before I could get motivated.

I'm not sure exactly when or what changed for me, but I think it was in part, having friends who were already doing certain hobbies, that gave me motivation to learn more about those. Then I started to branch out to similar hobbies, and before I knew it I was exploring and learning about lots of different hobbies. Sometimes even just learning how to do a craft before I had any materials or tried to do it myself, in fact my first time knitting I actually just grabbed a pair of pencils and some yarn I'd been using for a different craft just to try it out. Now I knit and crochet.

Overall instead of worrying about if it was 'worth my time' or the financial investment, I started to just dive in and learn about it to see if I liked it. It's hard to debate the legitimacy of a hobby when you haven't at least dipped your toe in or taken a bit of time to learn about it first. Now there are so many online sites and videos where you can learn about different hobbies too. As to motivation, finding friends or other people who have similar hobbies can help keep that ball from rolling too far away from you, or toss it back when it does.

So if you ever feel inclined to retire from the sport of procrastination, I hope you'll set down the question of legitimacy and just start to explore any hobby that comes to mind that might interest you.

@EmotionsListener

That's wonderful to hear how you found motivation and expanded your hobbies! It's true, sometimes all it takes is a little curiosity and the willingness to dive in and explore. Thanks for sharing your experience and encouraging me to step out of the realm of procrastination. Here's to embracing new hobbies and the joy they bring😊!