Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Does anyone enjoy programming or things within the computer science realm? If so, please feel free to share.

KatKat1234 October 14th, 2022

I hope to make a STEM thread for other people who enjoy computer science to come together, and if you, like me, are feeling “weird” or kind of alone for being passionate about this topic (especially for teens), you can feel relief knowing other people like it too 🤓. I’ll start. I graduated high school early and I’ve learned about web development. It is something I do enjoy but I’m going to make Cybersecurity my official field. I feel like I would enjoy it more and that is has more of an “honor and duty” vibe to it since I could possibly use my skills to serve my country. 🇺🇸 Everyone, please feel free to talk about what you’re interested, you’re journey, or just anything related.

MemoryWriter11 October 14th, 2022

hoii, I'm in my early twenties and studying language, literature and philosophy at uni in Hungary, Europe, but I'm still interested in computer science. currently am exploring css with its new flexbox and grid features, and getting my hands on sass, javascript in css sort of. slowly I'm getting into Python, too, as it can do magic to programs like Blender and Krita which allows us to tweak them, being open-source.

are you familiar with CrashCourse on yt? they have a Computer Science series which really digs into the hows and whys instead of just coding. I really need to pay attention, I can't just watch it on the side while doing something else like I did with the Philosophy series, as I was already familiar with the details, but I loved how they served us the big picture. although, I indeed needed several pauses, too, to look up things I was a bit more interested in, but for a summary and putting things together it really helped me.

KatKat1234 OP October 14th, 2022

@MemoryWriter11

I think I have actually. They make very good content. Thank you for sharing. It’s nice to know other young people enjoy it to.