Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Touken Ranbu

inneryu July 14th, 2016

..*cough* Anyone here plays Touken Ranbu?

A very-boring-gameplay-mechanics-but-cool Japanese sword (katana) traning game. Based on real swords.

(You can learn about the game on the wikia, there's lots of information!)

Celaeno July 19th, 2016

@inneryu, I don't, but it sounds pretty cool. I have some experiences playing Magic, Gwent and Pokémon - do you think I'd enjoy TK? Somehow I'm interested ^^;

inneryu OP July 19th, 2016

@Celaeno ahaha i don't know if you'll enjoy it or not, but I think you'll like it if you are interested in catching all the swords. it's in Japanese though, Celaeno. So you will need a vpn or insert some cookie from browser to play. There is a mobile version too :) I'll guide you!

Celaeno July 20th, 2016

Thanks, @inneryu ^^ I've looked up tutorials on youtube and it sounds fun. Regardless of the language barrier, I'd had to setup a proxy connection which seems to be too much bother for me right now. And it definitely looks like something I'd waste my hours on, so maybe that's a good thing ^^;

inneryu OP July 20th, 2016

@Celaeno glad to know you are interested!! :") I see, I got discouraged at first because of the proxy thing too. have you checked the "Proxy Connection and Troubleshooting" page on the wikia? I used those steps for proxy, and it's only for one time. basically, the wikia is the touken guide book I ever needed xD it's very helpful, all thanks to them. Okay, be sure to tell me when you started playing ( ∀`) (and your favorite swords, if you have)

CalmingSunshine08 August 15th, 2016

I've been trying to play it for months, switched my region to Japan and did all that good stuff but it still wouldn't work or anything.

inneryu OP August 15th, 2016

@CalmingSunshine08 did you meant the cookie method didn't work for you? I also had problems with that method back then but somehow got it running again ?_?

CalmingSunshine08 August 15th, 2016

@inneryu no I believe I did do the cookie method and followed all of the instructions that were on the touken ranbu wiki on how to play the game outside of Japan. None of them worked for me becuase I still couldn't play the game.

inneryu OP August 18th, 2016

@CalmingSunshine08 ouchie sad to know that >_> vpn method also didnt worked? btw theres also a mobile app version

LaaLa August 18th, 2016

Maximum tantos for maximum cute! My favorites are Maeda and Midare Toushirou.

I haven't played since last year, but I'll definitely be watching the anime when it airs in October.

inneryu OP August 18th, 2016

@LaaLa my favorite tantous are Aizen, Yagen and Atsu!! btw Maeda and Midare got a Kiwame upgrade (new cg for them!). I can't wait for the anime especially the 2017 one :)

LaaLa August 18th, 2016

@inneryu The Kiwame outfits are great, and Midare's is super cute! Kind of makes me want to log in so I can get them.

inneryu OP August 19th, 2016

@LaaLa kiwame midare looks like an idol imo haha xD so moe-like. they are holding a smithing campaign for two new swords right now, maybe you are interested in trying out your luck

LaaLa August 19th, 2016

@inneryu Midare definitely looks like an idol! Back when I was playing I leveled up Midare so much...I had one in every group. Every group needs a cute idol. Maybe I'll try it again sometime, who knows~

inneryu OP August 21st, 2016

@LaaLa OMG so theres like 4 midares... every sorties has midare in it lol thats cool. sadly my sword slots are running out so i cant keep copies of common swords. i'll be glad to be your saniwa friend if you come back. this game makes me stressed sometimes because of the heavy RNG orz