Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What's your favourite thing to bake?

Moj July 30th, 2017

I love baking!! I don't always have a chance to bake, or the energy, but it's one of my hobbies I enjoy most!
Yesterday I baked two kinds of cookies and then shared them with a couple neighbours and brought my parents a bunch. It was so nice to spend some time baking again and be able to share my treats with others.

My favourite thing to bake are one of the kinds of cookies I made yesterday...Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies. So easy, yummy and to top it off gluten free!!

What things do you enjoy baking most?

TonyTheDog July 29th, 2019

@lazyKatz 😂😂😂

Zulegirl July 30th, 2019

Cream Puffs

Strawberry Cream Pie

Pecan Pie

Double Choclate Chip Cookies

lazyKatz July 30th, 2019

I applaude all the people that can cook edible food .

Chris2pher July 31st, 2019

@lazyKatz I hear you. Sometimes I even manage to make a mess out of prepared food! Cooking is a valuable skill!

integrityblues August 2nd, 2019

@Moj

Yes, baking things from scratch used to be my major hobby. I used to make cookies (chocolate chip, oatmeal rasin, snickerdoodles, peanut butter, white chocolate macadamia nut), bread (bananna, zucchini, pumpkin), and cinnamon rolls.

But after a close friend of mine died a few years ago, I just don't find baking to be rewarding anymore.

Jaeteuk August 24th, 2019

Banana Walnut Bread or Blueberry Muffins or Brownies~

Arcticmonkeys24 September 2nd, 2019

Tres Leches cake, a long process but worth the wait once you take a bite out of it, brings satisfaction to my baking skills :)

lazyKatz September 2nd, 2019

I'm not a very good cook, thats putting it mildly. Maybe I'll pick up some easy ideas.

softtiissue September 2nd, 2019

Does baking bricks, pottery or porcelain count?🙄

Chlostrophobic September 8th, 2019

@softtiissue choc chip muffins

ChocolateChipCookiez September 10th, 2019

Cookies!

Blueraspberries2005 December 2nd, 2019

I made a chocolate cake recipe and it's so frickin good I love it!

elderitchHuman December 2nd, 2019

I like to bake scones in the shape of hearts; I also like to bake brownies, and cupcakes.

lazyKatz December 2nd, 2019

I enjoy eating baked food does that count

mikenaiwc December 2nd, 2019

Question in my head, I like to listen to anyone's thoughts.

1. How do you justify the "calories" when consuming baked goods? Regardless of healthy, unhealhty, guilt-free goods. Somehow it is easier to overconsume baked goods, compared to normally prepared foods, despite the same ingredients.

2. How do you justify the "electricity" costs for baking, compared to other means of preparation.

3. How do you justify the "effort/time/monetary" costs for baking, if it is a daily means for your meal preparation (i.e. kind of alot of healthy meals are also recommending baking)

4. How do you... actually "patiently" wait for the baked goods to cool down, before consumption. Likewise similarly for those that requires pre-prepared time (i.e. proofing, or refridgerated before baking)

5. How do you justify, not having to justify anything?

lazyKatz December 3rd, 2019

@mikenai22

Best to just eat . You don't have to justify everything

mikenaiwc December 3rd, 2019

@lazyKatz

well katz, i wished if it could be that easy.

then i perhaps would have lesser things to worry about.

Raziel1226 December 3rd, 2019

I love baking...scones are my favorite thing to bake :)

@Raziel1226

Sound very tempting, wish I could bake/cook. I'm more of a ping person let the microwave do the work. Very lazy but it works for me.

@lazyKatz maybe you should give it a try sometime? Baking can be very relaxing :)

@Raziel1226

It's just not my thing Chinese takeaway and chip shops are more my thing

@lazyKatz Gotcha :) I love me some Chinese takeout too!

mikenaiwc December 3rd, 2019

@lazyKatz

actually katz, microwave "baking" does work too - warning : to a certain extent

its just the expectations must be slightly lower, because of the different method of "baking".

but got to becareful because not everything may turn out well.

Whywoman111 December 3rd, 2019

I like to bake, it doesnt always turn out great. I like making eclairs. It all comes down to a good recipe and VERY specific instructions.

blueLime2468 December 6th, 2019

@Whywoman111

YUM! Got a good recipe for eclairs that you'd be willing to share?

courageousheart96 December 9th, 2019

Chocolate chip cookies and red velvet cake

Edore March 12th, 2020

I have this vanilla cake (basic i know) recipe that I absolutely love, and also this whipped chocolate frosting recipe that I like to put with it.

Goldcherry2113 March 17th, 2020

Peanut butter cookies or banana bread

DimpleCheek March 30th, 2020

Just started to bake, have to bake to decide 😜😜

lazyKatz March 30th, 2020

So would it count of I just warmed something up in the microwave?

mikenaiwc April 23rd, 2020

I understand that baking with healthtier grains will usually result in denser product.

Mostly also due to poor or lack of gluten formation.

If that is the case, I have been wondering how "whole-grain" cereals are actually made such that it is light, crispy, etc...

Such a headache... to diy and cut cost.

missyrubble August 20th, 2020

I recently started baking and look forward to learning more. My favourite thing to bake is Japanese cheesecake! I love how it looks fluffy coming out of the oven. I like how its tastes light as it turns less spongy, indulgent and delightful after a few hours in the fridge.

September 4th, 2020

Molten lava hot chocolate cake :P

wishfulHeart60 September 4th, 2020

I always loved cooking. But it took the pandemic and lockdown to seriously look into my cooking hobby. Now I not only cook, but also post it in my youtube channel which is called star Dust. You can look for me there. Youtube.com/stardustofficial

Thanking you all in advance.

Lucky is the person who can make living through their hobby. 😉😉

Dreamersoul6 September 13th, 2020

All things sweets especially cookies because it easy and cookie dough can always been frozen for later use.

iluvchocolate3 September 22nd, 2020

It depends on my mood...I love to bake and will google recipes based on what I feel like making.

September 23rd, 2020

I recently made poppy seed muffins from scratch! Delicious! :)

October 4th, 2020

I loveeeee making crepes

lazyKatz October 4th, 2020

I like watching other people cook