Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What's your favourite thing to bake?

Moj July 30th, 2017

I love baking!! I don't always have a chance to bake, or the energy, but it's one of my hobbies I enjoy most!
Yesterday I baked two kinds of cookies and then shared them with a couple neighbours and brought my parents a bunch. It was so nice to spend some time baking again and be able to share my treats with others.

My favourite thing to bake are one of the kinds of cookies I made yesterday...Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies. So easy, yummy and to top it off gluten free!!

What things do you enjoy baking most?

jetbrains July 3rd, 2019

I love Creamy Potato Bake very much, sharing the recipe https://docsbay.net/creamy-potato-bake, easy to make, hope you like.

mikenaiwc March 26th, 2019

I like to ask for comments.

What is everyone's definition of baking?

Food for fuel?

Food for fun?

Food for enjoyment?

Food for pleasure?

Food for sharing?

Food for addiction?

Food for giving?

Food for habit?

Food for hacking?

Food for waste?

Food for ?

For me, it seemed like anything related to food now... seemed abusive.

easyWater4109 April 12th, 2019

@mikenai22

Thats interesting-baking in itself for me usually means some sort of tribute, gift, or celebration.

Cooking on the stove means a variety of other things but baking is special.

Anyway, very interesting way of looking at it.

mikenaiwc April 12th, 2019

@easyWater4109

Thats interesting-baking in itself for me usually means some sort of tribute, gift, or celebration.

Cooking on the stove means a variety of other things but baking is special.

Anyway, very interesting way of looking at it.

Hey easywater, looks like you have a good motive and that you can look forward to it. Good job.

For me well, i think i need to work on my perspective sometimes.

It seems to be fueling disordered or poor thoughts most of the times.

easyWater4109 April 14th, 2019

@mikenai22

Its difficult when something is a trigger...I have plenty of those too unfortunately. For example cleaning, it seems harmless at first because its ordinary and necessary but give it a minute and I become someone in an unhealthy headspace because its just never good enough and Im looking for approval from some non existent source which Ill never get.

Anyway, my point is while your triggered when you bake, Im triggered after I bake while Im cleaning up! Same boat, different seats 😉.

mikenaiwc April 14th, 2019

@easyWater4109

Its difficult when something is a trigger...I have plenty of those too unfortunately. For example cleaning, it seems harmless at first because its ordinary and necessary but give it a minute and I become someone in an unhealthy headspace because its just never good enough and Im looking for approval from some non existent source which Ill never get.

Anyway, my point is while your triggered when you bake, Im triggered after I bake while Im cleaning up! Same boat, different seats 😉.

Guessing that everyone has their struggles.

Probably have to find some way to get over it...

snow1313 March 27th, 2019

Keto Double Chocolate cake and fudge.

Rebekahwriter13 March 27th, 2019

sweet: Chocolate Chip oatmeal cookies

Savory: Lasagna

eviesweet March 30th, 2019

Cupcakes. Found a recipe for dulce de leche cupcakes months ago, it's my favorite so-far! Need to find some free time to bake them again

LPyMP April 12th, 2019

I just learned yeast baking so yea anything with yeast baking rn 😂 especially when I get to slam down the dough or I knead it, who knew kneading bread was something I really KNEADED 🤣 sorry couldn't help myself

lazyKatz July 3rd, 2019

I'm absolutely hopeless at cooking, can just about manage the basic foods, even they tend to have a burnt appearance......Ah well such is life.

TheCollisionCourse July 24th, 2019

@lazyKatz

Hey, soul sister

Melissame July 4th, 2019

Marble cake!! And I like making butterfly cupcakes, theyre so cute.

lazyKatz July 4th, 2019

@Melissame

Sounds Yummy

Myself.

Jk. Brownies.

Jk I can't bake.

BlueBetta July 24th, 2019

I like baking chocolate chip cookies. I'd like to try making bread sometime.

Baked ziti is good if I'm cooking a meal.

RideaRainbow July 24th, 2019

Apple pie

Positron2 July 24th, 2019

VickyP July 24th, 2019

Cake 🍰 and chocolate chip cookies 🍪💗

@PhoenixArisen @Alpacaking (hehehe see what I did there caking Betty?😋 )

Alpacaking July 24th, 2019

@VickyP well obvs you like me pftt! I love sausages. *noms vic* 🤭 😏 Totally red velvet and blueberry cheesecake though yum!

VickyP July 24th, 2019

@Alpacaking

Hehehe watermelon turned sausage🤭🤭 Red Velvet Cake issss my favorite 🍰🥧

VickyP July 24th, 2019

@Alpaking youre officially caking ~~

@PhoenixArisen @ItsDev

I'm naming you pancakes and donuts hehe~ 😋🥞🍩🥞🍩

July 24th, 2019

@VickyP

Hi sausage (ha-ha) heart Never gets old!

@Alpacaking

Love,

Shenny smiley

Dawn04 July 24th, 2019

Desserts - but usually cake since I mean who does like cake?

Shootingstar383 July 24th, 2019

Love to bake bread, cakes, pies.

blueLime2468 July 24th, 2019

Love making chiffons, choux puffs, meringues, cookies, macarons... got a sweet tooth haha!

StanDaMan78 July 24th, 2019

My favorite thing to bake is an imaginary chocolate chip cookie because I can't bake and my oven doesn't work.

TonyTheDog July 24th, 2019

Bread....in all its forms possible

Jaeteuk July 25th, 2019

Banana bread. I bake when I feel stressed. There was one time where I ended up making a loaf of banana bread, and 2 pans of blueberry muffins.

Speaking of which, I haven't been baking much the past couple months.. I guess that's a good sign. But then, my mum was saying that we have a lot of flour that I should use before it goes bad~

cyanPlatypus6370 July 29th, 2019

@Jaeteuk - wait! Flour goes bad??? oh dear I may be in trouble.

@Jaeteuk - wait! Flour goes bad??? oh dear I may be in trouble.

compassionateYard7526 July 25th, 2019

cookie dough brownies

@compassionateYard7526 - Hey. Have you ever heard those called "brookies"? Our grocery store, the bakery part, has started making/selling "brookies" which appear to be like a chocolate chip cookie and a brownie smashed together somehow. Is this even close to what you were meaning here? ~ Platy

compassionateYard7526 July 30th, 2019

@cyanPlatypus6370 Those sound good! The thing I bake sometimes is chocolate brownies and then afterwards I put the cookiedough on top. The cookiedough doesn't have eggs in it so it is safe to eat even though it's raw. They are soo good I used to bring them to camp with me and I would share them with everyone but I would save some in my tent just for myself.

Casalie26 August 23rd, 2019

@compassionateYard7526 I love baking cupcakes

compassionateYard7526 August 24th, 2019

@Casalie26 I love eating cupcakes but it always seems like it is a ton of work to make them. You have to make both frosting and cake also I am terrible at putting the frosting on. But I will say that in the end it is deffinetly worth it because they taste so delisious and homemade is way better than store bought.

cyanPlatypus6370 July 25th, 2019

@Moj ... Moj? .... Moj! Hi :) :)

My favorite thing to bake, specifically, is bread. There used to be a picture of me at age ~ 4 or 5 mixing, preparing, measuring, etc to bake with my grandma. I loved to make bread with her (sad, remembering sort of smile).

Another thing I really like to bake are cookies! Perhaps for anything I am baking ... I think my favorite part is getting all the ingredients and measuring the proper amounts. And second, pulling the wonderfully scented dish from the oven and setting it/them to cool.

This Platy? = LOVE to bake things. and very dislike to cook things. Baking seems just so much more fun!

Take good care @Moj! It is so good to see/hear from you!! laugh <3 Platy

GoodTrouble19 July 25th, 2019

cake and cookies smiley

lazyKatz July 29th, 2019

I tend to ping........ use the microwave that is and the friendly Chinese take away..... If I did cook I'd like to make Sweet and Sour Chicken from scratch. Not using a jar of sauce that is.