Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What's your favourite thing to bake?

Moj July 30th, 2017

I love baking!! I don't always have a chance to bake, or the energy, but it's one of my hobbies I enjoy most!
Yesterday I baked two kinds of cookies and then shared them with a couple neighbours and brought my parents a bunch. It was so nice to spend some time baking again and be able to share my treats with others.

My favourite thing to bake are one of the kinds of cookies I made yesterday...Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies. So easy, yummy and to top it off gluten free!!

What things do you enjoy baking most?

KSWQueen August 16th, 2017

@Moj haha yes thank you! Not enough chocolate chips, and probably vanilla essence too haha 😅 Mmm sounds good haha. Lemme know what u make! 😄 Haha not necessarily healthy, I don't think I'm a very health conscious person. OMG me and my mom were ocnsidering muffins, but we were thinking either choco chips since there's still some or bananas cos thats the usual, never thought of combining the two. haha alrighty, that's if I end up baking haha.

Moj OP August 17th, 2017

@KSWQueen oh dear, not enough chocolate chips is a tragedy! surprise Be sure to add extra in whatever you're making next to balance it out...haha!!
Banana chocolate chip muffins are one of my favourites to make, if you try them let me know what you think!! I rarely make banana muffins without adding the chocolate chips, lol!!

KSWQueen August 18th, 2017

@Moj UGH i feel u haha. I thought I threw in too much actually haha. Mmm, it does sound really good! I'll be sure to try it out soon! And now I'm craving bananas. OMG, I just remembered my mom bought a bunch of bananas yesterday hahah

August 6th, 2017

I like to bake chocolate cake from a recipe on the back of the hershey's cocoa powder can. It's amazing!

Moj OP August 12th, 2017

@essdee oh yum!!! I'm going to have to check my hersheys can...lol!! I don't know if I've ever noticed it there surprise

Gozzil August 7th, 2017

Baking is fun =) I love making lime cake.

Moj OP August 12th, 2017

@Gozzil I agree, baking is so fun!! I've never made lime cakes before either, but they sound like they'd be quite delicious!!

Mablue August 18th, 2017

I love baking too, especially lemon cakes ! Or anything that has chocolate in it

Moj OP August 27th, 2017

@Mablue anything with chocolate, haha...you're someone after my own mind/stomach/dreams!! I love me some chocolate!! I haven't made much with lemon in it...what would be your favourite recipe to make with lemon? laugh

Mablue August 27th, 2017

@Moj Haha, chocolate is really popular, it's kinda rare to find someone who doesn't like it ! (not saying there's none). As for lemon, I like to make homemade ice tea with it, and lemon cake like this one:

Usually they're quite popular among my family!

Mablue August 27th, 2017

@Mablue The picture doesn't show itself, crap

Moj OP August 27th, 2017

@Mablue the lemon cake looks so moist and delicious! I can almost taste it by looking at it, haha!

Mablue August 27th, 2017

@Moj It's a good recipe I found in a cooking book, it's really moist and tasty ! I recommend it ! :)

cloudySummer August 31st, 2017

@Moj Yesterday I made a blackberry cobble (I think that's what you'd call it - blackberries with sugar, covered with a fluffy dough made of of egg, milk, butter, sugar and baking powder) - it's my new favourite!

Moj OP September 1st, 2017

@cloudySummer that sounds absolutely delicious!! I love blackberries! I bet the cobbler was so good!

cloudySummer September 3rd, 2017

@Moj It was - and I made one again today. Lots of sugar, so better don't tell the guys in the healthy living community... ;-)

Moj OP September 3rd, 2017

@cloudySummer I'm jealous!! And haha...I won't say a word. wink

Anything with these has got to still be healthy though, no? Lol!!

RideaRainbow September 1st, 2017

@Moj

My favorite dish to bake is an Apple Pie.....

@RideaRainbow I've made a pie a couple times, but not very many!! I love to eat apple pie, but haven't perfected the crust of a pie yet, lol!! Apple pie to me is a feeling of fall, comfort and just ...ahhh, pure joy!

@Moj

Ohhhh how beautifully u describe the experience...

and the gorgeous photos are pushing me to bake one one of these days...

come right over laugh

@RideaRainbow haha, I just might be knocking at your door. wink

@Moj

Most welcome... 😁

Moj OP September 2nd, 2017

Might take me awhile to find you @RideaRainbow, I'll just follow the scent of apple pie though!! Surely I'll find you eventually. wink

RideaRainbow September 2nd, 2017

@Moj

Hehe

November 18th, 2017

I love to bake vegan deserts cookies, brownies, cakes, ect

Rebekahwriter13 November 18th, 2017

Cakes or chocolate chip oatmeal cookies

Moj OP September 18th, 2018

@Rebekahwriter13 I love chocolate chip cookies of any kind, but add oatmeal in and they're EVEN yummier!

...and now I want a cookie surprise

Rebekahwriter13 September 18th, 2018

@Moj

My favorite cookie to make is chocolate chip oatmeal

Emma88 February 12th, 2018

I'm not very good at baking, but I have just made my first apple pie! And I'm proud of myself!

This is how it actually looks:

Here is the recipe (very simple, btw) - https://www.cleverfiles.com/howto/apple-pie.html

Larsila February 19th, 2018

@Emma88 That looks really good!! :O

Moj OP September 18th, 2018

@Emma88 that looks so delicious!! If that's how your first pie looked, I sure hope that you've kept baking! You look like a pro!

MelanieDaniels63 February 15th, 2018

@Moj The go to item that I bake is brownies but a unique thing I bake is "Tomato soup cake" this is a vintage/retro cake that I baked once(would bake it again). I have not baked it in a while, this cake was said to be author Sylvia Plath's fave cake and I recommend it if you guys want to try/bake/eat it. It almost tastes like a carrot or a spice cake, now I do not like tomato soup but I swear that you do not taste it. I will leave the recipe here:

Ingredients: 2 cups flour,1 tbsp. baking powder,1/2 tsp. baking soda,1/2 tsp. ground cloves,1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon,1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg,1/2 cup butter, softened,1 cup sugar,2 large eggs,1 11 oz. can tomato soup,condensed,1/2 chopped walnuts(optional),1 cup raisins(optional),1tsp. vanilla(optional).

Directions- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees, oil and flour 2 round baking pans.Stir flour,baking powder,baking soda and spices together.set aside.Cream together butter and sugar unill fluffy.Beat in eggs, add vanilla here if you choose.To the sugar/butter mixture, add in the flour and soup, by thirds alternating.Mix well and add raisins and nuts here if you choose to.Divide the batter into the 2 baking pans, the recipe says to bake for 35 mins, look at it at 20 mins.Insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean it is done, cakes may be done at 23 mins, check up on them.Let cool for 5 mins. Take a knife and move it along the outside of the pans and pop out cakes on a plate or any other surface. When they cool put on cream cheese frosting. Cream cheese frosting ingredients and directions-16 oz. cream cheese, softened,1/2 butter softened,2 tsp. vanilla,1 pinch salt,5 cups confectioners sugar(powered). The cream cheese and butter should be room temp. pop in microwave to make it more soft.Mix the two ingredients into a creamy mixture.Mix in vanilla and salt, add sugar a little at a time, beat until smooth.

Frost the cake pop in the fridge untill cold, take cake out and slice it plate it and enjoy!

LilacOcean333 February 19th, 2018

Cupcakes, they're just so versatile! i usually use box mixes because of the convenience but with a few more ingredients you can make something really unique. Just start with a simple vanilla or chocolate base and you have endless opportunities. I always like to make my own frosting and I think it adds a little personal touch. Some of my favorite combos are injecting blueberry jam into vanilla and covering it with a lemon buttercream frosting and cutting up marachino cherries and putting them into chocolate and using left over cherry juice for a cherry cream cheese frosting.

Blaze February 19th, 2018

@Moj Oh my, those cookies! Share recipe...?

Larsila February 19th, 2018

I'm not the most frequent nor adventurous baker but I do like making somethiing once in a while. I like going for brownies or a loaf cake with apples in it. Easy but gooood.

lessyface February 19th, 2018

I too love to bake, actually it go to a point were I have to give cakes or pastry to neighbours because I made to many for me or my roommates to eat alone... Maybe, if I decide that my current path in university isn't really what I want I'm gonna become a patissier.

I don't have one favourite thing to bake, but I mostly like to make cookies as well or in general anything with chocolate or matcha. Or things with strawberries.

Btw your cookies look really good. yes

neatBalloon7178 February 19th, 2018

One of my favorite things to make is baklava!

SarloosWolfdog June 18th, 2018

@neatBalloon7178 YASSSSSSSSSS

DapperDanMan37 June 18th, 2018

@neatBalloon7178

I love saying it almost as much as I love eating it!

CamiButterfly February 19th, 2018

My absolute favorite thing to bake is pão de queijo cake (translates as "cheese bread"), which is a traditional brazilian food and it's really good!