Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Greetings. For fun let’s share our favourite dessert and the most interesting food we’ve ever tried.

KatKat1234 October 19th, 2022

I’ll start. My favourite dessert is pastry and the most interesting food I can remember at the moment might be a delicious Indian dish I had (it was from a vendor without a real name [double platter]).

L1ly0ftheValley October 19th, 2022

@KatKat1234 - I love a variety of desserts, but my most favorite ones would have to be pecan pie and bread pudding. As for unique foods, I have had things like alligator, buffalo, and calamari before.

KatKat1234 OP October 20th, 2022

@L1ly0ftheValley thanks for sharing! I haven’t had any of those meats before but interestingly enough, my local butcher shop just started selling alligator.

L1ly0ftheValley October 20th, 2022

@KatKat1234 - You are so welcome, and ooo that sounds nice that your local butcher now has alligator! I have always loved trying new exotic foods. :)

@L1ly0ftheValley So cool.

SleepyShyCat October 19th, 2022

@KatKat1234

Apple pie is always my favourite 🍏🥧 very quick and easy to make, smells great and tastes even better 😋

As for most interesting food I've had.... I'm a very boring person so I don't think there has been anything 'interesting' that I've eaten. I have sensory issues so I stick to my safe foods mostly. 😸

@SleepyShyCat Mmm. Apple pie. I like my Sarah Lee Apple Pies but I’ve also made one from scratch. It took me 2 days. 😅

SleepyShyCat October 20th, 2022

@KatKat1234

Oooh, sounds good! This time of year I'm collecting all the apples from my nans apple trees and they make the best pie fillings 😋 anything home grown tastes so much better. I spend afternoons making pastry for the pies too, it's fun 😸

@SleepyShyCat That sounds awesome! And super delicious.

Littlefairy28 October 19th, 2022

@KatKat1234

My favorite dessert is rasmalai. And my favorite food is soya chaap. Both are indian dishes as I belong to India

@Littlefairy28 Sounds delicious! It’s important to share about tasty food from around the globe.

@KatKat1234 Thank you all for sharing! I’m so happy to hear your responses. I’m glad we could all share something a little positive today. :D

hannahlouiise October 20th, 2022

I love a variety of desserts, although recently I’d say my favourite is a good old cinnamon bun! They’re just so tasty and I’ve always been a huge fan of cinnamon. I think the most interesting food I’ve had was another dessert, a Turkish one to be exact, Baklava!

@hannahlouiise Baklava, sounds tasty! I love a good Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll.

AmintaBlack October 20th, 2022

@KatKat1234 This is a fun topic!

My favorite dessert is probably a tie between tiramisu and cheesecake. I really like it when people combine multiple desserts into cheesecake like key lime cheesecake or baklava cheesecake.

Mmmm.. I guess some interesting food I have eaten is mako shark, dogfish (a small shark) conch, rattlesnake, gator, and ostrich jerky. They were all pretty tasty.

KatKat1234 OP October 21st, 2022

@AmintaBlack I’ve had some tasty tiramisu myself. My favourite kind is the tiramisu cheescake from Cheesecake Factory. :)

@AmintaBlack Wow! You’ve eaten so many exotic meats. A few of those are illegal in my state.

AmintaBlack October 21st, 2022

@KatKat1234 oh wow! I didn't know you couldn't eat those in some states. Think in the state I lived in, almost anything was allowed lol. Tiramisu is life <3

affectionateCat9553 October 20th, 2022

@KatKat1234

My favorite dessert is cake. Almost any kind of cake. I like cheesecake and birthday cakes. The frosting is my favorite part. I even eat frosting by itself sometimes. The most interesting thing I've ever eaten that I can recall as an adult is a Japanese dish, I don't remember the name but it had tiny fish in it. The fish were looking at me as I tried the dish.

@affectionateCat9553 Mmm, cake is tasty. My fav is sour cream coffee cake. Yummy. Ya know, I don’t think I could eat something and have it look back at me.

xandia October 21st, 2022

@KatKat1234

My favorite dessert would be teaberry ice cream. I love it so much. And it's indigenous to my state. As for the most interesting food I've ever eaten it would have to be city chicken. That, too, is indigenous to my city. I have it at least twice a month.

KatKat1234 OP October 22nd, 2022

@xandia I don’t think I’ve hear of teaberry ice cream or city chicken, I only have chicken chicken in my state. 🤭 Thanks for sharing.

Sunthruclouds October 21st, 2022

@KatKat1234

My favorite dessert is Tiramisu, when made in a real Italian restaurant. 🤗

When it comes to unique and interesting foods I've probably not had that many.

@Sunthruclouds Ooooh, tiramisu, it’s my grandmothers favourite! I haven’t ever eaten anything “exotic” or interesting to some, sometimes there just aren’t opportunities or you enjoy your comfort zone. That’s ok! :)

ThadSterling October 22nd, 2022

@KatKat1234

My favorite dessert is Tres Leches cake, and the most interesting thing I've ever eaten is chicken feet!

@ThadSterling I’ve had tres leches in honor my birth country. It was a little tough to get at first, but we found one at a fancier grocery store. As for chicken feet, hmm, I don’t know if could do that, but it does sound nice and crunchy for frying though.

Katsuddon October 22nd, 2022

Hey! Hope you’re having a nice day. My favorite dessert for sure has to be tiramisu! It’s just so good. As for the most interesting food I’ve ever tried, it would probably be cactus! In Mexico it was called nopal! :)

@Katsuddon I had good day today, which was a nice little breather, I hope your day is going well too! Cactus sounds vey good, I’ve seen it on many cooking shows, it sounds like a versatile food.