Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

CALLING ALL BAKERS!

chyni October 20th, 2023

image_1697819640.png

all my bakers please tap in for this one! i recently started baking and i absolutely love it. even though it runs in the family to cook and bake, i recently started doing it, so now i need new recipes to try out, nothing extra just some simple recipes me and the family would enjoy. 🩷👩🏾‍🍳

chyni OP October 20th, 2023

@chyni

i should’ve mention clearly that i need suggestions 🫶🏽💜 

Rosa343 October 24th, 2023

@chyni

how about like a checkerboard cake? Or meringues? Also sticky toffee pudding, crumbles, pies, tarts, scones etc. Millionaires shortbread and general shortbread, ice cream, banana bread, cinammon swirls, pancakes, croissants, eclairs, doughnuts

chyni OP October 24th, 2023

@Rosa343

I've been meaning to make croissants and cinnamon swirls. all sound like really great challenges that I'll no doubt enjoy. Thank you so much for your suggestions, really appreciate it. 🩷

ViableArt October 20th, 2023

my younger sister recently tried making hummingbird cake. ts was literally so good bro. i'd recommend it with nutella or a chocolate spread of some kind if you've never had it lmao. 

chyni OP October 21st, 2023

@FunnyWriter

wow, okay. so, funny enough i’m jamaican right and i’ve never heard of this dessert so i googled it, only to find out that it’s a banana-pineapple spice cake originating in JAMAICA!! 🇯🇲🥹 swear i’ve never heard of it but i’ll definitely try making it, thanks so much for the recommendation 🫶🏽 i know i’m going to love it 

ViableArt October 22nd, 2023

@chyni np! again, i definetely loved it, and i hope you do too! <33

CharlotteAuxFraises October 21st, 2023

@chyni Hello! Here are some ideas: fruit crumble, scones, muffins, madeleines, doughnuts, gingerbread or any type of bread, tarte tatin (French upside-down caramelized apple tart), Danish butter cookies, cinnamon rolls.

I highly recommend following the *** account "@cafecouffee" which shares delicious dessert recipes from around the world, and checking out Pinterest, which is full of recipes!

pusheen-baking.gif

chyni OP October 22nd, 2023

@CharlotteAuxFraises

ouu so many recipes to try! thank you so much, i’ll definitely look up these and try as many as possible 🥹🩷🩷

LucyGray1799 October 22nd, 2023

@chyni Hi! I love baking/cooking and here are some I really like to make: Kaiserachmarrn (German pancake thing), oat cookies, yeast waffles and cheese muffins. 

Also lusicater. (Saint Lucia buns)

@LucyGray1799

I made oatmeal cookies the other day and I loved them 😩 can't say I'm familiar with the other ones but I'm going to do my search and get the recipes and start baking! Thank you so much 🫶🏽🩷 really appreciate the recommendations, they all sound like something i’d enjoy 😊 

@chyni thanks! I usually make the toll house oatmeal cookies (idk if that recipe is available but it's really good)

@LucyGray1799

i just googled it and i saw a recipe for “toll house oatmeal chocolate chip cookie” not sure if it’s the same? 

@chyni yes! That's the one. I do it without the chocolate because I don't like chocolate. 

WeslyJeanty October 22nd, 2023

@chyni It’s like cooking is not my favorite, but if you like hearing people telling joke while you’re baking, Call me in please!

😀

@Jay7stars

lol, thanks jay i’ll be sure to take you up on your offer 😅

WeslyJeanty October 22nd, 2023

@chyni😀 thank you!

Nightlight1575 October 22nd, 2023

@chyni well I think you should try the

-carrot cake 

-coconut cake 

-chocolate chip cookies 

by Claire saffitez, she has a yt channel and a website, check her out her recipes are amazing! 

Enjoy!

chyni OP October 23rd, 2023

@Nightlight1575

i’ve made carrot cake and chocolate chip cookies already and i absolutely enjoyed them, the carrot cake was couple years aback so i’d have to try that again. never had the coconut cake thou, but in my culture we have a baking made from coconut it’s called “toto” but it’s heavier than cake. thank you so much for your recommendations 🫶🏽🩷 appreciate it so much 

Bunnylovesyou October 22nd, 2023

@chyni

Ok so I really like making peanut butter cookies but putting chocolate chips in them. 

I'm more familiar with gluten free and vegan recipes because of my mom, so I love a recipe I have found for gluten free vegan tirimasu (I've soelt that like 230394 times it just never looks right), I'm going to butcher her name but it's from the blog Reans Recipes (if you Google it the correct spelling should appear) her recipes are gluten free, vegan, and low sugar but you can substitute the ingredients for normal ingredients (i.e instead of vegan butter, do regular butter). 

I also love making vegan caramel (so much more easy than regular caramel), meringues are simple and fun! 

And oatmeal Raisin cookies but with cranberries instead 😂😂😂

@Bunnylovesyou

oh wow that’s a lot, lol thanks so much i will definitely try the raisin and the peanut butter cookies i know for a fact i’ll enjoy the peanut butter one 🥹🩷

Bunnylovesyou October 23rd, 2023

@chyni

i love baking. my favorite is a family secret recipe, its basically a pie that is peanut butter crust and marshmallows and chocolate xD

@Bunnylovesyou

sounds like a great dessert/snack for when my sweet tooth kicks in 😋

Ares74 October 23rd, 2023

Yes. Baking is a great relaxing therapy for me. I love home made bread and cookies

@Ares74

i've been meaning to make homemade bread, i for sure will make it one day 🥺

Sasher October 24th, 2023

Hey, just saw your post and thought I'd throw a few of my favourites down. Some of them need adjusting to taste and experimenting with but I love them all 😋 

Cookies 😍

Ginger Fairings 😋

Brownies💀 (death by chocolate) 

Maltesers Tiffin 🙏

Cheesecake 🧖🏼‍♀️

chyni OP October 25th, 2023

@Sasher

is it crazy that i never had cheesecake before? 

i love all of these recommendations, also i had no idea what ginger fairings are or what they even look like, so i googled it and omg, omg, OMG! 😩 i have so many things to bake from now until december and i can’t wait to start

Sasher October 25th, 2023

@chyni if it's not fun and your not enjoying it, somethings not quite right!

Limit it to what you're happy with x

@chyni p.s, you can just click the blue word and it'll take you to the recipe page (think it has picture of ginger fairings in there). Happy baking! 

@Sasher

thank you so much 🫂

niceSea1350 October 25th, 2023

@chyni  I made this cinnamon roll recipe today.  I did not have cream cheese, so I substituted sour cream (for the glaze) and these were delicious!  I baked about 6 of them, and put the rest in the freezer for later. 🥰

Happy baking!  

Here is the recipe I followed. 😍

COPY CAT CINNABON Recipe! (spendwithpennies.com)

win-20231025-12-50-00-pro_1698234626.jpg

@niceSea1350

omg yasss!! thank you so much for this recipe 🫣 i’ll definitely try this, and it looks soo goood 🥹 can’t wait to try it 

Tinywhisper11 October 25th, 2023

@chyni I can't safely use a oven ♿ so I can't bake😥 but I can be the taster😁

@Tinywhisper11

haha! love it and that’s no problem at all. at one point in my life i was also the taster, even though i’m still the taster whether i bake or not 😅

Tinywhisper11 October 25th, 2023

@chyni yaaaay! Thankyou what an I gonna get for xmas!?!? Fatter😁😂😂

@Tinywhisper11

lol, good food and the christmas spirit 💃🏾

Anika4 October 25th, 2023

@chyni You can try making a banana and walnut cake! I can help you with the recipe if you like :)

I absolutely love cooking and baking! I have made this cake multiple times and it has never failed :)

Cake Pops

This is what I'm making tomorrow/Friday. 

I'm sick of paying ££s for the ones from starbucks. Such a rip off so thought I'd make my own. 

Going to add a drop of strawberry flavouring to them as well. 

Hopefully they'll turn out well. 

Just wanted to share x