Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Bizarre foods

EPstar December 16th, 2022

What is the weirdest food you have ever tried ?

Cow tongue, and I love it.

innateJoy9602 December 16th, 2022

@EPstar

Cow tongue is interesting! I think mine is a scorpion.πŸ’œ

EPstar OP December 16th, 2022

What does that taste like ? I can't handle bugs in general, I don't I could eat one lol πŸ˜†

Torean December 16th, 2022

@innateJoy9602

I had scorpion pizza once. Scorpion kinda tasted like some kind of nut

Torean December 16th, 2022

@EPstar

Cow tongue is really good in tacos.

Weirdest I've tried... Probably kangaroo jerky. It was actually pretty good, but there is just no possible way to describe it. Nothing else has ever tasted like that.

A runner up might be what I used to like as a kid... Grape jelly on microwave pizza. πŸ˜‚

EPstar OP December 16th, 2022

Yes in tacos and burritos, the meat is so tender is cooked right.

politeTortoise4526 December 16th, 2022

love u all no homo

cloudySummer December 16th, 2022

Instant jellyfish...

EPstar OP December 17th, 2022

What is that

cloudySummer December 17th, 2022

@EPstar It is what it sounds like. Shredded jellyfish with extra seasoning.

hokageee December 16th, 2022

a rabbit 🐰

Fradiga December 17th, 2022

@EPstar

Live critters and they were delicious too (fish, insect, worms, shrimps and caterpillars). I've eaten a few more, but only the "best-liked" were required for this question. :D

Dallady December 17th, 2022

@EPstar

🐌

Torean December 17th, 2022

@EPstar

Ooh, I got another one. Sea urchin. It tastes like the ocean but sweet-ish. That's the best comparison I've got.

integrityblues December 17th, 2022

The only one I have is fairly mundane when compared to some of the ones I'm seeing here.

Frog legs. They taste just like chicken. I had them at a little Chinese Buffet and Grill with a friend.

How ironic I tried them again last night at the Chinese buffet. I had then once before but even though they were good, just the thought of them being a slimy creature grossed me out. I actually really liked them this time though.

integrityblues December 17th, 2022

@EPstar

Right? I told my friend I liked them, but I couldn't stop imagining lil legless Kermits.

FoxPrince December 17th, 2022

I've had horse and jellyfish (separately), not really a fan of either

Ummm where do they eat horse at πŸ˜₯ what did it taste like?

FoxPrince December 17th, 2022

The problem is I was tricked into eating it, so at the time (forever ago) because I was expecting beef, it tasted really off. So...it doesn't taste like beef anyways. But I think lots of places eat horse, probably isn't so bad when you're not expecting a different taste

Fradiga December 18th, 2022

@EPstar

It used to be rather common in Europe and sold in a separate butcher shop. I know it is also sold in Canada

MistyMagic December 17th, 2022

@EPstar we have Ox tongue and lambs tongue in the UK I liked it till I found out what it was, I also liked frogs legs, I thought they were chicken and then was ill when I found out.

Do you ever watch or have you heard of the UK series "I'm a celebrity get me out if here!" You might want to google and watch some of the eating challenges ewwwww!

Listening - One Step At A Time!

Coco08061969 December 17th, 2022

@EPstar

I've eaten grasshopper, which wasn't bad. I've also tried dried fish, (really good btw). My dad has eaten Balut, (Fermented duck egg with duck fetus inside, Filipino dish) because he lived in Manila for a lot of his growing up.

Ravis889 February 3rd, 2023

@EPstar

Haggis.