Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Air Fryer

SparkyGizmo February 27th, 2021

Oh my gosh, so excited.smiley I finally got an air fryer (well, one that works, this was round 2 for me). So now I have a good one, things are working out well! I haven't done much with it, but it's a start. Anyone else have one of these things? Do you like it? How often do you use it? Any great recipes out there? woooooooo hoooooooooo big *hugs* heart for reading my post!

MidwesternCalmSeeker February 27th, 2021

@SparkyGizmo

LOVE my air fryer. If you like tater tots, they turn out great in that thing.

Family favorite: I chop potatoes into bite-size wedges (or use baby new potatoes, halved), and spray lightly with Pam (or olive oil) and then toss them in the ranch dressing seasoning mix. Pop into the air fryer for 12-15 minutes and they come out crispy outside, soft inside, super yummy.

My daughter does corn dogs and chicken fingers in the air fryer, and they are MUCH better than if you warm them in the microwave.

Have fun with it!

SparkyGizmo OP February 28th, 2021

@MidwesternCalmSeeker

*high fives* and many thanks for your reply smiley Yippie, I love tater tots so I'm thinking this will be something else I can toss in there.

Many thanks for your potatoe repice as well. This sounds quite brilliant and delicious with the ranch seasoning mix! I wrote it down and this is something that I'm thinking is going to end up being a house favorite! heartangelyes It is sooooooooooooo on! lol

It's great that your daughter likes to put corn dogs and chicken fingers in the air fryer! It seems like from what the internet says, this thing is perfect for making frozen foods taste so much better. My first go at it, for the little test run was some frozen french fries. I thought I heard angels sing when eating them! Second try was reheating something we had gotten from take out previously and the internet said it's perfect for that kind of thing too. It was a little bit of battered and fried fish and a little piece of previously battered and fried chicken. I was floored! Air fryer had even made it taste better the second time.

I think for me on Monday it's going to be go big or go home kind of thing, haaha-building up steam, building up a wee bit of self confidence and courage. I like making fresh tilapia (fish). I batter it and typically fry it in a large skillet filled with not so healthy oil. Of course the oil spatters everywhere, a lot a bit messy, have to let the big skillet of oil cool down before getting rid of all of that icky fish oil that really ends up making your house smell less than delightful! For me, on Monday, I'm going to batter it, toss it in, feel a lot more safe than having a big pot of oil on the stove and see how it turns out? I'll hope for the best. Please keep your "fingers crossed" for me! smileyheart

sorry for the edit..........the system isn't letting me "upvote" for your post. I'll try again latersmiley

ta-dah.......okay, there it goes, it happened

AtkinBailey February 21st, 2022

@SparkyGizmo

Fast Heated Air technology is used in the smart gadget, which provides air circulation and possess a high temperature. The best thing about the Hot Air Fryer is that it continuously heats food from all sides. This sure that you make crisp snacks that are both delicious and healthful.

SparkyGizmo OP July 15th

@AtkinBailey

Many thanks my friend! 😊 ❤️

*high fives* 😊 and *hugs* ❤️

martyuk89 April 6th, 2021

I'm glad people are enjoying the air fryer, is there any difference between one and an oven as they are both the same really from what I know. If I didn't have an oven would definitely be getting one. Though I have a deep fat fryer aswell never hardly use unless it's treat day! You cannot replicate the fryer so I have one but for more as I call it special occasions say like once a month. I'm gluten free it's really handy as I can make my own batter and not miss out on allot of things that others have in the UK for eg.... Onion rings, fish and chips fried hallumi and others. Battered spam is nice 2 but that gets a bit sickly for me quickly.

SparkyGizmo OP April 7th, 2021

@martyuk89

I think if you have an oven of course an air fryer would not be a needful thing. Indeed, there are differences between an oven and an air fryer. If you have a deep fryer, again, an air fryer would not be a needful thing if you are happy with how things go.

It appears as if the reason why many people enjoy having an air fryer is for reheating items as opposed to microwaving them. Certainly provides different results. It's nice for boxed, frozen processed foods also. The air fryer is the hero of the day for that one. Much different results that oven preparation. It seems quicker, could be considered cost effective in heating and using a smaller appliance as opposed to heating an entire oven which would require more electricity as well as the oven would heat your house much more and cost more money to run the air conditioner in hot months. Clean up seems so very easy. It seems a bit safer to me that cooking in an oven or stove top as I do feel a little bit more comfortable walking away from the small, self contained appliance for a moment or two to take care of an additional task. Mine has an auto shut off mechanism if it senses some sort of malfunction. I would never leave the house with it on or take a shower with it on, I'm simply not that trusting for any cooking appliance except for a crock pot/slow cooker.

Using a deep fat/oil fryer is great and yields great results. I don't own one but a friend of mine does. They don't use it very often as it takes a great deal of oil and clean up is not so great. It seems as if one of the reasons why people also enjoy an air fryer is because they claim it is healthier, yields similar results with out using the oil.

It seems as if there are many unique recipes on the internet to use your air fryer for. So far, I've been enjoying mine. I don't use it all of the time but I'm still just starting small and branching out a little bit with it.

Happy cooking whatever method you enjoy doing so! smileyyesheart

f12k17 April 12th, 2021

french fries all day haha

SparkyGizmo OP April 12th, 2021

@f12k17

*high fives* perfect example! smiley

Prxcious0angxl09 April 27th, 2021

I've been planning to get one!! I've heard so many good reviews about it I think I'll go for it and buy it soon!

SparkyGizmo OP July 15th

@Prxcious0angxl09

If you get one, I'd love to hear how it goes! 

emotionalPond2459 April 29th, 2021

I love, love roasted chickpeas in the air fryer! Yesterday I made donuts for my kids. Cooking bacon in the air fryer is pretty easy too!

SparkyGizmo OP July 15th

@emotionalPond2459

These sound like great ideas for the air fryer! I should try these too! 

VictoriaLove7 June 8th

@SparkyGizmo

Hi Gizmo ✨◝(ᵔᵕᵔ)◜

Smurf Socks \(^-^)/🧦 have an air fryer, but have only used it a few times. It is a healthy way of eating 🍗🍟 fried food, compare to using cooking oil / frying it on a pan (っ˘ڡ˘🍟ς)

SparkyGizmo OP June 8th

@VictoriaLove7

Hi Smurf Socks! 😊 ❤️   

Woooo hooooooo! This is fantastic news! I'm glad that you got one and that you have tried it a few times and are enjoying it! 

I have heard that some people love this device so very much that it stays on their kitchen counter, is a permanent fixture in the the kitchen and that they use it for one thing or another each day. 🤔 Wondering If I should pull my air fryer back out and up my culinary game with that little appliance? 

VictoriaLove7 June 8th

@SparkyGizmo

yes yes, Gizmo ✨٩( ᐖ )۶🧦 Smurf Socks think you should use the air fryer more, because it is practical & healthy. Me often forget that me have air fryer, hehe (。╹▿╹。)

*high fives* & *big hugss back* Gizmo ✨🤗🧦ヘ(ˊᵕˋ ヘ)

SparkyGizmo OP June 8th

@VictoriaLove7

❤️❤️❤️

MistyMagic June 10th

@SparkyGizmo We keep our airfryer on the worktop, we use it a lot, for re-heating, defrosting, cooking, crisping. It works for most foods as the heat is immediate and can be far cheaper than using the oven, and waiting for it to heat up before it is safe to put high risk foods like meat in.

I think potatoes are a great think to put in the air fryer but British sausages are the best, they come out all puffed up and juicy!

The only thing that doesn't seem to work is poppadoms! They go crisp to fast and get sucked up into the top fan, or mine do lol so if anyone has any fixes for that then please post.

Listening - One Step At A Time!

MistyMagic June 10th

@VictoriaLove7  I love it when old threads are resurrected, thanks! just over three years old!

Listening - One Step At A Time!

VictoriaLove7 June 10th

@MistyMagic

It is a simple but fun topic & something we can relate to, Misty ૮ •ᴗ• ა ʚïɞ

SparkyGizmo OP June 10th

@VictoriaLove7

❤️❤️❤️

RachelListener July 31st

@SparkyGizmo

This is a practical and interesting article on air fryer! I plan to fry fries 🍟 using air fryer, but then I thought it's quicker to fry using cooking oil on a pan.. but it's unhealthy 😆 I think I should start using my air fryer, tho it took a high electricity voltage 

download_1722414444.jpeg

@SparkyGizmo congrats! I use a wheel picker to help decide.