Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Zero Waste Week - September 5th to 9th 2022

MistyMagic September 4th, 2022

Zero Free Waste Week

FZyjXN-wbtP7LAzPgVLn-f7tyTaw-HOKpdzfAS47LDy6iKiL40mZ5YcVSuPB6Ji5mcaKITzpyi-sq2hA4DNhPADllWxqXQXOxK1gLR_UUH_BuaUOU4qMkEM78Ifjla8zZ2OqdazZQv2YTLJp17o5w7s

This week 5th September to 9th September covers zero waste week!

A whole week when people are challenged to have zero waste! That could mean crisping up your potato peelings in the air fryer, using your carrot tops as a green pesto, or creating something from your cardboard waste whether that be as a weed suppressant or as Christmas decorations. Compost your food waste, or better still portion control so there is less waste!

T6LRh_erj22tLS56nvmH06jL0TYlKyIhYswBQufhvBLCtpWZEz0rGT98eVMPlHE33AVy-7v_N2UthV-rLtIVzKV2WkPgoPmMdjnU8eHS8MU6-33S9GlbzkwbAx3MjKWLZlXdmHvQ7oK7lRsqf1euWms

So what will you do this week to recycle, upcycle or re-use?

What is your best tip about how to create less waste?

Do you use a re-useable water bottle?

Find out more at www.zerowasteweek.co.uk

Also, I wanted to reach out to you all and let you know that we have a feedback & Ideas form that you can all fill in at any time to give feedback and err well, ideas! We love hearing what you like about Hobby Zone and what you would add or change so please let us know!

@Aileen1114117 @Aliceiin3rdwonderland @BlueRiver5968 @ChildGoddessFlute @EmotionsListener @enigmaticsmile321 @FallandWinterPlease00 @Fristo @HealingTalk @Helpingheart23 @hiraxx @jujubears @LadyOrgasma @Lou73 @Meifeng @Merliah001 @MistyMagic @NicholasW @Paprika001 @SmileSravani @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sweetrosa1987 @thandocilo @theboymoana @WarmLightXO @WorriedMagpie

Want to join the Hobby Zone Team?

Listening - One Step At A Time!

EmotionsListener September 4th, 2022

@MistyMagic

Definitely an important topic. Thanks for sharing!

I actually have a canister from food that I was able to clean out, I was going to use it to make an organizer for my desk, so I guess I'll do that as an upcycle/reuse. I also save all the yarn scraps from when I'm crocheting in a tin because I can use them for stuffing my amigurumi instead of fiberfill, fabric scraps from when I sew can work well too.

Best tip for how to create less waste? Buy less stuff and use what you have longer. Also plan ahead when shopping for food, especially perishables.

Indeed I do. Even if it weren't for the environmental cost, bottled water is expensive compared to filling my own.

September 6th, 2022

@MistyMagic

I've a compost at my home where I throw food scraps and various garden waste.

Use reusable shopping bags and buy wisely.

Yes, I do!

alexKrav May 2nd, 2023

Join the movement toward a greener future with Happen Ventures. Their beneficial reuse service promotes sustainability and social responsibility by transferring surplus goods to those who need them. Let their company help you improve your ESG score and make a positive impact on the environment today. I assure you, beneficial reuse management is what we all need.