Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Tips and Tricks

WorkingitThrough2 January 4th

DIY Tricks and Tips

Do you have a draft door? Braid some plastic grocery bags together and seal the gap.

Take a pair of tights, Long socks, stockings, or old leggings. Fill with rice or dry beans, pour them into whichever you choose, and lay it at the bottom of your door. This will stop a draft.

Stains on a wooden table: Mix a tablespoon of instant coffee and add a few teaspoons of water. Paint it on the scratch and seal it with silicone or polyurethane.

Do you know any DIY hacks?

Do you know how to patch a hole in your wall?

MistyMagic January 5th

@WorkingitThrough2 

Do you know any DIY hacks?

I am resourceful when it comes to DIY, hammer and nails and duct tape fix everything lol!

Do you know how to patch a hole in your wall?

Yes I do actually, I would first smash it back to the solid good wall, then use hammer and nails and duck tape and then hang a painting over it :)

Listening - One Step At A Time!

WorkingitThrough2 OP January 5th

@MistyMagic

OKG, 😂......I Love It😂. LOL.....You made my day❤️.

I needed a good laugh, Thanks so much

MistyMagic January 5th

@WorkingitThrough2  Any tips on hanging paintings in a straight line? I have so many nail holes and they never are spaced accurately lol!

Listening - One Step At A Time!

WorkingitThrough2 OP January 5th

@MistyMagic

Yes, I got a solution for you.

Painter tape or masking tape and a pencil are all you need.

Tear a piece of the tape of your choice off the width of the hanger hooks in the back of the picture to be hung. Let the tape cover those two hooks. Take your pencil and mark the center of the hook or where the hooks are. Remove the tape and lint the tape straight on the wall.  Put your nails in, and Wala......You did it a straight picture. Now hang it😂LOL.

You also can use toothpaste to mark the hooks, and you will be able to see if they are straight before you put the nails on the wall.

Now have at it DIY Hack😊❤️