Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Sleeping Disorder? Or something more?

limegreenPlum9327 August 27th, 2017

Ever since sixth grade, I've always had a problem sleeping it started off being minor but it progressed over time. It started off as just having trouble falling asleep right away, No big problem than, it seemed normal enough.

But as time progressed In seventh grade, just last year ago, It started becoming worse. I became terrified to sleep in my room, I started waking up being completely terrified and hearing noises. The noises I heard were terrifying at the time they where happening. Footsteps running down the hall, the Laundry door opening and closing constantly, And not to mention it felt like someone else was in the room with me or just was outside my door. I had three panics attacks because of it. Honestly I hated being in that room and wanted so much for morning to come.

Another weird thing that happen during these times is I would always wake up being terrified around the times of Midnight through Three A.M. I don't have any explanation for waking up at these times. And not to mention this started affecting my daily life as well, When my mom left me home alone for awhile the noises would start back up and it terrified me more. My best friend said I was having hallucination from lack of sleep I also became more tried at school from lack of sleep that I fell asleep in some if my classes, None of the teachers even noticed anyway if they did they never even woke me up.

I'm now in eighth grade and It went back to being minor now. I sometimes still wake up between those times being terrified and I already had a panic attack because of this and I'm still terrified to sleep in my room sometimes but not all the time. But I'm terrified of this starting up again.

I already told my parents about this and they said they don't care if I have a sleeping disorder. I also told one of my teachers I trust a lot and my coulnsor about this and they already gave me advice already but I don't understand if it's just all in my head or if its a sleeping disorder, So I came here to see if I could get more advice about this and to see what exactly it is.

Is this all just a sleeping disorder or is it something even more or am I just complete insane? And if this is a sleeping disorder what do I do to make it stop for good before it starts back up again.

Also sorry if this sounds to crazy and weird I just need some advice on this type of thing.

CastielIsPerfect August 29th, 2017

@limegreenPlum9327 I would try seeing a doctor. They could probably give you guidance on what to do

PoliteOcean August 29th, 2017

@limegreenPlum9327

Hi Limegreen!... Thank you for this post.. I am going to move this thread to our SLEEP Section here in the Healthy Living Subcommunity where it can be seen better by those who follow that section :) (Be aware its is still here in this community, but it will be a better fit in the Sleep section rather than "General Support" :)

limegreenPlum9327 OP August 29th, 2017

@PoliteOcean

Ok, Thank you!