Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Ways to go out of your norm for a healthy life!

I never grew up in a healthy life so I also never picked up on healthy habits either! A huge one for me is never reaching out to others or trying to approach another. How are ways we can reach out to people? What about to make new friends? Or to reach out of your environments normal crowd? How do you find a place to be? How often do you reach out to others to make a new friend? Do you often feel like you can't make friends? I often feel like no one can like me no matter how I expose myself. What are your thoughts? Any ideas on how to reach out and find new friends?

PoliteOcean Sunday

@fairmindedBeechwood7523

Hi there Beechwood~ 

Everyone is different in the ways that they deal with others. Sometimes it can be challenging to approach or reach out to others. 

But there are ways that you can help yourself in meeting others by joining groups, or going out to places that interest you where you can find & meet other “like-minded” people who share your common interests.

It may not be easy at first if you’re not used to being around others, talking to others or making friendships & connections. But taking some initiative to be around others can be the first start. 

You  could do things such as:

“Volunteering”

”Join a club or attend a local meetup group depending on where you are.. 

”Join a neighborhood club or community center”

”Use Friend Finder apps” to help locate 

And if you already have even a few good friends in your life, then perhaps working on strengthening those bonds could help by “reaching out & making time for them & each other”?! 

And of course there are many different support groups here at 7 cups that can help. As well as a personal 1-1 chat with one of our many experienced listeners here who can help talk over your feelings with. We are here to support you! And best wishes to you. 

CyclingThroughLife 2 days ago

I agree with the above....with that said, I'm the least peopley person(is that even a real word?) one could ever meet.....I find with people comes drama...and I'm not about the drama in life right now....and I'm good with that.....

I hope you find what you are looking for on 7cups......