Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Ruthlessly Living A Life Good For Me

RogueOne1983 September 7th, 2023

1000000870_1694054707.png

Reposted from question asked in another thread....

Ok so I just posted about 2nd husband and I do not consider him a mistake.

Mistakes Are Awesome Mulch💫

He was my rock bottom. I had been raised severe childhood abuse and when you are raised being abused, you do not know how to choose people and situations that are actually good for you.

You accept the unacceptable as normal. And so my first marriage lasted many years; it eventually collapsed as he was "married" to his parents they came first always.

I learned afterwards to start choosing things I wanted. My legal mother treated me as a live dress up doll; I was not allowed even personal expression in clothing, and shamed if I got "out of line" did, said, or even wore anything they disapproved of.

I ended up marrying 2nd husband and hit rock bottom in terms of what I was willing to put up with and allowing people to use and abuse me.

Sobriety At Last💫

I then camped out at a sobriety club for about three months which in actual fact saved my life.

My sobriety wasn't from drugs and alcohol; it was from allowing people and situations to use and abuse me. I proudly took a one year chip at a local Celebrate Recovery this last December.

Selfishness Ain't Recovery💫

I continued to ruthlessly pursue life in MY best interests, screw what other people wanted or thought. I am not talking selfishness/self-centeredness. I am talking: NO people pleasing, allowing someone else to run my life, make bad personal decisions so someone else would be happy, or put up with *** treatment to be accepted.

What Entails A Life That Works For Me?🌻

• "NO" to bad living situations. Fix mess of past; do not make any further crap business/financial decisions. Do not "trust someone" to do any essential task and then have nowhere to live when they fail it.
  • Eventually good decisions piled up. I have a home, a husband, a bank account and have painfully rebuilt utterly destroyed credit.
  • I have plugged into many different community groups and contributed where able, so am reaping the fruits of these wise investments.

In A Nutshell...💫

Ruthlessly pursuing life in MY best interests means, today:

Responsibilities🌾

• Rent and utilities get paid in full, on time.
  • Bills keep current as able
  • Budget and buy so home is supplied with food, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, trash bags, other life necessities.
  • Home is clean stays clean I am too sick to recover it from allowing it to fall into disaster!!
  • Good relationships with neighbors.

Relationships🌾

• Father, Son, Holy Spirit FIRST
  • Husband SECOND
  • Believers/Neighbors/Teammates THIRD

Conclusions💫

Love others share what's given. Say please when you ask and thank you when you receive.

Too sick to work but I do little volunteer tasks as I am able.

✨️THAT is ruthlessly living life in MY best interests!!!✨️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 7th, 2023

@RogueOne1983

You are an absolute inspiration, One, so so so proud of you!🤗💗

RogueOne1983 OP September 7th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou thanks you beautiful gorgeous person you 💛💙💜

VictoriaLove7 September 27th, 2023

@RogueOne1983

Rogue, thank you for sharing this! ☺ I hope you continue to live a good life and not worrying about others' opinions. ✨

RogueOne1983 OP September 27th, 2023

@VictoriaLove7 thanks so much I appreciate that!!

CoolMeCool September 27th, 2023

@RogueOne1983

I like the sobriety part. It is really important to not let people use you or use your weaknesses. 😎

RogueOne1983 OP September 27th, 2023

@CoolMeCool yes very! Thanks!