Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

need advice on eating motivation

thatweirdfallkid July 26th

a few months ago my depression got to a point where i just lost my appetite completely.  i'm also dealing with an unspecified dissociative disorder, and when i have panic attacks i literally cannot feel my body at all, and i'm almost paralyzed.  lately it's been getting worse to the point that i'm constantly numb, i can't feel my body regularly, and when i move a finger or something it just doesn't feel like a part of my body.  today i just made the realization that this constant numbness and disassociation has started contributing to my loss of appetite; when i get hungry, i feel the emptiness, but i'm not actually feeling the pain really, so i'm not as motivated to eat.  and most of the time i either feel kind of sick thinking about getting something to eat, or if i can eat anything it's not a lot.  i'm under 90 lbs at this point, which especially as an older teenager i know is not healthy.  does anyone have any advice?  thank you

PoliteOcean July 27th

@thatweirdfallkid

Hi there~ 

I’m Ocean the Healthy Living Community leader~ 

We are sorry to hear that you are going through what seems to be a rather difficult time. That appears to be quite challenging for you. 

While we cannot offer you “advice” here at 7cups since we don’t know your full situation, and might do more harm than good, we can suggest that perhaps following up with your healthcare provider sounds like a good option!

It seems that you have a lot going on both mentally & physically. And one always interferes with the operation of the other. If that makes sense?…  As our overall well-being includes (Mental, physical & emotional, psychological, etc..). As it all goes hand-in-hand with one another. 

Following up with & speaking to your healthcare provider would allow them as professionals to rule-out any possible underlying health & medical issues & concerns that might be there or possibly need to be addressed first. 

In the meantime, there are many options & recipes that you could research on sites like Pinterest or YouTube etc.. to help make & create yourself a healthy nutritional Shake where you could incorporate many healthy ingredients & options that fit your individual taste & lifestyle… These could perhaps fill in some nutritional gaps that you might have by not eating or not being able to eat, until you are able to at least seek professional medical advice about your situation! 

In the meantime we are here to support you and your feelings & efforts at 7cups. And wish you the best of luck. Please continue to keep us updated on how you are doing & how things are continuing to go.