Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

*Ring: Hello? Yes, this is new disappointment calling...

jetm0t0 September 15th

So, I had a scoping procedure done and I might have Crohn's. I may find out on monday if I have it. There's a joke in there somewhere right? If you knew my life you might think I should've written a book by now. It seems I keep getting bad news after bad news. Anyway, maybe it's all good and it's not anything like having cancer just because it's an autoimmune disease.
I will try to keep my head up, because I for one need to see the good news as soon as it's coming. And secondly, I really HATE being forced to eat at the whim of what may or may not *** off my stomach. I feel so incapable when it comes to food and eating. So I'm hoping I'm just confused right now and my Dr. will come back and diagnose me on monday, and the treatment they talked about will work. Not only work but work significantly. It's very hard knowing I have no energy and that I can't eat 70-80 percent of the things I used to. My college goals depend on getting treated so I can still function in class.
Does anyone have a good idea where I can get group talks for people with Crohn's?

PoliteOcean September 15th

@jetm0t0

Hi there Jet~ 

We are sorry to hear that you may be possibly dealing with a challenging condition. Im sure that this has been a personal struggle & a difficult time for you. And we hope that you will soon have all the answers that you need & are waiting for through your medical team & healthcare provider. 

In the meantime (as I’m not sure what country you are in or where you are located), but you can find some answers & support through online venues. Such as the Mayo Clinic & The Centers for Chronic Illness. And you can possibly find other personal support in online groups on ***, Tik Tok, & other social media handles where others may be personally dealing with Crohns, & Including our Disability Support Group here at 7Cups. 

Also once you have your official diagnosis through your provider, you can discuss with them a plan to perhaps meet with a Registered Dietitian & Nutritionist who can help you devise an eating plan to help manage the condition. 

And until then we are here to support you and send our best wishes to you! 

Here are  two of the online links that I mentioned… 

slowdecline48 September 18th

Bad news, sir. Am sorry to read it...Crohn's is no joke. By now there has to be a Reddit community dedicated to it, or to gastrointestinal disorders in general. You could track it down, easily.