Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My Keys to a Healthy Life

1chillalien August 26th

Good morning beautiful humans! 

I would like to tell you what I think are the 4 keys to a healthy life.

1. Do not set expectations.
  2. Practice discipline.
  3. Do things in moderation.
  4. Define things properly.

Expectations are a killer of a happy life. We set expectations for ourselves, our bf/gf, parents, jobs, friends, EVERYTHING. When the humans in our life do not meet what we expect of them, we become upset. When we set expectations on outcomes of situations, they will either meet, or not meet expectations. Depending on the severity, we will become upset or happy! Let go of what you cannot control and spend your energy on things you can! You can prepare for that interview, but you cannot control the ones conducting the interview. You can treat your friends with respect and give them all of you, but you cannot force them to do the same. They are not you, and how you choose to live your life is your choice.😌

Discipline is the lifeblood of a healthy existence and probably the hardest for us to achieve. Set goals for yourself and follow them. BUT remember what I said about expectations. 💪

Moderation and Discipline go hand and hand. Once you become disciplined, living a life of moderation becomes easier. YOU can have sweets, just do not eat more than a serving. YOU can watch your favorite shows on Netflix, just do not spend all day doing it. Even too much exercise can be bad for you. Live a balanced lifestyle. Do not overwork, but do not spend all day playing. Work on yourself, but do not forget to invest time into your family and friends. ⚖️

Define things properly. This is probably the most important on the list. We define everything, but how we define it shapes our existence and mental health. If your bf/gf break up with you, how do you define that situation? Do you tell yourself you're not good enough and that no one will ever love you? Do you tell yourself that you will always be alone? How about saying that you gave it your best! Sometimes things just do not work out. I will miss them, but I gave it my best and have a good foundation on things I can work on for next time. If you define the good and bad (especially the bad) of life as learning experiences, then you will not get caught up in the pity party cycles that ruin your mood! That 5 minute moment of discomfort does not have to ruin your day. Its just a bad moment, not a bad day. 💜

I hope this can help you! End the year strong! Strive to be 1% better than you were yesterday!

stoic_1724667261.jpg

PoliteOcean August 28th

@1chillalien

Great post & info. Thank you for sharing with our community :) 

1chillalien OP August 28th

@PoliteOcean of course! I hope it helps! 💜

@1chillalien I like your profile picture friend! And this is great advice, my favorite word is moderation. 😹 Stoic philosophy this is? I'm not Greek enough but I know all roads lead to Rome. 😹 Thank you for sharing this, very well put together. 💯💫❤️

1chillalien OP Sunday

@competentTruth3079 Thank you! It is based on Stoic philosophy 😁. Following these principles have helped me a lot. Over the years, I have heard over and over that the root of mostly all problems begin with an expectation that wasn't met. 

@1chillalien

ah yes the stoic ideals , quite nice

tho they only work once you found your core motives and problems

1chillalien OP Sunday

@scorpionpolktanktree Thank you! Can you expand on that some more?