Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Healthy recipes

anitaa94 December 19th, 2015

Hi everyone!

I have been trying to lose weight so I started exercising but I know that I will have to change my eating habbits too. So I'd like to ask you if you know any delicious healthy meal recipes (any meal of the day) if you could share it with me 😊

Awdrgh March 15th, 2016

@anitaa94

Hii anitaa,

Gradual change is important, try to adapt slowly to ur new eating habit, this will help u stick to it longer.

Reduce ur meal portion, and concentrate on low calorie food such as veg and fruit

Dont forget to follow "my plate" recomendation make half ur plate from veg 1 quarter from protein and the last quarter from CHO

Remember the rules of my pyramid, varity moderation and balance.

AdVictoriam December 20th, 2015

Get a blender or a juicer! I prefer the blender simply because it's easier to clean and faster in terms of making food.

Blending everything together helps me get all my lovely fruits and veggies in a quick smoothie form. It's quick and it's enjoyable to drink. :)

Some blending tips:
Bananas and peanut butter are a staple for me because they create a smoother texture that makes it easy to drink whatever concoction you make :p
Adding protein (either powder or peanut butter) helps make you feel full longer. A smoothie can usually keep me going for 4+ hours. Sometimes if I know I have a long day ahead, I might drink 2 smoothies and take one to go.
Invest in a decent blender! A blender with a decent power output (mine is 80W) will make it easier to blend everything and create a creamy texture faster, saving you time :)
Mise en place aka prepare beforehand! I usually prepare my ingredients for blending the night before that way when I way up I can just throw things together quickly. It keeps me from being tempted by other more unhealthy choices as well!

Right now my go to smoothie is kale, apple, banana, and sometimes peanut butter or a protein powder. It's quick and more importantly cheap yet healthy :p

Other general tips:
I like using a slow cooker because it saves time and makes multiple servings. I like cooking but sometimes I just want to eat. Slow cooked meals lets me make left overs and it's ready when I get home :)
Always having healthy leftovers (or snacks) is a great thing as well! Sometimes when Im hungry, Ill get something unhealthy to eat simply because I have nothing else to eat
Drink water! Aside from just general hydration, drinking water before a meal can also help you cut down on the amount of food you eat
Eat slower. It lets your body know when you're full. Eating slower can let your body realize it's full and signal to you to stop eating, making it harder to overeat

Happy healthy living <3

anitaa94 OP December 21st, 2015

@AdVictoriam Thank you!! :)

Tovbugears January 12th, 2016

@AdVictoriam

yum thanks for sharing with us!

Awdrgh March 15th, 2016

@AdVictoriam goood advice πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘