Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Popup Meetup 🤝

March 30th, 2021

If you have any opinions about Popups feel free to voice them in this thread.

For the latest popup discussions update Click Here

Pop Up GIFs | Tenor

Useful Links:

Help Wanted - Click Here
How to host a popup? - Click Here

Leave a feedback for your favorite host - Click Here

Have an idea for Popup? Check out the script guide - Click Here

kindLemonade June 14th, 2021

@DonaldDraper

This is perfect for me, thank you heart

Star996 June 14th, 2021

@DonaldDraper

Great! Will PM you!

June 14th, 2021

Thank you for tagging me in this! Will try it out when I get the chance. :)

Sunisshiningandsoareyou June 20th, 2021

Thankyou, agreed with the quote lol , and love this great idea , will be sure to try it out , lemme know if you'd like to co host sometime @DonaldDraper 😆❤

June 21st, 2021

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou I know why you are 😆
#LaggingShine

June 21st, 2021

@DonaldDraper ahaha didn't realize Sun was known for lagging when hosting sessions. They kept up for the most part when I joined in.

June 21st, 2021

@richuyulin While hosting maybe not. But every other moment, pretty much yes hehe

June 21st, 2021

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou hewo! It's been a while since we've co-hosted... Wanna co-host a pop-up combo some time?

June 28th, 2021

Hey Awesome Puffies 🧡

Introducing
The newest
The latest
Addition to popups

One Link to rule them all. One link to find them. One link to bring them all and in Popups bind them

One ring to rule them all... - Lord of the Rings Fan Art (36926779 ...

Save the link (or just easy to remember. hehe) = https://tinyurl.com/popup7cups

A one stop spot for Guide, Scripts and Submission Form.
To make popups hosting even simpler.

Now no need to look around for script and links and forms. Just show up and host Grinning

Let us know what do you think? It will be rolled out officially on 1st July. All the popup submissions from 1st July are to be made through this only. (Older links will not work/redirect)

@DonaldDraper , @Sunisshiningandsoareyou , @ouiCherie , @jovialButterfly6752 , @kindLemonade , @Star996 , @Richuyulin, @Starryskies108 , @VerseArt , @AsilentObserver , @Hope

Sunisshiningandsoareyou June 28th, 2021

Everything in one place looks great @DonaldDraper ! Thankyou 😄

kindLemonade June 28th, 2021

@DonaldDraper
Ooooh, perfect!

ouiCherie June 28th, 2021

@DonaldDraper brilliant! 💜

IceCream4IceCream June 28th, 2021

@DonaldDraper
One doesn't simply do a popup with multiple links! Thanks dumbledore (jk)

Star996 June 28th, 2021

@DonaldDraper

Thank you so much for this! You honestly are so cool wowwwwww

Thanks again! It will be so easy to navigate now :D

July 20th, 2021

Thanks for the update @DonaldDraper!

July 1st, 2021

Events Team Badge

After Achieving the Pop Up Ninja badge you can now earn an Events Team badge

The 3-2-1 criteria to have and to hold the Events Badge
3 popup sessions in a week to earn a Popup Ninja badge
2 popup sessions at least in 2 months in a row (after earning the Popup Ninja Badge)
1 popup session a month at least after that to hold the badge

December 3rd, 2021

Brainstorming time

@Aikyaa11000 @Angelx28 @AriadneLove @BlueDarkAurora @brightWindow2311 @Bubblegumwings1234 @Colorfuldogsofparadise @Fristo @GoldenRuleJG @iampapaya @jovialButterfly6752 @kindLemonade @Lunasel @MoonChild1206 @NerdieBuddie @ouiCherie @PikaBoom @richuyulin @secrecykhasya @Star996 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @theriverissinging @VaryingCloud @Vroomvroom

As you may have seen in the November update, we had a comparatively slow month for popups.

To help the popups boost again, please reply (optional)

1) What do you like the most about popups as a host and/or as a participant?

2) What do you suggest can be done to increase popups?

3) Tag someone who would be interested in popups

4) Additional thoughts or suggestions are welcome

ouiCherie December 3rd, 2021

@DonaldDraper

What I like about popups is the topics are relaxing and mostly (if not all) are lighthearted. Mood lifter!

More topics, more sessions 😀

I'm bad at this 😅🙏

I'll PM if I have any 🙃 All the best Don!

GoldenRuleJG December 3rd, 2021

@DonaldDraper

1) What do you like the most about popups as a host and/or as a participant? As a host and participant I like the fun involved in it and diversity of opinions :)

2) What do you suggest can be done to increase popups? Creating new scripts. Sending invites ,using calendar 🤔

3) Tag someone who would be interested in popups @brightWindow2311, @DonaldDraper, @Rosshini

Keep up the great work hosts and participants keep enjoying and don’t hesitate to try hosting in future too. It can boost your confidence and you will do fab :)

December 3rd, 2021

@GoldenRuleJG

Thank you for the tag 😊

December 3rd, 2021

@DonaldDraper

As a host and participant I love the thing how members feel heard by the discussions and feels they matters aswell and their feelings are valid also the interactions made me feel really great by seeing how much it creates awarness(for guided discussions).

Creating new scripts on new topics,by sending invites to many,by doing discussions often.

@courageousheart96 , @GoldenRuleJG , @Mindfullistener82

Keep up the great work participants and host know that you all are great and keep up the great work every step matters for a change to be made to this world(in the sense bringing awareness and trying to understand and make everyone feel heard❤)

December 3rd, 2021

@DonaldDraper

I am in love with most of the pop-up scripts, they are magic for me!

Introduce a pop-up co-host buddy program, where co-hosts could be paired for hosting together!

@Erato @MoonChild1206

I appreciate you being pro-active with leading pop-up project all these months, thanks to you we have this wonderful pop-up program up and bringing smiles to the community!

MoonChild1206 December 3rd, 2021

@DonaldDraper

I love how they're usually so fun, open, and free-flowing. Getting to chat with so many amazing people. Usually more light-hearted than other rooms, I find.

Schedule more pop-ups in advance, create and submit an event in the community calander.

@mxskeleton @rebekahroyal @fristo @exuberantprune9790 @azalea98 @donalddraper @communitymodever @robynlouise @tinydream @sunisshiningandsoareyou @asilentobserver @amazingnutella @visionarys @ariadnelove @hopieremi @fander @ivorynorth6817 @kniftee

I look forward to participating in more pop-ups :D
Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 3rd, 2021

Thanks for tagging me @MoonChild1206 😊

Tagging @Amazingnutella24 for you ! Go Nutttt, share some of your wonderful thoughts and suggestions 💗

BlueDarkAurora December 3rd, 2021

@DonaldDraper @_@

I like the creative questions, the wonderful hosts and the kind, supportive participants.

Drag in more hosts :3 hehe but I guess a fixed time for the popups or like spreading the news to more people that popups are being held can be helpful, (a little in advance for me *-* )

*Tags myself*

The time and effort you guys are putting in the community is admirable ^-^<3

VaryingCloud December 3rd, 2021

@Donalddraper - Thank you for the tag. 😊

1. As a host I like the positive energy and enthusiasm of our amazing participants and co-hosts. Discussions help process the information rather than just receiving it passively. It stimulates the brain and also helps in team building and bonding which provides fulfillment leading to greater participation levels in future. As a participant I love the opportunity and space provided to voice out the opinion and brainstorm the ideas with fellow participants. Not to forget, games are all super fun and great mood boosters too! 😊❤️
  2. To increase popups, how about including some new topics, preparing the scripts and adding on to the list? Newness could be motivating especially for those who’ve been regularly conducting popups? Maybe? 🤔 Also, many newbies might not be aware of this opportunity at all. Maybe by sending them notifications or by making them ‘aware’ through other means could contribute to increase in the number of popups? (Not sure if it is already done) : )
  3. People I could think of at the moment for tagging are mostly tagged so maybe I could tag them again alongwith few other names: @Bubblegumwings1234 @Fristo @NerdieBuddie @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @Vroomvroom @cheerfulIceCream @HealTheHealer @brightWindow2311 @Kindkiwi4unz✨❤️😊
  4. Just maybe one small input here - How about including some games like Conscience alley also know as Thought tunnel? (We used to play in school and would simply love it!) It could be a way of exploring contradicting thoughts at the same time and thus providing an opportunity to reflect upon them. A script maybe required before conducting such a game.

P.S. - I do not have much idea about this so far so apologies in case there are any repetitions. 🙃

@VaryingCloud

Thanks for the tag ,Cloud ! I admire your thoughts and they sure seem like great suggestions! 😊❤

Could you throw some light on how to play the thought tunnel game ? ( more specifically how to play it virtually ) 👀

December 3rd, 2021

@VaryingCloud

Thank you for the tag❤

I honestly think it is just "life" that happened lol , as the world is getting back to normalcy ( which is not a bad thing ofcourse ) , time spent here for everyone is affected largely I feel ! 😮❤

But ofcourse we can all do our bit in bringing the charm of pop ups backkkkkk, so glad you invited us to brainstorm, Donzieee ! Feel free to count this as a suggestion too lol, how about we have a partyyyyy for puffiesss and ofcourse everyone who wants to join the *special event* ! We can talk about pop ups ( ofcourse xD) , hosts can share their hosting experience, participants can share their experience of attending one , everyone can share a moment of gratitude to be able to have some fun and relaxation amidst welllll, *life* xD....I am excited already, lemme know when to keep the pizza and cookies ready for it ! 🥳🥰❤

Both as a host and participant, I like the fun , light hearted element attached to it , the whole vibe of special events rooms ~ connecting with people over something chill is pretty darn relaxing and like others mentioned, helps in lifting the mood !

I agree over new scripts, adding a certain "newness" could definitely spark curiosity amongst everyone!

We can also do alerts in the community for a wide reach in the "advertising" sense !

Tagging you back :P @DonaldDraper

♡ Pop ups are usually held in the special events room which comes under the Community projects and events sub community, so the room supporters and chatroom Mods under this community can be encouraged to lead pop ups too !

♡ How does a regular weekly pop up hour sound ? 😮 fixing a time and day each week and anyone who wants to lead one on spot can do so ( a com mod on shift can share the script / guide etc ) [ this does go against the whole idea of "pop ups" Haha but a kind of regularity and familiarity can help boost the interest and engagement in such ~ specially considering the last month(s) activity, the more people will know about pop ups, the more will turn to host or participate, I guess ]

VaryingCloud December 4th, 2021

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I deliberately (and conveniently) skipped the difficult part 😝👻 leaving it to be thought/discussed about by more experienced people out here : p : p : p hehe.

(Will need some more proper/channelized thinking for the same and obviously not sure if this would work virtually : p)

Conscience alley is a game wherein a scenario (specific dilemma) is given and two teams (angels and devils) share their ideas (motivation) to help the character make a decision. The host maybe that character and the participants divided into two teams can keep sharing their angelic and devilish but logical thoughts. : )

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 4th, 2021

@VaryingCloud lol haha sorry for catching you when you were about skip then :P xD

We can all certainly chime in our thoughts and suggestions and have a work around over things, experience or no ~ idea is where things start , so you did a great job with it already ! ❤

I now understand the game lol, it sounds very interesting! I do feel concerned about the "division in teams " part because participants come and go, some lurk ( :P ) etc , so maybe we can think of ways it can be done without dividing under any teams !

A suggestion -:

○ how about if we ask new people joining what would they like to pick ( angel or devil ) and then move forwards with the game , where the host plays the character ofcourse ! 😮

Chime in everyone! 😄

December 11th, 2021

Thank you all for your valuable feedback. All replies have been read and noted. 🧡
@Sunisshiningandsoareyou , @ouiCherie , @MoonChild1206 , @jovialButterfly6752 , @GoldenRuleJG , @richuyulin , @brightWindow2311 , @Bubblegumwings1234 , @Fristo , @VaryingCloud

Important feedback on the feedback:

1) Yes, popups are fun and lighthearted discussions. They are fun and energetic. At the same time, popup hosts ensure that the participants are heard and supported as and when needed. It understandably becomes difficult to respond/hear/give support to all if/when the room becomes fast paced.

Which is the main reason to not include games in popup discussions.
I feel games are more suited for listener rooms, where everyone is on their L account and not seeking support.
So, if anyone would like to try/host a game out, we can add a "Popup: Game Time" option (only to be hosted in LCR for adults and Friendship Room for teens)

Being said that, we do have a "Popup Trial" option wherein anyone can experiment with their new ideas.

2) There are some useful scripts that can be helpful for the members but are not hosted often.
Some of them are named below.
Script - Being Thankful, Script - Managing Negative emotions, Script - Fighting Procrastination, Script - Support Networks, Script - Finding Peace Within, Script - Pursuing A Happy Life, Script - Daily Affirmations, Script - Kindness on 7cups

So, new scripts are welcome. But at the same time, as hosts, we can push ourselves to host such helpful topics more often.

We do have an option of "Popup combo" too. It's a 45 min popup where we host a Script Topic and a Prompt topic back to back. To make the session helpful and end it on a fun note. (Click here for details about popup combo)

If anyone would still like to write a script that they think can be helpful for participants, please refer this link

3) To increase the popup hosting, we do need to increase more alerts and more cross subcomm promotion. Implementing this sitewide might take some time, but work is in progress.

Meanwhile, how can hosts contribute in boosting popups? Ans: ABC
a) Ask ComMods to create alerts before hosting popups
b) Be sure to nominate a few people (who aren't already hosts but who you think can do well with hosting) each time you submit the log form with exact usernames
c) Create a forum thread if you are going to host it at a fixed date and time and ask an Admin/Commod/Ambassador to create alert(s) for it.

PS: if someone wants to host but is not sure, we do have an option of Co-hosting. You can co-host a popup with a fellow user. Teaming up only means more fun and more support 🧡
(If sometwo are cohosting, please make sure that both are filling the form separately to make your contributions count.)

retagging the names mentioned in the thread who might like to know about popups:

@amazingnutella @ariadnelove @asilentobserver @azalea98 @brahmm @brightWindow2311 @Bubblegumwings1234 @cheerfulicecream @communitymodever @courageousheart96 @DonaldDraper @Erato @exuberantprune9790 @fander @fristo @Fristo @GoldenRuleJG @HealTheHealer @hopieremi @ivorynorth6817 @Kindkiwi4unz @kniftee @Mindfullistener82 @MoonChild1206 @mxskeleton @NerdieBuddie @rebekahroyal @robynlouise @Rosshini @sunisshiningandsoareyou @tinydream @visionarys @vroomvroom

February 16th, 2022

Heya Puffies 🧡

I see we havent gathered for nearly 2 months. Let's get the round table started again. *sets tea and cookies*

Feel free to share your suggestions or ideas related to popups in this thread.

On the scale of 1-10, how easy do you find it to host popups?
What do you think can help in making hosting popups easier?
On the scale of 1-10, how fun do you find it to host popups?
What do you think can help in making hosting popups more fun?
What is more important in hosting popups for you? Fun or convenience?

@AriadneLove @bethelight111 @cheerfulIceCream @GoldenRuleJG @HealingBrokenWIngs @jovialButterfly6752 @kindLemonade @KyleBorg @Mindfullistener82 @MysticTrip @olivia5611 @rainbowdogsofparadise @richuyulin @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @VaryingCloud @Victor04

VaryingCloud February 17th, 2022

Hello everyone!❤️

@DonaldDraper

Thank you for inviting us to this conference and for giving us the opportunity to talk.😛

*takes a seat and sips tea* xD

On the scale of 1-10, how easy do you find it to host popups?

It keeps varying :p. Sometimes it is an 8 or a 9 and sometimes it is also a 5 before starting the session but once it starts, it mostly gets to a 9 or a 10 anyway. xD

What do you think can help in making hosting popups easier?

1. Being your natural self

2. Right frame of mind (no anticipation :p) - hosting only when you feel like and you have time and energy.

3. Continuity - hosting the sessions regularly even if it is just once or twice a week.

4. Feeling strong lol (even if you start to feel otherwise xD)

5. Written scripts sometimes🤔

6. Cohosting xD - makes hosting easier (especially when you’re not sure when you’ll be pulled away) and at the same time it is more fun too. 👻

On the scale of 1-10, how fun do you find it to host popups?

I can say 9 or 10. The synergized positive energy generated in the rooms during popups is just amazing due to such wonderful people around here. That energy surely has a lasting impact on your day too.

What do you think can help in making hosting popups more fun?

Enjoying hosting ourselves - so that others enjoy too, and we enjoy even more! Also, to keep coming up with more new games, and topics for discussion to experiment. Some icebreakers in the beginning are always good to set the pace and add to fun too.

What is more important in hosting popups for you? Fun or convenience?

Fun xD.

On a second thought a good mixture of both in the long run. :p

March 29th, 2022

Surveying
Hey Commods. Please help us figure out something

If it's not too much of a bother, please let us know the most active timeslots for the following rooms and approximate people present then

LSR
MCR
TL
TCR

@ASilentObserver @CommunityModAaron @CommunityModAlex @CommunityModAnne @CommunityModCharlie @CommunitymodChristine @CommunityModEden @CommunityModEllie @CommunityModElliot @CommunityModEver @CommunityModJennie @CommunityModKay @CommunityModLou @CommunityModLucy @CommunityModLynn @CommunityModWillow

CommunityModAlex March 30th, 2022

@DonaldDraper

Hi, Donald!

Thank you for the amazing questions.

Usually, the activity can be pretty random, but what we have found is that teen member rooms are usually more inactive from 2am to 8am ET zone. And listeners' rooms (both sides, but TL is way more inactive) follow the same trend as our teen member rooms.

Adult support rooms can be less active during early ET mornings (6-8ams) and even sometimes around 4-6 pm.

However, MCR is pretty active around all the time, but sometimes, during the 6-10pms zone, it can be found inactive.

If you have any questions, please share.

Thank you for everything you have been doing for the community. We really appreciate you. 🤩

June 4th, 2022

An important update for the hosts!

Hellu Puffies 🤗

Group support team is making efforts for collabs between subcoms. Which means more cohosting 🤩
(You can find the details here - Collab Details or connect with @Sher217)

So, we have made a slight addition to the popup form to make cohosting popups a bit easier.

If you are cohosting, both hosts had to fill it separately earlier. But now -
Only the lead host has to fill the form 🤩

if you are hosting a combo, you had to fill the form twice earlier. But now, -
You only have to fill once for combos 🤩

The added options can be seen in below image and will appear on the last page of submission form (tinyurl.com/popup7cups)

_1654324919.image.png

feel free to ask here (or in PMs) if you have any doubts.

Happy Cohosting! 👬

Recent hosts tag: @Beautifulalamort @BlueRiver5968 @Bubblegumwings1234 @coldbreeze00 @comfortableCat5294 @Communicativepenny8383 @Fristo @icanhelp22 @KyleBorg @liana2277 @Lou73 @MyNameIsNicole @Optimisticempath @OuiCherie @RainbowdogsofParadise @Reemhelp @richuyulin @SkylarListens @usefulSummer3139 @VaryingCloud @WarmLightXO @wonderfulMagic99

Sunisshiningandsoareyou June 4th, 2022

@DonaldDraper

Great updates, Donziee! ❤ Less form filling is always a plus lol, iykyk! 😛

And cohosting is awesome! Way to go, everyone!

(Typo edit 😛)

WarmLightXO June 4th, 2022

@DonaldDraper

Amaaaaazing, thank you Don!

November 14th, 2022

On-spot Feedback

Hello Puffies, it's been a loooonggg time since we have gathered here. Hope all of you are doing well 🤗
This tag is to update that a new section has been added at the last part of submission form. It can be used to mention any positive comments or feedback that you receive while hosting a popup session (during or at the end)

Many a times participants cannot fill out the feedback for different reasons. But they do share some kind words about the session at the end.

This new section allows you to share that valuable feedback by yourself 🧡

It lets the community know how people feel while attending your session
It also encourages more people to host and spread more smiles

Two 🍪🍪 each for everyone tagged below:
Tags: @29amy @Angelx28 @AnnaTess @AriadneLove @bethelight111 @bigRiver7781 @BlueRiver5968 @Brahmm @Bubblegumwings1234 @CalmWaves3939 @cheerfulIceCream @coldbreeze00 @Colofuldogsans @Colordogsofparadise @Colorfuldogsof @ColorfuldogsofParadise @comfortableCat5294 @Communicativepenny8383 @emotionalTalker2260 @empatheticLavender2924 @Formerly @Fristo @Goalsforlife @GoldenNest2727 @GoldenRuleJG @HealingBrokenWIngs @Here4good74 @HopefulBambi @hopefulsnow8833 @hopezzy @icanhelp22 @jovialButterfly6752 @kindheartedLily6247 @kindLemonade @Kyle8973 @KyleBorg @Legion18 @lemonbot @liana2277 @LlamaLizz @Lolowise475 @Lou73 @mentalspace7cup @MindfulListener82 @MollyT @MoonChild1206 @MyNameIsNicole @MyPleasure @MysticTrip @NovaGalaxy @olivia5611 @Optimisticempath @ouiCherie @Paradise @Peacefulflight @PhoenixTears5972 @PikaBoom @RainbowdogsofParadise @rainyFlute197 @Reemhelp @richuyulin @secrecykhasya @ShawntellaVanillaStrawberry @SkylarListens @SkyLindenHope @Star996 @StargirlTina @Starryskies108 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @tidyHickory3283 @unique73 @useuflSummer3139 @VaryingCloud @VerseArt @VicK5123 @Visioninroseblush @WarmLightXO @wonderfulMagic99 @yourbuddy30 @YourFriend247 @Hope @Asilentobserver