Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trolling Immunity Oath

Heather June 8th, 2016

If you spend enough time in the support chat rooms (or anywhere on the internet for that matter!) it is quite possible that you will encounter someone or other engaging in trolling behaviours. Should this happen to you, first and foremost please know its not your fault. The other person has the problem. Often, they just get a kick out of upsetting or aggravating another person, but it only works if we rise to take the bait.

There are certain things we can do as a community to build more immunity against those individuals who choose to cause distress or annoyance to others, and many of you are doing a great job at it already! The key thing to remember is that without an audience reacting to their comments and remarks, the person trolling becomes quite powerless. Its just no fun yelling at someone who doesnt seem to notice! This isnt to say the burden is entirely on you, but that we can work together to become more immune to trolling and help to protect one another. The other important part to this is to use the mute/report button to report any harmful/trolling behaviour you witness. This helps community managers to identify and remove those individuals.

The process when you encounter trolling behaviour should look like this:

⛔️ Stop engaging ---> 🔇 Mute the troublecauser ---> 📝 Report via mute/report button.

If youd like to be part of this initiative to take a stand against trolling, please carefully read the following oath and then post it in this thread with your own username/current date. You will receive an Group Chat Antibody badge for doing so (coming soon!). You can simply copy and paste the oath, but its more meaningful if you type it out. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, XX, pledge :

To follow the chat room rules and lead by example at all times.

To not interact directly with anyone engaging in hurtful behaviours in the support room and encourage others to follow my lead.

To report harmful behaviours whenever I see them in the support room, whether they be directed at myself or a fellow member.

To understand that muting and ignoring are my most powerful weapons against those who aim to cause distress and harm, and to remind others of the same.

To use my mute button whenever necessary, to disempower those who aim to cause harm, and to protect myself.

To respect other users' decision to mute, and never disrespect their boundaries by relaying messages.

Signed: [your username]

DD/MM/YYYY

Mentalgirl June 8th, 2016

@Heather thank you for that information I know there are many who are being trolled. It's not always easy to deal with.

purpleVase8255 June 10th, 2016

@Heather I can't copy and paste from my phone. ..

June 8th, 2016

@Heather

I, KindListening, pledge :

To not interact directly with anyone engaging in hurtful behaviours in the support room and encourage others to follow my lead.

To report harmful behaviours whenever I see them in the support room, whether they be directed at myself or a fellow member.

To understand that muting and ignoring are my most powerful weapons against those who aim to cause distress and harm, and to remind others of the same.

To use my mute button whenever necessary, to disempower those who aim to cause harm, and to protect myself.

Signed: KindListening

08/06/2016

ih0pe June 8th, 2016

I, Hopey, pledge:

To follow the chatroom rules and lead by example at all times.

To not interact directly with anyone engaging in hurtful behaviors in the support room and encourage others to follow my lead.

Signed: ih0pe

08/06/2016

ihope4ever June 8th, 2016

I, Avery, pledge:

To not interact directly with anyone engaging in hurtful behaviors in the support room and encourage others to follow my lead.

Signed: ihope4ever 💜

08/06/2016

courageousHickory1629 June 8th, 2016

I,courageoushickory1629, pledge:

Signed: courageoushickory1629 💜

08/06/2016

elizapastels June 8th, 2016

@Heather

I, elizapastels, pledge :

Signed: elizapastels

sunfish42 June 8th, 2016

I, sunfish, pledge :

Signed: sunfish

06/08/2016

TortueDesBois June 8th, 2016

I, wood turtle, pledge :

Signed: wood turtle

08/06/2016

hbcrayons June 8th, 2016

I, hbcrayons, pledge :

Signed: hbcrayons

08/06/2016

redmark June 8th, 2016

I, redmark, pledge :

Signed: redmark

08/06/2016

June 8th, 2016

I, alexa2, pledge :

Signed: alexa2

9th June 2016

windsong4444 June 9th, 2016

@Heather this is a good idea. Non reaction is a tool that can help us in our life as well as in the chat rooms. Thank you so much.

I, XX, pledge :

Signed: windsong

06/08/2016

Moj June 9th, 2016

I, Moj, pledge :

Signed: Moj

08/06/2016

barath1999 June 9th, 2016

I, Barath R, pledge :

Signed: barath1999

06/09/2016

I've been bullied in the community room and I've gone through it , even if nobody in the room cared to shoo him off

@barath1999

*09/06/1999

@indiantrollsdotnet

How aren't you banned yet ?

SenpaiXD June 9th, 2016

@Heather

I, Senpai, pledge :

Signed: SenpaiXD

06/08/2016

olive3 June 9th, 2016

i olive3 pledge

to follow chatroom rules and lead by example

to not directly interact with people engaging in hurtful behaviors in the support room and encourage others to do the same

to report harmful behaviors when i see them regardless of who theyre aimed towards

to understand muting and ignoring are my most powerful weapons against those who aim to cause distress and harm and to remind others of the same

to use my mute button whenever necessary to disempower those who aim to cause harm and to protect myself

olive3

9/6//2016

BridgetAileen June 9th, 2016

I, BridgetAileen, pledge :

Signed: BridgetAileen

08/06/2016

thelonesomerider June 9th, 2016

I, Caspar, pledge :

Signed: thelonesomerider

08/06/2016

LilyGalilea June 9th, 2016

I, LilyGalilea, pledge:

Signed: LilyGalilea
09/06/2016

QuietMuse June 9th, 2016

Trolling really is a serious issue in a community that is meant to help and support people, I take the pledge and I hope that trolling will cease and that people can feel free to talk and share without being afraid of encountering a troll.

crimsonPlum47 June 9th, 2016

I, Otto, pledge :

Signed: CrimsonPlum47

09/06/2016

pumpkinaly June 9th, 2016

@Heather

I, pumpkinaly, pledge :

Signed: aly

6/9/16

7Sunshine June 9th, 2016

I, 7Sunshine, pledge :

Signed: 7Sunshine

09/06/2016

shortuglystupidboy June 9th, 2016

i am not troll. just because i am a citizen of a normal country. and i am a student and my english so bad. Beside i have many big problems. With all of this, i very have to try to understand what people talk. Sometimes i have to out room because im scare. sometimes maybe people dont know clearly what i say. i dont think anybody would greatful to help me

bravePrune4654 June 9th, 2016

@shortuglystupidboy

Your username shows that you think you are worth nothing and people treat you the way you treat yourself usually.

moonfly June 9th, 2016

I, moonfly, pledge :

Signed: moonfly

09/06/2016

LoyalFriend June 9th, 2016

I, LoyalFriend, pledge :

Signed: LoyalFriend

June 9, 2016

EmpressJ17 June 9th, 2016

I sign EmpressJai35 @LoyalFriend

StoryPainter June 13th, 2016

@LoyalFriend

Signed! Trolls need to be kicked to the curb until they decide to act like mature people.

StoryPainter June 13th, 2016

@LoyalFriend

I, StoryPainter, pledge :

Signed: StoryPainter

13/June/2016

annamariasofiafrancesca June 15th, 2016

I Sign! @LoyalFriend

HopieRemi July 6th, 2016

@LoyalFriend

I sign, SoothingAsh

Depression and loneliness brought mee here

ariahchri June 9th, 2016

I, Marberlmaid, pledge :

Signed: Marberlmaid

June 9, 2016

MidniteAngel June 10th, 2016

I, MidniteAngel, pledge :

Signed: MidniteAngel

June 10, 2016

gloriousJoy07 June 10th, 2016

Signed : gloriousJoy07

11/06/2016

geekgirl2006 June 11th, 2016

@Heather

I, geekgirl2006, pledge :

Signed: GeekGirl2006

06/10/2016