Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trolling Immunity Oath

Heather June 8th, 2016

If you spend enough time in the support chat rooms (or anywhere on the internet for that matter!) it is quite possible that you will encounter someone or other engaging in trolling behaviours. Should this happen to you, first and foremost please know its not your fault. The other person has the problem. Often, they just get a kick out of upsetting or aggravating another person, but it only works if we rise to take the bait.

There are certain things we can do as a community to build more immunity against those individuals who choose to cause distress or annoyance to others, and many of you are doing a great job at it already! The key thing to remember is that without an audience reacting to their comments and remarks, the person trolling becomes quite powerless. Its just no fun yelling at someone who doesnt seem to notice! This isnt to say the burden is entirely on you, but that we can work together to become more immune to trolling and help to protect one another. The other important part to this is to use the mute/report button to report any harmful/trolling behaviour you witness. This helps community managers to identify and remove those individuals.

The process when you encounter trolling behaviour should look like this:

⛔️ Stop engaging ---> 🔇 Mute the troublecauser ---> 📝 Report via mute/report button.

If youd like to be part of this initiative to take a stand against trolling, please carefully read the following oath and then post it in this thread with your own username/current date. You will receive an Group Chat Antibody badge for doing so (coming soon!). You can simply copy and paste the oath, but its more meaningful if you type it out. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, XX, pledge :

To follow the chat room rules and lead by example at all times.

To not interact directly with anyone engaging in hurtful behaviours in the support room and encourage others to follow my lead.

To report harmful behaviours whenever I see them in the support room, whether they be directed at myself or a fellow member.

To understand that muting and ignoring are my most powerful weapons against those who aim to cause distress and harm, and to remind others of the same.

To use my mute button whenever necessary, to disempower those who aim to cause harm, and to protect myself.

To respect other users' decision to mute, and never disrespect their boundaries by relaying messages.

Signed: [your username]

DD/MM/YYYY

LilacKalypso9 March 12th, 2021

@Heather

I, LilacKalypso9, pledge :

To not interact directly with anyone engaging in hurtful behaviours in the support room and encourage others to follow my lead.

To report harmful behaviours whenever I see them in the support room, whether they be directed at myself or a fellow member.

To understand that muting and ignoring are my most powerful weapons against those who aim to cause distress and harm, and to remind others of the same.

To use my mute button whenever necessary, to disempower those who aim to cause harm, and to protect myself.

To respect other users' decision to mute, and never disrespect their boundaries by relaying messages.

Signed: LilacKalypso9

12/03/2021

EmJayyy April 28th, 2021

@Heather

I, MJ, pledge :

Signed: EmJayyy

27/04/2021

rrretsuko May 2nd, 2021

@Heather

I, rrretsuko, pledge :

Signed: rrretsuko

5/1/2021

theriverissinging May 26th, 2021

@Heather

I, theriverissinging, pledge :

To respect other users' decision to mute, and never disrespect their boundaries by relaying messaeges.

Lemur85 June 19th, 2021

@Heather

I, XX, pledge :

Signed: Lemur85

06/19/2021

ve3ciel June 27th, 2021

I, Vee, pledge :

Signed: vee

hopefulJoy77 August 1st, 2021

September 1st, 2021

I, Nerdtastic, pledge:

Signed: [Nerdtastic]

09/01/2021

HealingBrokenWIngs September 14th, 2021

@Heather

I, Healing, pledge :

Signed: @HealingBrokenWIngs

13/09/2021

cheerfulIceCream November 22nd, 2021

I, cheerfulIceCream, pledge :

Signed: cheerfulIceCream

Kieran000 April 27th, 2022

@Heather

I, kieran000, pledge :

Signed: kieran000

27/04/22

Loveyourfate May 2nd, 2022

I love your fate pledge.

To follow the chat room rules and to lead by example at all times.

To not in interact correctly with someone engaging in hurtful behaviors in the support room and encourage others to follow my lead.

To report harmful behaviors whenever I see them in the support room ,whether they be distracted to myself or fellow members.

To understand that muting and ignoring are the most powerful weapons against those who aim to cause distress and harm, and to remind others of the same.

To use my mute button whenever necessary ,to disempower those who aim to cause harm and to protect myself.

To respect other users decision to mute, and to never disrespect their boundaries by replying messages.

Signed love your fate.

amiableVision1813 May 6th, 2022

I, amiableVision1813, pledge :

Signed: amiableVision1813

6/5/2022

HopefulAurorX May 12th, 2022

@Heather

I, Aurora, pledge:

To not interact directly with anyone engaging in hurtful behaviors in the support room and encourage others to follow my lead.

To report harmful behaviors whenever I see them in the support room, whether they be directed at myself or a fellow member.

Signed: HopefulAurorX

05/11/22

FrenchMarbles June 17th, 2022

This came on my app, this was yeaaars ago haha!

July 20th, 2022

Signed: goals for life

levitatingLevi July 20th, 2022

@Heather

I, Archer, pledge:

To report harmful behaviours whenever I see them in the support room, whether they be directed at myself or another member.

To respect other users’ decisions to mute, and never disrespect their boundaries by relaying messages.

Signed: ForestArcher

Date: 21/07/2022

AiRV002 August 13th, 2022

I, AiRV002, pledge :

Signed: AiRV002

14/08/2022

September 22nd, 2022

I, Goals for life

To respect other users' decision to mute, and never disrespect their boundaries by relaying

goals for life

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 25th, 2022

hello-hi.gif

dtanushree September 27th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

whats-up-buttercup-the-mandalorian.gif

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 27th, 2022

@dtanushreeso-cute.gif

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

shy-cute.gif

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 27th, 2022

@dtanushree lolol whaaaat 🤣😭🤣

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Whattt?? Nothing 🙈🙈 Booped you hahahaha 💕💕💕

November 19th, 2022

I Bluedophin12

Signed: Bluedophin12

CalmRosebud November 27th, 2022

@Heather

I, Rose, pledge :

Signed: CalmRosebud

11/27/2022

Daf8 January 28th, 2023

❤️ I, Daf8, pledge: ❤️

❤️ To follow the chat room rules and lead by example at all times. ❤️

❤️ To not interact directly with anyone engaging in hurtful behaviours in the support room and encourage others to follow my lead. ❤️

❤️ To report harmful behaviours whenever I see them in the support room, whether they be directed at myself or a fellow member. ❤️

❤️ To understand that muting and ignoring are my most powerful weapons against those who aim to cause distress and harm and to remind others of the same. ❤️

❤️ To use my mute button whenever necessary, to disempower those who aim to cause harm and to protect myself. ❤️

❤️ To respect other users' decision to mute and never disrespect their boundaries by relaying messages. ❤️

❤️Signed: Daf8 ❤️

❤️ 28/1/2023 ❤️

LittleSodo May 13th

Thanks for this Heather