Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Support Prompt #1: What role can empathy play in fostering a supportive group environment?

ASilentObserver September 13th, 2023

Hello everyone, I hope we are doing well and taking it easy this week.

Today I am initiating a weekly prompt series to reflect on and share our group support experiences and learn from them. Group support is a significant part of 7Cups and every day hundreds of members join various group chats to share their experiences and emotions while listening and supporting each other. I heard from many members how group support helped and comforted them in moments of distress and struggle. So starting with this week's prompt for our thoughts!

What role can empathy play in fostering a supportive group environment?

Empathy is a significant element of listening and making someone feel heard, seen, and comforted during struggles and challenges. But, what were your experiences with empathy? How do you practice? any challenges? Let's get started and share our thoughts and experiences. I hope as we discuss and progress, we will learn better to support each other in the group chats and bring more comfort and support for everyone!

If you haven't joined a group chat yet, try today!

friends-hug.gif

Tinywhisper11 September 13th, 2023

@ASilentObserver I have been in each chat room many times now. So many great people to bond with, everyone listens and suports each other. The chat rooms has taught me soooo much. Empathy is so strong in theese rooms. It makes you feel like one big family ❤

ASilentObserver OP September 14th, 2023

@Tinywhisper11 It's wonderful to hear how supportive and caring the chat rooms have been for you. The sense of empathy and feeling like part of a family are both very powerful experiences. I'm glad you are here with us and you feel understood.

Please do tag your friends and invite them to share their thoughts and experiences! It would be good to hear and discuss with everyone <3

GoldenRuleJG September 15th, 2023

You bring a bubbly presence to the rooms whisper - :) ☺️