Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is the "Community Leader" Badge?

Heather225 May 24th, 2023

Hi, everyone! If you’ve spent time in the rooms, you’ve likely seen some users with a Community Leader role listed under their names. A lot of you have asked what criteria are tied to this. We created the CL badge to act as an umbrella for all group chat badges that used to be visible in the rooms. Fewer badges displaying also reduces the loading rate of a message sent by a user with, for example, 2 or more badges appearing in the room.

The CL badge is auto-awarded. Here is the document listing all roles that fall under it. The idea of manual badging has been suggested. However, with all the other significant tech changes in the pipeline, we’re not at a point to consider it. Again, the CL role was invented to cover the groups domain in terms of relevancy, since it’s exclusive to supporting rooms. Sorry, it took us a bit to get to clarifying this. We hope this clears up all confusion!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou May 24th, 2023

@Heather225

This one definitely needed a clarification post for many people, specially those new to the community! Thanks for the explanation, H!❤

May 24th, 2023

@Heather225

Thank you for this post, it was very needed.

OakSerenity May 24th, 2023

@Heather225 thank you for clarifying this! 😊

zaatarHoney May 24th, 2023

@Heather225

Thank you for clarifying!! I've yet to see the update but this makes total sense. ♥︎

May 25th, 2023

@Heather225

Thanks for the post. Very much needed 😊

AffyAvo May 25th, 2023

@Heather225 Moderator badge is a separate one too, correct?

May 25th, 2023

@AffyAvo

Correct!

ASilentBunny May 26th, 2023

@Heather225 Thank you for the post and the clarification, I bet it will help a lot the members who join in our community

Optimisticempath May 27th, 2023

I wondered also 😄 thanks @Heather225 💕

audienta June 1st, 2023

@Heather225

What does "xyz Support" mean? Like, what badges fall under this term?

Heather225 OP June 1st, 2023

@audienta

I may have missed something in a doc - where are you seeing this?

audienta June 2nd, 2023

@Heather225

My question wasn't phrased well, sorry. I mean "Anxiety Support", "Depression Support", "LGBT Support", etc. Which roles fall under this?