Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Love the 7 Cups platform, BUT...

blueAngel00 June 9th, 2023

I can never seem to find anything that will take me to where I want to go. Is there a site map that shows all groups, communities, sub-communities, different academy program threads and forums and anything and everything else available here? If not, is there a trick to navigating this site that I haven't caught on to? Cuz I'm usually REALLY good at figuring out technology and the like, but totally lost here....

Thanks in advance. 🌹

🐻

AffyAvo June 9th, 2023

@blueAngel00

As far as I know, not really.

https://www.7cups.com/forum/ is the best place to look for communities. I think many people are not realizing how it works, you need to click through the different groups of communities (ie newbies, fun, health & wellness, etc.) to see each community. Those groupings are just used as a way to organize the communities

What we used to call sub-communities are now just communities, but many people and areas on the site are still using the old term. Communities do have topics. You need to be on an individual community page to see the topic. So for something like OCD, as far as I know it's not easy to see there is a topic for that unless someone was already in the support plus community. Doing a forum search would probably be the easiest way to find where to post for that (or asking someone who is already familiar with the forums).

Group chat rooms, there used to be a list for all the member rooms, but I am not aware of one now. @SirenofSerenity maybe you know of something I don't know about?

blueAngel00 OP June 9th, 2023

@AffyAvothank you for the information and reply! I've been here since November, and just foud out there is a community (or maybe forum? Still trying to get down what's considered what, but I think I'm getting there. Might be slowly, but it's surely!) πŸ˜‰ for trauma and even one for one's inner child.

My guy calls me nosy, which very well may be true, but I like to think of it as wanting to at least have informative information, particularly when I'm uninformed. 😁

In all honesty though, it would be nice to know which topics are available. And the way I usually get around in here is by clicking on things in my notifications. Gawd, that almost drips with pathetic-ism, (is that a word?) doesn't it? 😏

In any case, your comments helped a lot, so again, thank you so very much! 🌹

🐻

AffyAvo June 9th, 2023

@blueAngel00 You're welcome! I am hoping some changes will come to make this all a bit less confusing.

Communities - are supposed to be more than just forum threads. It would include related chatrooms, the Q&A pages, etc. So Trauma support is a community and includes a popup chatroom and has 14 forum topics like PTSD & Complex Trauma.

I agree, it would be nice to have a list of each community and all of the topics within, as it would be easier to find what topics are offered in the forums!

blueAngel00 OP June 10th, 2023

@AffyAvoyes, you hit the bullseye. Because I can sure use that Inner Child forum. And even though my life's been crazily chaotic, and I haven't been able to do much of anything here, it would still be nice to know what's available when I AM able to utilize it. And I know from personal experience that new incoming people would be much more apt to stick around. And be more tolerant when things weren't going smoothly. An example being if they were unable to connect successfully with a listener, being able to look to see if there was a group or forum or chat or anything regarding the topic they needed to discuss would give a far better chance of keeping them here. As it is, this platform can be extremely frustrating for new people.

I sure wish I had some extra time. I would research the heck outta this place and submit a breakdown listed by category and then everything else alphabetically under the associated category on a page, or two, or however many. Then if the Powers That Be didn't want to put it on the website for whatever reason, I'd keep it for myself and give them away to anyone who wanted one! 😁

Great in theory, unknown in practice. πŸ˜‚

Well, my dear, I need to go try and find the threads I need in the academy. It was very nice typing (?) with you though!

Wish me luck, 'll probably need it, although a few mentors snt me some links and the acceptance email has all the links I need (I think).

Anyway, have a great one! 🌹 And thanks again!

🐻

7motivation June 10th, 2023

@blueAngel00

One trick to Forum-navigating is to click the [Forum] button

Then click each category button below the [My Communities] button

Then you'll see selection options buttons below [My communities]

so you can click the select button for each you want to join listed below.

[Newbies]

• 7 Cups Online Therapy
  • General Support
  • Newbie Hub

[Fun]

• Around the World
  • Arts & Crafts
  • Hobby Zone
  • Icebreakers and Games
  • Music & Dance
  • Poetry
  • Positivity & Gratitude
  • Reading & Writing
  • TV & Movies

[Health & Wellbeing]

• Motivation & Accountability
  • Community Challenges
  • Gateway to Growth Paths
  • Healthy Living
  • Journals & Diaries
  • Mindfulness Center
  • Parenting & Pregnancy
  • Women's Issues

[Topics]

• ADHD
  • Addiction Support
  • Alcohol & Drug Addiction Support
  • Anxiety Support
  • Autism
  • Bipolar, Schizophrenia & Psychosis Support
  • Depression Support
  • Disability Support
  • Eating Disorder Support
  • Friendship Support
  • Grief & Loss
  • Personality Disorders Support
  • Relationship Stress
  • Self-Harm Recovery
  • Support Plus
  • Trauma Support
  • Work & Career

[7 Cups]

• 7 Cups Academy
  • 7 Cups Internship
  • 7 Cups Leadership
  • Aging Up Support
  • Community Projects & Events
  • Content Volunteer Team
  • Group Leadership & Development
  • Group Support
  • Leadership Development Program
  • Listener Learning & Journey
  • Quality Listening Program
  • Safety & Knowledge at 7 Cups
  • Site Updates
  • Translation Projects

[Peer Groups]

20 & Over Community
35 & Over Community50 & Over CommunityFamily & CaregiversLGBTQ+ / MOGII SupportStudent SupportYoung People of Color

7motivation June 10th, 2023

@blueAngel00

Also, to see the above,
plus all other main things to do at 7Cups,
you can use this link: