Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Support Prompt #5: Elements of Yalom Group Therapy- Self Disclosure

ASilentObserver December 27th, 2023

Hello everyone to Group Support Prompts Discussion! I hope you are all being easy on yourself & reaching out to group chats to get support this week.

Last week we discussed: Elements of Yalom Group Therapy- Here & Now Experiences!. Thank you to all who participated and shared their thoughts for discussion. I enjoyed them. I hope you all did too. If you didn't share yours, please share them here and I look forward to reading and discussing them with you.

Yalom's emphasis on self-disclosure within group therapy sparks an interesting conversation: How comfortable are we sharing our vulnerabilities with others, and how can it truly shape our connections and self-understanding? 

This week's prompt: What are some personal boundaries you navigate when considering self-disclosure? Are there certain topics you would never share in a group, and if so, why?

Take a moment to reflect on it and share your experiences. I look forward to hearing and discussing with you all!

Join the Group Chats today! 

healthy-boundaries-lead-to-healthy-mindsets-leaf.gif

KatePersephone December 27th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

What are some personal boundaries you navigate when considering self-disclosure?

I only share as much as I want to share. If I don't wish to further disclose something, I won't, no matter how much someone else may want me to. 

ASilentObserver OP December 28th, 2023

@KateDoskocilova It is understandable to maintain appropriate boundaries and control over personal disclosure. What kinds of feelings come up for you when considering how much to share with others? 

KatePersephone December 28th, 2023

@ASilentObserver What kinds of feelings come up for you when considering how much to share with others? 

To be honest, I feel just fine. I expect of them to respect that, and if they do not, then that is something that they should deal with, not me. I am not responsible for how someone else will respond, and most definitely not going to push my boundaries for their sake.