Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What did you learn from a Cups Friend...

CommunityModKay October 29th, 2023

Hi everyone! I am so excited to be making this post. Being a community moderator, I have seen a lot of friendships blossom and flourish on 7 Cups. In honor of all the camaraderie I've seen, I wanted to invite you all to share something you've learned from a peer/friend/acquaintance on 7 Cups.

To start us off...I will appreciate a fellow commod, @CommunityModIris. I have learned how to be compassionate, how to be understanding, and how to invent fun new games from Iris. I hope to continue learning and being a fun 'commod.'

Please share and tag below who you have learned from (make sure they're from 7 Cups 👀). And feel free to tag more than one person! I look forward to seeing everyone's replies! 🥰

DarkerPlaces October 29th, 2023

This is an awesum post iv learned lots from lots ppl but i learned about a lot of good songs n music from @Bunnylovesyou

CommunityModKay OP October 29th, 2023

@DarkerPlaces I love that! @BunnyLovesYou definitely has the best cookies and best songs 👀

Bunnylovesyou October 29th, 2023

@Darkerplaces

3....2....1...we came to (redacted) 😂😂

DarkerPlaces October 29th, 2023

🤣🤣🤣

ReverseRyan October 29th, 2023

How to read

CommunityModKay OP October 29th, 2023

@ReverseRyan That's awesome, kudos to whoever taught you that :)

ReverseRyan October 29th, 2023

@CommunityModKay I didn't know how to read before and now I know how to read

AvyIsKing October 29th, 2023

@darkerplaces for teaching me about memes and eminem 

@communitymodiris for all the book recommendations and for teaching me to embrace the nerd

@astreauss for showing me how to love myself

@sneakysnakeboi for everything I know about gay broadway and art

@iamspoons for teaching me just to be me

@echothedragon for teaching me about chaos and warrior cats

@nebulacreation for teaching me how to have a big brother. I miss you

@emotionslistener for teaching me everything I know about the rainbow team

and last but not least, @communitymodkay for teaching me about shoes, and how to create my l

CommunityModKay OP October 31st, 2023

@AvyIsKing What a wonderful list 👀

LoveMyMoonflowers October 31st, 2023

@CommunityModKay

definitely :P

LoveMyMoonflowers October 31st, 2023

@CommunityModKay ~ for teaching me that mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell. 

@DarkerPlaces ~ for teaching me a lot about hamsters 🐹 and snakes 🐍 and crocodiles 🐊 hehe

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou ~ i've learnt a lot from sun buddy 💗 including a lot about life and mental health. and free salon sesh's. and the importance of koala-huggles 🐨🤗

@Tinywhisper11 ~ for teaching me a lot about pumpkin month 🎃 

@AvyIsKing ~ for teaching the art of making an amazing bio :P

Sunisshiningandsoareyou November 1st, 2023

@LoveMyMoonflowers

Omigoosh Niibuddy, you just invited another salon sesh lol! 🥺 Why sooooo sweet and how you so consistent at being soooo sweeet. Im legit out of words smh, you da bestest and have inspired me with so much too, from having the most heart-touching things to say in the most genuine manner to teaching me the bestest math in the universe and everything adorable in between. 😭💗

Yussss koalahuggles and free salon sesh's are the important things in life, everyone needs to know hehe! 😭💗 

🤗🐨*koalahugglessss Niibuddyyy*🐨🤗

LoveMyMoonflowers November 2nd, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

sun buddy we don’t do free salon seshs alone 🥺😭🤧 *joins youuuu and koala-huggles you tightttt* 💙

Sunisshiningandsoareyou November 2nd, 2023

@LoveMyMoonflowers yusss🥺 *keeps hugginggg*🤗💗

CommunityModKay OP November 4th, 2023

@LoveMyMoonflowers mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell 😜

LoveMyMoonflowers November 4th, 2023

@CommunityModKay

yes 🥺 i remind myself everyday 🥺💕

SomebodySpicy13 November 1st, 2023

@Lou73 - For helping me to learn to be more compassionate

@MistyMagic - teaching me now to use my hobbies positively, how to be a good forum supporter and how to lead fun discussions in chatrooms

@emotionalTalker2260 - teaching me it's okay to be myself, even if it isn't what society expects 

@Georginahowe - teaching me how to be a better friend 

emotionalTalker2260 November 1st, 2023

@SomebodySpicy13

awww chilli 🥺🤧🤧 you a sweetie pie. Love ya lots my dear friend! And yes :p it’s okay to not be normal. Normal is boring anyways 😀

Lou73 November 2nd, 2023

@SomebodySpicy13

This is so sweet Spicy! Thank you so much for this and for being such a kind and wonderful person 🤗😊🌶🦋

Georginahowe November 1st, 2023

@somebodyspicy for letting me no people are there when need someone to talk to and how to cope with my emotions 

@hawaii968 for relating to me and understanding problems 

emotionalTalker2260 November 1st, 2023

I wanna thank @TrickyRicky for being so patient and constantly dealing with my trash (: you stronk bro 💪

Fradiga November 1st, 2023

I've have learned generally from everyone I spoke to, particularly social trends and what makes life experiences of one or the other so different. One learns to show interest in anything others tell you.... I repeat: INTEREST, not approbation necessarily.

generousFig1948 November 1st, 2023

I love 7cups it great its help me out a lot 😍💜👍

CallumKing2000 November 2nd, 2023

What friends? I only look out for no.1 🤷‍♂️

Miki996 November 2nd, 2023

@CommunityModKayDefinitely that you can feel more comfortable to speak up and that your past isnt something that should define you  forever,you don't need to speak much and they will understand it perfectly and will reach to check on you ,and very important is they are very supportive!

Comphi November 2nd, 2023

@CommunityModKay

thats its easy make friends with unknown people than the known ones. 😃

generousFig1948 November 2nd, 2023

Its always good to make new friends 😊

VioletNotes November 7th, 2023

From @CommunityModKay I've learned how to have a good time, and how to make chunky soup! 

@CommunityModIris has taught me lots too... Like how to be articulate, calm, and prepared for anything! Also how to throw good dance parties, which I think is just as important.

@ThatChristLover Although our conversations didn't last long, I learned a lot about resiliency from you, Flora. Thank you for showing me the capacity that people have to keep going, keep trying, keep trying to be better despite everything going on in life.

@lavendarLake2009 Aliyahhh ♡ฅ⁠^⁠•⁠ﻌ⁠•⁠^⁠ฅ♡ You've taught me more than I could ever say. We are very different people, and I love that. Every conversation with you is enlightening; your energy and ability to make people laugh is amazing.

@BirdKing449 You've taught me that despite distance and time apart, it is always possible to be a good friend. The compassion you show to everyone, and the time you take to listen to others is something that I admire. 

@selflessSpruce1515 We haven't talked for 180+ days according to my profile! That's definitely too long; I hope oldie land treats you well. Our conversations might have seemed small, but they stuck with me because of your bright personality. Your positivity and general outlook on life amazed me and continues to inspire me. This was a very valuable thing to learn.

@TabbyCat97 I wrote an appreciation for you once, and said that there would never be enough words to describe how grateful I am to you and for everything you've done. Here is what I've learned: Life is hard, messy and unpredictable. Sometimes things won't be ideal, and maybe none of it will make sense. But there is still value in trying, and value in being compassionate to others while everyone figures it out, whether that be individually or together.

@DarkerPlaces This might seem random :P but I really appreciate every opportunity we get to talk. I know it's not often, but I've definitely learned about the value of jokes and light-hearted conversation in hard times from you.

@Tobedoctor You recommended a book to me with a main character named Violet. I feel like from my experience with this book, and from you, I've learned a lot! It might seem weird that a book was such a large part of that - but I saw deeper meaning there, and appreciated getting to know you vicariously. It's taught me about people and that there is always more than you think below the surface.

@Erica I still remember wayyy back when you taught me emoticons! Specifically this devil one 3:) (because I think we're both secretly rebels). I still use it sometimes and think of you.

@FaithfulZareia First you taught me many valuable study techniques! I still use them (when I can manage to put down my devices long enough - I'm still working on it). Also, though, you've taught me that everyone is on their own journey, and everyone needs space and time to figure things out. There's hope for things to improve, even though that might take a lot of work or time.

@Amy Cookies are the best, and everyone knows it. That was the first lesson I picked up, but also I learned that it's important to be genuine and to speak up. 

I would list everyone I've ever met here on cups if I could, but that's a lot of people. Learning something from everyone you meet is the best thing, and it's why I love listening here (and in general, in life). Yeah, listening is important for other people so that they can feel heard, but every minute that I'm listening is just as beneficial for me. I will never forget this experience, even though I don't do much of my listening on 7cups anymore! ♡ฅ⁠^⁠•⁠ﻌ⁠•⁠^⁠ฅ♡ thank you

selflessSpruce1515 November 18th, 2023

@VioletNotes

*hugssss* Violettttttt 💖 omg i miss you so much, my dearest friendsie! me appreciates you so much, and although i havent slid into your pms for a long time since i aged up, i still remember the kindness, empathy, and most notably your listening ear. i am forever grateful that i met you, and i hope that everything in your life is going okie, and if not, that it will be okie because you deserve it ❤️ you are such a bright soul and i will never forget you 🥺💖

CalmRosebud November 8th, 2023

From @iampapaya, I learned “quality, not quantity.”

From @Lou73, I learned “flexibility and tolerance.”

From @VioletWater, I learned, “Be yourself.”

From @neonblueberry1843, I learned, “love.”

I learned many other things from many here. I will have to come back to this thread.

Love and Courage,

Rose

CalmRosebud November 8th, 2023

Retagging @neonBlueberry1843

@CommunityModKay

What you are looking for is often within your reach.

exuberantAvocado3804 November 12th, 2023

A LifeRing zoom meeting

Selfloveisimportant April 29th

@CommunityModKay   Would love to get this back going!!! So imma tag some people. 

I will firstly like to thank 

@MrKingJulian I love that you taught me how to be goofy. 

@Maxiepooh You taught me how to smile on my darkest days and I love you for that/p 

@Wonderwhisper  (I don't know were u went ) I would like to thank u for always being there for me and helping me love myself! 

(Theres more I cant remember rn.)

Maxiepooh April 29th

@Maeeeeebae999 awww maeeee thats so sweet <3 i love you too, you're amazing (: /p

blitheSun94 July 4th

@CommunityModKay

I adore @EmotionsListener and @Jenna! They have taught me so much. 📖💞

@EmotionsListener has taught me how much a community can flourish when you really dedicate yourself to creating a beautiful, safe, and engaging space for special interest populations. We laugh, and maybe even cry together, and I am so grateful!

@Jenna is an excellent and knowledgeable leader who has taught me what it means to have a good friend here on 7 Cups. We share common interest and hardships alike. 

✨Can't imagine my 7 Cups journey being the same without these two beautiful souls! ✨