Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Announcing.... 2023 Mental Health Awareness Group Support Event

ASilentObserver April 26th, 2023

➡️ Second Week (May 08-14) Member Group Chats Event Schedule here!

➡️ First Week (May 01-07) Member Group Chats Event Schedule here

Hello everyone, I hope you are all having an easy week.

As you may know, May is Mental Health Awareness Month and an opportunity for all of us to come together and share our experiences, learn from each other, empower each other, and promote mental health as a part of our overall well-being.

Throughout the month from May 01-May 28, Group Support will be organizing and hosting guided discussions on different mental health topics to foster an open conversation. These events will be happening for both members and listeners. It takes courage to share and talk about one’s challenges and it may not be easier but we invite you to join us, take your small steps to share and discuss, or simply observe the discussion and share only when feel comfortable. Please know you are not alone and we are all here with you to listen to and support.

We also invite all room supporters, chatroom moderators, global moderators, chatroom mentors, peer supporters, chat supporters, and hosts who are interested to facilitate and host these guided discussions to help us bring more discussions across different time blocks. Here is the signup sheet to pick a discussion topic, date, and time. All support sessions will take place in the Special Events Group Chat for members and Listener Sharing Circle for listeners.

I will post the MHAM event schedule once the hosts and discussion topics are finalized.

If you have any questions about signups or topics to host, please feel free to send me a message at @ASilentObserver (7cups.com/@asilentobserver)

Let’s join and participate in conversation with the community.

mental-health-awareness-mental-health-action-day.gif
goldytheelf April 26th, 2023

You too thank you

April 26th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Checked out the signup sheet. Question: Will scripts be provided for those who sign up for listener group chat sessions? Or what do those sessions look like, as they seem to be guided discussion topics, not open chat? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

beck1 April 27th, 2023

@richuyulin I would also like to know if there will be a script 😊

ASilentObserver OP May 1st, 2023

@richuyulin Yes you are right, rich. They are guided discussions and the script will be added to the sign up sheet

May 1st, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Awesome. Thanks for answering my question. 😃

masterekat April 26th, 2023

This is so exciting! I had been really missing guided discussions as I dipped in and out of the various chat rooms over the past few days.

azuladragon34 April 26th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

I have signed up for the discussions I want to host. Will there be scripts provided as they look like guided discussion topics.

zaatarHoney April 26th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

screen-shot-2023-04-26-at-1-53-07-am_1682488429.png

I can't wait. MHM was one of the best collab months of all time. 🥹 Shout out, @Tazzie, rest in eternal peace.

Side Note: If anyone saw a topic they are incredibly passionate about that I've taken as a host or co-host and you would really love to be able to do it, and/or you don't prefer a co-host or have one in mind, please reach out to me and we can bring about peaceful resolution easily. ♥︎ Let's all have an amazing month of collaboration this May!

Side-Side Note: (lol) If you'd like to collaborate with me on a topic I'm not signed up on, also please let me know! ♥︎ Because if I have the mental bandwidth, time and space - yes.

April 27th, 2023

@zaatarHoney Love the graphic used!! 💜

zaatarHoney April 27th, 2023

@richuyulin

Thank youu🥰 it felt like a good fit for Mental Health May. Keke~ 🥰

Sunisshiningandsoareyou April 26th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Yay this is exciting! Hoping May treats everyone better!❤

Big yay to everyone signing up to host sessions!🥳

SparkyGizmo April 26th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Hi Obs! 😊❤️ Thank you for this great forum post as well as the inception of this program in honor of Mental Health Awareness month. What a fantastic idea!

Thank you for doing even more to foster open conversations and encouraging dialogue between us all. Thank you for doing your part to help lift the stigma that some may feel in relation to mental health. I'm glad that you acknowledge that it takes courage to share. I too acknowledge that in others. ❤️ Letting others know that it's okay, to not feel okay, sending the message that none of us have to do this alone and that this is the right place to open up if needed sends a powerful message to everyone. If not here, then where? This is the right place to do so!

*high fives* 😊 and *hugs* ❤️

Emerbliss April 26th, 2023

Whoa this is wonderful!! Hope May treats all of us with plenty of smiles and laughter 💓 Thank you for sharing the news with us . *Encourages and thanks everyone who signed up!!* High fives to everyone I will get to meet!!

April 27th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Wow this is so interesting!! 😆😆

ASilentBunny April 27th, 2023

@ASilentObserver Thank you for the amazing post Obs!

masterekat May 16th, 2023

Is there anything going on the third week aside from the Depression session tonight?