Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Room update - Follow up

November 6th, 2019

As many of you are aware, there are some changes coming regarding our rooms that were announced here. I know that many of you will have tons of questions and things you dont understand. I want you to know we are here to help with the transition and will be available to answer any questions you have.

So, what does this mean for our Support teams?
Nothing else changes! While some rooms may be open only for discussions, we want our team mods to open these rooms whenever they feel they can be there and look after it by keeping it safe and supportive. If you as a team would like to come up with ways to have your room open more often we would absolutely love that! The aim is not to have less time for support but to increase the quality of the support we can provide and ensure our members are safe when they enter our chatrooms. This is where we need your help. Open your rooms, and support your community in what we hope will be a much safer environment.

Support Team Leaders:
With this change we will be moving all support sessions back into your rooms. That means anyone on your team can lead any of your approved sessions in your room. We will still keep mix and match incase any room supporters would like to lead and dont have a mod or in case anyone wants to lead once off discussions for teams they cannot fully commit to. This is good news! Id like to thank you all for the hard work auditing and strengthening our content.

Mods and support team leaders:

Go out and do what you do! You are allowed to open the rooms you moderate any time you feel like and for as long as you can be there! We do ask that you put up a banner and reset it once it expires for the entire time you are there. This is so that we can track who is active and what rooms may need more help.

Community mods:

Community mods will be more safety focused. More info coming soon but we will see community mods be more focused on our 24/7 rooms and allow volunteers to do their thing in the topic based support rooms. They may from time to time open rooms who do not have as many mods and resources however their focus will be on keeping the 24/7 rooms safe and supportive and dealing with safety issues as they come up.

If you are a regular of a particular community and are interested in helping out, we would love to have you! Apply to be a room supporter here. After 2 weeks you can apply to be a moderator here and open the room whenever you are available!

I understand that this is a lot to process. I think that this is an opportunity for us to increase quality and provide a community space that is safe and one that members can rely on. I am excited to see the amazing work I know our volunteer leaders will do. If you have any questions please feel free to post below or reach out to me.

Split94 December 14th, 2019

I think I got banned from the group chatrooms. I was hoping to come back. I am terribly sorry. I need the group chat support so much. I promise to not ruin it again.