Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Room Supporter: Updated Requirements and Application

ASilentObserver May 13th, 2021

Hi everyone, I hope you are doing well. I am glad to announce that we are making some changes to the requirements to become Room Supporter!

What is a Room Supporter?

Room Supporter is one of the key roles in the Group Support Chatroom. This role focuses on providing quality listening and support to community members in the group chat rooms. Room Supporters foster healthy and supportive conversations in the chat rooms to ensure everyone entering the room feels welcomed, empathized, validated, comfortable, and included in the group. This role is suited for both members and listeners because our members are also amazing and supportive listeners in the chat rooms to provide support to each other.

How do I become a Room Supporter?

Step 1. Requirements to Become a Room Supporter

A. For a LISTENER, Check your profile to make sure you meet the following requirements:

• No “Newbie” badge i.e. being a listener for 4+ weeks
  • Have 2+ Group Support Chats**

B. For a MEMBER, Check your profile to make sure you meet the following requirements:

• No “Newbie” badge i.e. being a member for 4+ weeks
  • Have the “Supportive Smile” badge
  • Complete the “Compassion Course

** If you cannot see the Group Support Chat rooms, please ensure you have Checked out the new criteria required to unlock the rooms.

**Listener Reputation (listener badges, cheers, and compassion hearts)

**Member Reputation (member badges, growth points, and compassion hearts)

Step 2:
If you have met the above requirements, fill out the Application Form. It takes 2-3 working days to review the application. On a successful application, you will receive the training invitation to complete it. Please note, while you wait to hear back on your application, continue participating in the chatroom & supporting the community. It will help you to become a wonderful room supporter.

Step 3:
Once you are contacted by a Group Support Leader with the training invitation, please read the guides carefully and complete the training.

Step 4:
If you passed the training, you will be listed as a “Room Supporter” on the leader board of focused sub-communities. You will be notified 1-1 by the Group Support Leader.

Step 5:
Visit your focused chat rooms and get to know your community members and start supporting them.

Once you are a Room Supporter for at least a month & if you meet the other requirements, you can then apply to become a Chatroom Moderator! Please check out this thread for more information on this exciting opportunity.

Who would be a good fit for this role?

It is suitable for both members and listeners who are...

• Compassionate, Kind, Welcoming, Non-judgmental, and Open-minded
  • Willing to make a difference in someone’s day through group listening and support
  • Willing to collaborate, cooperate and communicate with other team members
  • Acknowledge and validate their individual needs as well as the needs of the participants in the chatroom

Role and Expectations of a Room Supporter

• To proactively participate in community building with members, listeners, and moderators
  • To create a compassionate, supportive, safe environment in the group chat room
  • To foster healthy & supportive conversations in the chatroom. To do this, a room supporter could host:
  • Check-ins in the focused group chat rooms
  • Host/ Co-host at least 1 hour per team you apply to support (maximum of 2 teams)
  • To support members in the chat room through active group listening.
  • To communicate, collaborate, and cooperate with team members and the community
  • To brainstorm ideas, suggestions to problem solve a challenge, and concerns with the group support team and community

Thanks for all your help, and we look forward to hearing from you!

(Updated by ASilentObserver on 07/20/2023)

Alexia000 May 13th, 2021

@ASilentObserver i will def become an rs!

ASilentObserver OP May 13th, 2021

@lextheghost Amazing, Lex. I look forward to seeing you into this role. Red heart

Heelsbby32 May 13th, 2021

Thanks for the instructions :)

@Heelsbby32 Thank you for checking up Heelsbby Red heart #1 I appreciate it Red heart #2

Heelsbby32 May 14th, 2021

@ASilentObserver Your welcome <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

insideAnewLife12 May 13th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

I'm applying! Wish me luck. <3

@insideAnewLife12 Amazing. Life. I appreciate your support. I look forward to seeing you in this role Red heart

InquireWithin May 13th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Working on this today. :)

ASilentObserver OP May 14th, 2021

@InquireWithin I look forward to having you inquire Red heart

BellaHealy2010 May 13th, 2021

I am going to work toward this & thank you for the post! Hope to do my best

ASilentObserver OP May 14th, 2021

@BellaHealy2010 awesome Bella. I look forward to seeing you as room supporter. We are here with you to guide and support

fhsaeed7938 May 14th, 2021

Amazing

Banjothebudgie May 15th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

I just applied yay!

Derekfan7695 May 30th, 2021

I am interested 😀

Heelsbby32 June 3rd, 2021

@Derekfan7695 Good Luck

Sunisshiningandsoareyou June 8th, 2021

@ASilentObserver thankyou for the update, I do believe VL badge was a needed requirement so that listeners gain more experience in the community too , but I guess no newbie badge was thought into it .
Also it would be great to link this updated post in the "Resources " section for group support roles and requirements . 😊

AMomentInTime1830 July 21st, 2021

Thanks so much for tips and instructions on how to join!! I look forward to it☺️

Celestia6105 July 27th, 2021

@ASilentObserver Looking forward to apply when I complete a month 😀💖

Matteo2020 August 16th, 2021

HAve applied to become a room supporter

AMomentInTime1830 August 16th, 2021

Thank you so much for the invitation, I feel honored:). This is just another step towards my goals as a listener, and becoming the best support I can be for others.
Off to fill out the application,... thanks again🥰

11820Read August 17th, 2021

Are there required working time for this role? For instance, do they need to participate in a chat room let's say once a week?

Banjothebudgie August 18th, 2021

@11820Read
Yes read, when I was a RS I believ you had to send 50 messages in a chatroom (over a month)

TieuVy December 17th, 2021

Thanks a lot for the instructions.

Banjothebudgie December 27th, 2021

@TieuVy

good to hear

April 25th, 2022

I have to wait until I loose my newbie badge before I can apply. Can not wait.

Crystalboy4 June 22nd, 2022

I hope that I can become a room supporter!

ASilentObserver OP June 23rd, 2022

@BookishBlue13 sure book, please apply. I am sure you will be a wonderful room supporter.

Heartsandrosesandpaws December 31st, 2022

Will, apply for rs soon

calmMango9611 January 22nd, 2023

@harmonyLearninghope We would be glad to have you.

We welcome you with open arms, should you be approved as a room supporter.

Which, I already have seen you already as a room supporter, in a few of the rooms.

Welcome to the team, my friend.

Way to go hope.

Ya!! hope😂

purpleSea7109 January 21st, 2023

Thanks for help and support. XX

calmMango9611 January 22nd, 2023

@purpleSea7109 Glad to know, that the room support program has helped you.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Angelofheaven20 February 8th, 2023

I am definitely applying for it

Sunisshiningandsoareyou February 10th, 2023

You'll be great at it, @Angelofheaven20, good wishes!🐼

Dallady February 10th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

How does one achieve the 'Supportive Smile' badge?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou February 10th, 2023

Hey @Dallady, it is an automated badge, for completing 50 group chats and earning 150 compassion hearts.

You can learn more about badges and compassion hearts here: https://www.7cups.com/about/memberReputation.php

You already have the said badge on your profile, so yay!❤

NeurospicyGirl August 16th, 2023

I hope I can become a room supporter ☺️ I think I accidentally applied twice

ASilentObserver OP August 17th, 2023

@SomebodySpicy Thank you for applying. I will review and let you know

NeurospicyGirl August 17th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Thankyou. I will eagerly await your reply 🩷

mytwistedsoul October 26th, 2023

@ASilentObserver Hey :) I had a couple of questions about being a room supporter

First is - If you're a member and become a room supporter are you always on duty as a room supporter? What if you as a member would like or need support for something? Are you still able to receive support in the rooms?

Second - is training when I have free time or do I have to do it at a set time and by a set time? 

Thank you

Antonio7Cups November 19th, 2023

@ASilentObserver 

Woo Hoo!!!, the adventure begins for me. I am joining this wonderful role, I have already applied :)

woo-hoo.gif