Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Reintroducing Mega Members - A Leadership Opportunity For Members! 

ASilentObserver August 21st, 2021

Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well.

Today I am excited to share with you that we are reintroducing the Mega Member role. It is a leadership opportunity for members.

History
It was initially started on August 25, 2016 but due to some reasons, it was paused. But over the past, couple of months, the Community Management Team was discussing and thinking about reviving this role but with a better structure. This is an effort to give due recognition and appreciation to the members who are going above and beyond every day to scale up the support and compassion in different spaces of the community. It is also a leadership opportunity for the members so that they may be able to take better care of themselves as well as become the helping hands in bringing more support for all.

Present Time
Earlier it was started for different tracks like Group Support Chat rooms, Forum, and Feed. But, as we are starting it fresh, we will be trialing it for Group Support Chat Rooms for a month. Then, gather the feedback, challenges, and suggestions to iterate the process better and add other areas as well under this leadership opportunity. We will keep iterating it to ensure members in this leadership role get all support and help to build the community.

Who is a Mega Member?

Members who are regularly taking growth path steps, talking to listeners as members, participating in the group support chat rooms or forums but also contributing to the community in their own special ways to support and improve the community. Mega Member would be equivalent to the Mentor role of the Listener side.

Responsibilities of Mega Members

• Maintain a 50/50 balance between receiving support & giving back to the community. As a member, receiving support will be their priority.
  • Be the voice of the community and help Track Leaders and Admins to identify challenges and concerns that need to be addressed.
  • Help to improve the quality of support and scale up the compassion through different initiatives.
  • Take initiative to create an inclusive and supportive environment, hold interesting conversations and guide a positive dialogue in the chat rooms.
  • Take small steps to learn and grow as well as encourage others to do the same.
  • Host check-ins, open chats, sharing circles, or support/ guided discussions equivalent to an hour per month.
  • Ensure to welcome and guide new members to feel comfortable to share and participate in the chat rooms.

Criteria to become Mega Member

• Completed “Compassion Course”
  • Have a “Helping Hand” or “Wise One” badge
  • Zero behavioral reports in the last three months

Resources that may find helpful:

Reminder!
Boundaries and Self-Care are important. We encourage all to ensure they have healthy boundaries as well as take good self-care because we care for you and value your presence in the community. We are a serving community and we will continue to serve and support in different ways.

Check markTo apply or nominate someone, please click here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScH8PYRsdN49fix8FVUiZ1A3vIz8WpQtdPP_YhIGytJRTGbnQ/viewform

All thoughts and comments are welcomed. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you Red heart

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 21st, 2021

Sounds like a cool idea @ASilentObserver 😮
Looking forward to see awesome members becoming awesome leaders ! Kudos to everyone ❤

BenittaJ December 19th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm a mega member too❤️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 19th, 2023

@BenittaJ

Ooh congratulations on becoming one so great to hear that, you're a lovely presence around! ❤

December 20th, 2023

@BenittaJ aw, you became recently?

BenittaJ December 20th, 2023

@Fristo it was around Feb-March i guess 

HopieRemi August 21st, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Awesome. I am glad to see this project brought back.

AffyAvo August 21st, 2021

Happy to see this back!

Thatswatshesaidd August 22nd, 2021
That seems reallyy wonderful @ASilentObserver🌸😀
Woahh indeed looking forward to see our amazing member friends leading the community being awesome leaders!!❤❤All good wishes and love to them!
resourcefulPond1641 August 24th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Wow! That video on how to hold space was a really helpful resource. Thank you so much for including that.

amiablePeace77 August 24th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Thank you very much for this valuable information!

CallumKing2000 December 20th, 2023

I wan be mega member please 😀😀

BenittaJ December 20th, 2023

@CallumKing2000

Cal please fill this form to become mega member.

cyanPlatypus6370 February 1st

Note to self: come back here and read this post in full.  I might qualify for this!  Shout out to the MCR - member community room, group chat.  @moj  @kindDay4067  so many lovely friends from there.

@BooksHugsTea6370  @Anomalia  @AffyAvo  @YourCaringConfidant  @llamaKate