Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

7 Cups Huddles: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

SoulfullyAButterfly July 29th, 2022

_1659093544.FINAL Huddles BannerVideo.png

7 Cups Huddles are our latest closed group support type at 7 Cups, where the same members (Huddlers) meet up for 1hr (and other times) every week over 8 weeks. This helps participants build closer connections, feel less alone, explore issues in more depth and learn from one another while being supported by trained facilitators.

What is a Huddle?

A Huddle is a closed group where the same participants meet up to provide continuous support and social connection to each other over multiple weeks.

How is a Huddle structured?

A huddle will have up to 10 members and a facilitator as well as a co-facilitator. Facilitators are trained listeners/leaders who will be facilitating the huddle and ensuring that it remains a safe, effective space. Different Huddles will meet at different times and days for 8 weeks. Each huddle will focus on one topic and last for either 60 or 90 minutes

Previous Huddles have focused on topics like anxiety, relationship stress, and mindfulness. Often, a Huddle session will have a specific topic that is explored and discussed. Most sessions start with each participant sharing an update from their week.

Can I join a Huddle that has already begun?

Yes, you are allowed to join a huddle that has commenced up to the 4-week mark - you will find previous session summaries and activities in your forum space and can reach out to your fellow Huddlers and facilitators for support in catching up! Current Huddle information is available here

How are Huddles different from other 7 Cups Group Chat?

The Huddles are closed groups so only the selected members and facilitators have access to the group room. As the same participants attend every week, it makes it easy to build new connections with each other. Participants are selected based on a shared interest/focus area and their level of commitment to the Huddle

The meetings involve an agenda that is personalized for group needs. Other group chat rooms at 7 Cups are open groups where anyone can join and contribute to multiple conversations and support happening simultaneously. Different open groups have different purposes.

How can I suggest Huddle topics and meeting times?

You can suggest Huddle topics and your availability for meeting times by filling out the sign-up/topic suggestion form

Feedback from Current Huddlers

“The group is supportive and it feels really nice to have this moment during the week.”

“I am happy to discover what works for others and adapt their techniques to incorporate them into my life.”

“Amazing facilitators and educators. We have a good group of supportive people who want to do their best and grow in this area.”

Do you have any more questions? Reply to this thread with questions and we will answer them and update this main post with common questions!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 29th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Thankyou for the FAQ, Soul, huddles indeed sound like an amazing space to share and seek support on a continual basis, through a guided structure. ❤

LovingPeacefulHeart July 29th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

How do I join a huddle?

SoulfullyAButterfly OP July 30th, 2022

@LovingPeacefulHeart you can read more about the available huddle times and dates and sign up by using the form available in the post here (here is clickable)

SkyblueClementine1798 August 2nd, 2022

I’m on a phone and it’s so hard to read the text on that link you provided. Also can’t even see the times, dates, nor the groups at am

jigsaw3638 July 30th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

How to join?

SoulfullyAButterfly OP July 30th, 2022

@jigsaw3638 you can read more about the available huddle times and dates and sign up by using the form available in the post here (here is clickable)

SkyblueClementine1798 August 2nd, 2022

I just submitted the form, when do I get a response on when I will join the groups?

also the google form allow for multiple answers. It’s help so much if you changed it to a box answer instead of the circle ones. Very confusing that I can only select one time for only one day ( like only 9 AM - 12 PM for only Monday , and can’t do 9 AM - 12 PM for sundays or any other days )

is it thru zoom meeting or chat?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 25th, 2022

@SkyblueClementine1798 Thankyou for signing up. I think you'll receive a confirmation mail and message via the leaders couple of days before the commencement of the huddle group you selected.

The sessions are held right here in 7 cups, in a close chatroom, that will be open to you at the time of the session, every week, once you're selected.

For the suggestion about the form change, tagging @Soulfullyabutterfly to see what can be done here.

Hope this answers. ❤ Feel free to ask if anything's still unclear.

LovingPeacefulHeart September 28th, 2022

@soulfullyabutterfly 🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

I signed up for a huddle a while ago and never heard back. Should I just try again?

❤️

SoulfullyAButterfly OP September 28th, 2022

@LovingPeacefulHeart thanks for re-applying - it seems we never got that app but I see it now!