Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Your Virtual Comfort Corner❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou February 9th, 2023

.・○°。.・゜✭・..・。.・゜✭・.・。.☆(❁‿❁)☆・..・。.・゜✭・.•○°

Hey hey lovely people coming across, I hope y'all are doing well. 💛

I will try not to do a whole lot of talking today lol xD let's see how nicely I fail! :') [#self-awareness😆]

Alrighty, as the name suggests, I wanted to create a comfort corner (it's a "corner" with enough room) for everyone here. 🥰

Something like a virtual grocery store, except that you're looking around for comforting things.

7 cups is already one big comfy space for all of us here and there is so much for everyone to do and seek comfort in.

There is Personal Chats to seek support 1-1, there are Group Chatrooms to connect with and share and seek support from multiple people in real time, the many Sub-Communities (forums) that have something for everyone~ check ins, ice breakers, welcoming space, fun corner to meet/ greet/ get to know peers, topic focused forums to share, talk, connect with other people, resources and what not.

Speaking of resources, we have the Mindfulness Exercises, so many topic focused Growth Paths as well as Self-help guides at our disposal.

Did I miss anything? Let me know! 😮💛

However, I'm listing a couple of things/ ideas available for us, that go beyond any trainings and paths. Feel free to share more ways you can think of, to comfort one other "virtually". 💛

💛 Virtual Hugs

You need a hug? You get a hug. Just let us know! We've separate forum threads for it, Here and Here also.

💛 Virtual High-Fives/ Head Pats/ Back-Pats

Maybe hugs aren't your thing and that's okay, would you like any of the above? We gotchu with any and all of them.

💛 A Quote

Quotes are powerful, I feel, they are a proof that someone has been in our shoes, has experienced what we did, felt how we do and expressed how they wanted to. Quotes can be validating, uplifting, encouraging, motivating, "I see you"~ anything you want them to be.

Need some quote to cheer you up? Ask here! Or Read them here.

💛 A Movie/ Series/ Music recommendation

Music is a universal language, they say. Movies and Series are a great way to spend our leisure time, something to keep us company~ some of these become our go-to comforting escapes. Perhaps someone has a good recommendation for you. Or you have for us? Share them.

Tip: it's okay for everyone to have a different taste. For those seeking recommendations, you can share your preferred genres, any triggers to steer away from etc, for a more personalised recommendation from your peers.

💛 A Reminder/ Encouragement

We can all use some encouragement and reminders in life. Want some? Get many!

Tip: do you have an upcoming exam, interview or any important event in life and need some wishes? Share with us and we'll cheer you. Would you like to be reminded that you're amazing the way you are? Tell us and we'll remind you as often you need.

💛 A Cool Fact

Did you know that Sea otters hold hands when they sleep to keep from drifting apart? 😮 I think it's super wholesome. Know some more amazing facts? Share with us. Want an amazing fact? Ask here!

💛 A Joke/ Meme/ Funny video recommendation

Laughter is therapeutic they say and humor is a known coping mechanism to many of us. Sure there's some low feeling, but that doesn't mean we cannot laugh/ smile at something~ trying counts, aye?

Would you like to hear a joke/ see a meme/ get a funny video recommendation? Poke here!

Tip: I understand everyone may find different things humorous, and that's okay, but we'd still be mindful in our sharing that this is an emotional support platform, and be sure to follow the guidelines while posting anything. (Or a forum moderator will nom the joke and enjoy a funny tummy 😛 ~ but we don't want that sort of trouble, right?!)

💛 A Space to *be*

Sometimes when nothing else works to comfort us the way we need it, it is okay to not fuss about it and simply *be*. Feeling alone and need some virtual company? Take your bean bag and be here. That's all. We can be here together. <3

💛 Something else you might find comforting currently, that the community (you, me, everyone here) can offer.

Do let us know please, and we'd like to try our best for each other.

Alrighty get set go. Two easy ways to make use of this thread.

If you are seeking some virtual comfort, you can share what might help you feel better.

I'd like to think of this as a "passive" way of seeking comfort. When we hug someone, they hug us back~ we recieve a hug too, which is nice and comforting. Sooo, if you're here, please join us in the comfort corner, and feel free to share anything comforting for your peers.

You can reply to posts with what they need (a quote/ hug etc.) Or share something for someone you'd like to comfort and tag them here (example @XyzLovelyBeing a high five) Or something for everyone (example: *hugs for everyone*)

💛 In case, anyone is interested and able to. You can share any of your digital art work, some poem/ write-up, handwritten notes, any pictures/ gifs from the internet ~ any art you like that conveys compassion creatively. We are here for it!

image_1675947797.png

TabbyCat97 September 2nd, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Suuunnn!! :3 oouhhh my gooshhiii :') this just made me smile so so muchh. Thank you for checking in on me sun buddyy ~ you're just beyond wordss ammmaayyzziing 🥺💜

I accidentally cleared this notification and I have been searching for the thread for days hehe :3 *bookmarks now* I am so so happy I found it so I could repllyy weeee

I am doing well thank youuu hehe! I am just getting things sorted for college :0 as I starttt super duuper soonnsies ~ and I have been on a little break getting things ready eeekk!! 🤭🥳🙌🏼

It's also nearly be 17th birthhdayy ;0 ohh my gooshh! it feels crazy how fast this year has goneeeee! weeee :)

How are you wonderful, awesome Sunnn? Thinking of you and sending you all the hugs, cookies and happy beams in the woorrllddd 🥺💜🫂

hug.gif

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 2nd, 2023

@TabbyCat97

Awww Tabbb Tabbb 🐾💜 hey hey, its okie, I've been there too haha, it's a riiidee missing notifications smh but I'm so glad you found the tag/ post again, Tabbb Tabbb, it's always a delight to see your tag!🤗

I know right?! Glad someone else feels it (and says it) too lol, this year has definitely been flying light-speed xD like give us a break to catch up!🤯

Omgeee Tabb Tabbb is nearing 17! :p though pretty bizzareee how fast time has flown by hehe but but I'm sooo excited for all the wonderful opportunities in store for you, lovely one, you deserve the world, truly, go out there and get ittt! I know you will. Cheering for you, while you're at it! 💜

I'm happy to hear you're doing well. This particular phase in life, the high school ending, making decisions about college, courses, career and what not is absolutely not fun, beeen there xD eeeksss its ✨stressful✨ (exciting too? Lol), so do allow yourself all the time you need to sort things out, Tabby. You got this. (Yes! you doooo!) I'm always a tag away anytime you need to talk or share anything okiee!💜

I'm doing okiee hehe, getting by! Thank youu for the warmest hugs, yummiesstt cookies and happiest beams~ sending more your way with extra meowgiccccal loovee! 🤗

Be good to you always! *hugglessss*🤗💜

TabbyCat97 September 2nd, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Sunnn buddddyyyy 🫂💜🐾 oohh my gooshhii! it made me smile so so very mucchh to see your reply oh my goshhii 🥺

eeeee :3 it is super duper annoyingg! I have been searching for it though teeeheee :) 🤗

forr reeaallzz! super duper quuickkz ;0 I need it to sloooww down hahaha. I joined cups a year ago this month, and my birthday is on the 15th of the month tooooo 💃🏼🥳🤭

Awweee thank you thank you so much :') you are beyoonnd words sweet and I appreciate youuu so so so very muchh :3 eeeekk!! I am nervous but really excited for everything weee! I am doing psychology and criminology + sociology :0 ~ and I cannot waiiittt!! I really want to go on to do psychology at uniii then when I finish teeheee :))) 💃🏼🥳

suupperr stressful getting it all ready! I missed most of my last year/2 years at high school sadllyy and moved around schools a loott ;o ~ but still managed to pass and get the grades for college somehow weee! ( so I didn't get time to go to the meetings and assemblies aboout colleges so I had to try research it and sort it myself ) 🙈 whiichh tabbbz isn't the best at, but I made it woorkk (somehow teehee) ♡

Awwee Sunn 🤗💜🐾 I really hope things go okie for you, and I am always one tag away alsoo! you are always spreading so much joy, love, hugs and smiles all over and you just deserve the whole entire world you sweet hooomann! I truly love seeing you around :) keep being *you* you are just totally meeoowgiicalllyy amaaazzziinngg 😊

Be good to you too <3 *hugglleess* 💜🥺

you-are-the-coolest-alex.gif

JarofSeeds627 September 27th, 2023

I find Ghibli movies very comforting - I'm seeing Howl's Moving Castle tonight!! My comfort bands are Coldplay, Lumineers, Flor, and The Cranberries.

I recently made this image because I love flowers and affirmations. 🪽🪽

If anyone is able to offer me any support, I'd appreciate virtual head pats/hugs/prayer/words for me starting the next semester of college soon. I'm getting my paralegal associates. I'll be the first person in my family to finish college. 🥹

mackingcheese September 27th, 2023

@JarofSeeds627 1000012397_1695824535.jpg

JarofSeeds627 September 27th, 2023

Accidentally posted this with an old account 🫡 didn't even remember I had this one logged in. Deactivated it now though so I can use jar of seeds.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 27th, 2023

Hello @JarofSeeds627 lovely to meet you and so wonderful to hear about your interests in music as well as love for ghibli movies, they are pretty awesome right?! Howl's moving castle has been on my watch list for a while now, this was a nice reminder lol.

Ooh did you create the image below? It is beautiful. I love flowers too, specially sunflowers and you included such powerful affirmations to it, great job!

As a side note, glad you deactivated the other account already, as we can only have 1 listener (if want to) and 1 member accounts, each! 😊

I hope you have a spectacular movie night. And ofcourse sending lots of hugs and prayers your way, for college as well as every other endeavour in your life. You got this!🤗💛

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP March 25th

To everyone coming across.🤗❤
sending-love-love.gif

LoveMyMoonflowers March 25th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

*peeeekkss and sneakkss some love and huggiies in here too* 💖

@LoveMyMoonflowers

Yayy you're always welcome to sneak in for a looootttt of love and comfy huggieees hehe.🤗🥰💖

LoveMyMoonflowers March 25th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

*huggiiieeesss yooouuuuuu* 🫂💜

VictoriaLove7 March 25th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you, Sunshine 🌞❤ *huggsss tightttt ⊂(ᵔ◡ᵔ⊂)❤ & lots of love for youu, Sunshine! 🌞❤ *

hug-removebg-preview_1711356006.png

@VictoriaLove7

Too cutuuu!😭💖

VictoriaLove7 March 25th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

The way you say 'cutu' is more cutuu, Sunshine! 🌞❤ (∩˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ∩)❤

RachelListener March 25th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank youu! 🤗❤

sun-good-morning.gif

Hiya @sdgjmiller yay for pulling up a beanie, I am sooo happy to see you here and glad you're joining us in the comfort corner too hehe.🥰

cute-love.gif