Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Your Virtual Comfort Corner❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou February 9th, 2023

.・○°。.・゜✭・..・。.・゜✭・.・。.☆(❁‿❁)☆・..・。.・゜✭・.•○°

Hey hey lovely people coming across, I hope y'all are doing well. 💛

I will try not to do a whole lot of talking today lol xD let's see how nicely I fail! :') [#self-awareness😆]

Alrighty, as the name suggests, I wanted to create a comfort corner (it's a "corner" with enough room) for everyone here. 🥰

Something like a virtual grocery store, except that you're looking around for comforting things.

7 cups is already one big comfy space for all of us here and there is so much for everyone to do and seek comfort in.

There is Personal Chats to seek support 1-1, there are Group Chatrooms to connect with and share and seek support from multiple people in real time, the many Sub-Communities (forums) that have something for everyone~ check ins, ice breakers, welcoming space, fun corner to meet/ greet/ get to know peers, topic focused forums to share, talk, connect with other people, resources and what not.

Speaking of resources, we have the Mindfulness Exercises, so many topic focused Growth Paths as well as Self-help guides at our disposal.

Did I miss anything? Let me know! 😮💛

However, I'm listing a couple of things/ ideas available for us, that go beyond any trainings and paths. Feel free to share more ways you can think of, to comfort one other "virtually". 💛

💛 Virtual Hugs

You need a hug? You get a hug. Just let us know! We've separate forum threads for it, Here and Here also.

💛 Virtual High-Fives/ Head Pats/ Back-Pats

Maybe hugs aren't your thing and that's okay, would you like any of the above? We gotchu with any and all of them.

💛 A Quote

Quotes are powerful, I feel, they are a proof that someone has been in our shoes, has experienced what we did, felt how we do and expressed how they wanted to. Quotes can be validating, uplifting, encouraging, motivating, "I see you"~ anything you want them to be.

Need some quote to cheer you up? Ask here! Or Read them here.

💛 A Movie/ Series/ Music recommendation

Music is a universal language, they say. Movies and Series are a great way to spend our leisure time, something to keep us company~ some of these become our go-to comforting escapes. Perhaps someone has a good recommendation for you. Or you have for us? Share them.

Tip: it's okay for everyone to have a different taste. For those seeking recommendations, you can share your preferred genres, any triggers to steer away from etc, for a more personalised recommendation from your peers.

💛 A Reminder/ Encouragement

We can all use some encouragement and reminders in life. Want some? Get many!

Tip: do you have an upcoming exam, interview or any important event in life and need some wishes? Share with us and we'll cheer you. Would you like to be reminded that you're amazing the way you are? Tell us and we'll remind you as often you need.

💛 A Cool Fact

Did you know that Sea otters hold hands when they sleep to keep from drifting apart? 😮 I think it's super wholesome. Know some more amazing facts? Share with us. Want an amazing fact? Ask here!

💛 A Joke/ Meme/ Funny video recommendation

Laughter is therapeutic they say and humor is a known coping mechanism to many of us. Sure there's some low feeling, but that doesn't mean we cannot laugh/ smile at something~ trying counts, aye?

Would you like to hear a joke/ see a meme/ get a funny video recommendation? Poke here!

Tip: I understand everyone may find different things humorous, and that's okay, but we'd still be mindful in our sharing that this is an emotional support platform, and be sure to follow the guidelines while posting anything. (Or a forum moderator will nom the joke and enjoy a funny tummy 😛 ~ but we don't want that sort of trouble, right?!)

💛 A Space to *be*

Sometimes when nothing else works to comfort us the way we need it, it is okay to not fuss about it and simply *be*. Feeling alone and need some virtual company? Take your bean bag and be here. That's all. We can be here together. <3

💛 Something else you might find comforting currently, that the community (you, me, everyone here) can offer.

Do let us know please, and we'd like to try our best for each other.

Alrighty get set go. Two easy ways to make use of this thread.

If you are seeking some virtual comfort, you can share what might help you feel better.

I'd like to think of this as a "passive" way of seeking comfort. When we hug someone, they hug us back~ we recieve a hug too, which is nice and comforting. Sooo, if you're here, please join us in the comfort corner, and feel free to share anything comforting for your peers.

You can reply to posts with what they need (a quote/ hug etc.) Or share something for someone you'd like to comfort and tag them here (example @XyzLovelyBeing a high five) Or something for everyone (example: *hugs for everyone*)

💛 In case, anyone is interested and able to. You can share any of your digital art work, some poem/ write-up, handwritten notes, any pictures/ gifs from the internet ~ any art you like that conveys compassion creatively. We are here for it!

image_1675947797.png

YourCaringConfidant February 9th, 2023
@Sunisshiningandsoareyou
OMG 🌞! You are absolutely amazing! I am in love with the idea of having a comfort corner. Talk about such a beautiful, special place full of so much love. We all need a little something "more" in life and now we can get it all in one place! The fact you created this thread just makes me so happy. This will officially be my #2 happy place on 7cups. I hope people utilize this thread and speak up when needed. There is so much love on this platform and, clearly, it begins with you! ♡♡♡
Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP February 9th, 2023

@YourCaringConfidant

Yayy #2 official happy place hehe! This thread is squealing with excitement and so am I lol! Thankyouuu, Desiree. Always a lovely presence, I look forward to see you here more, you've got a beanieee reserved woohoo! 🤗

image_1675952833.png

YourCaringConfidant February 9th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Ohhhhh 🌞, this is soooo sweet! Look at you making me melt. I just saved the graphic to my phone. Awwww thank you. 😊

TabbyCat97 February 9th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Aawwwee! I absolutely love this idea .

How lovely and thoughtful of you to make a comfort corner full off awesome ideas for people to use 😮🩶

I hope you have a wonderful day,

Take care,

Tabby 😊

@TabbyCat97

image_1675951870.png

TabbyCat97 February 9th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

😮 how'd you do those? Your insanely talented!

Tabby

@TabbyCat97

Aww that's so kind hehe, but nope xD just maybe got some nice practice with online tools for graphic creation, like canva for instance. 😅

We need more of your meowgical kindness around. Keep being you!❤

TabbyCat97 February 10th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Your doing awesome spending your time doing this for others. *you* are a m a z I n g <3

meowgical - I love it aaaa!

Tabby

SirenOfSerenity February 9th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou this is literally perfect 🥲

@SirenOfSerenity

image_1675953317.png

SirenOfSerenity February 9th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou omggggg this is adorableeeee! And so kind, Thank you 🥲💕🧜🏽‍♀️

amiableBunny4016 February 9th, 2023

🥺Sun is the best Sun ever! My sunny buddy!!!! Yaya! *Hugs if ok* I love ya buddy.

❤️Bunny

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP February 15th, 2023

@amiableBunny4016 Aww hugs are always okay! I love ya more, my wonderful shining buddy!🤗❤

you-are-all-kinds-of-amazing-you-you-are-amazing.gif

iPHOENIX February 9th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Wow 🤩 Great Initiative

Hug/High-Five/Head Pats/Back Pats, any and all for you and everyone ❤

@iPHOENIX

hugs-big-hug-from-me-to-you.gif

goldenLion1121 February 9th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

this is such a lovely idea Sun!! *hugs everyone* you always come up with such lovely ideas! *you* are awesomeeeeee! <3

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP February 15th, 2023

@goldenLion1121 Haha thanks so much, Nia, you are *always* super supportive and encouraging. Appreciate you big time! ❤

peach-cat-love.gif

midnightsmarie February 10th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

perfect post by lovely you 😭❤️

*marks a permanent spot for me* second comfort space for me now, you know where the first one is :P

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP March 3rd, 2023

@lumieremilkyway Awww *hugssss Milkyyy* 🥰

image_1677877866.png

VictoriaLove7 February 10th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

This is a very thoughtful, wholesome thread, we can find everything here.

I like your writing style, Sunshine 🌞 The detailed decorations too, the stars and the eyes between each section. (bookmarked this thread). 😁

YourCaringConfidant February 10th, 2023

@VictoriaLove7 🌞 is pretty amazing like that, huh?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP March 3rd, 2023

@VictoriaLove7

Aww thankyouu, Vic, for being ever so observant, caring, and encouraging! 🤗 You're owlways welcome here! ❤

image_1677878445.png

VictoriaLove7 March 4th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you, Sunshine! 🌞❤ You are owlsome 🤗

png-20230305-014325-0000_1677955727.png

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP March 4th, 2023

@VictoriaLove7 I love this omigosh! 🥺❤

VictoriaLove7 March 9th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

The sun is shining (on owlies) and so are you ❤

I love the shape of your heart 🌞❤ up there

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP March 13th, 2023

@VictoriaLove7 *shines with Vic* ❤ owlie shaped heart?😛🤗

VictoriaLove7 March 13th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Owlie shaped heart 🦉❤ (or any shapes of your heart, Sunshine 🌞❤ ) 🤗♾

teenytinyturtle March 4th, 2023

@sunisshiningandsoareyou

*finds corner and settles on beanbag with blanket*

Aw Sun you are just so amazing, always coming up with these wonderful ideas. I'm having a hard day and this just really made me smile (oh and maybe cry but 🤫)

*hugs if okay*

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP March 9th, 2023

@CalmCoral Aww Coral is always welcome ofcourse, and hugs are more than okay! *hugs back*❤

image_1678367688.png

How's your lovely self doing today?❤

teenytinyturtle March 9th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Aww I love this!!! Beautiful turtle too!

Having a bit of a rough day, few hours of therapy in a bit. Definitely using my self soothe bag today!

How are you Sun?

Thought I'd share this with everyone here (:

export202303081338559185_1678368216.jpg

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP March 13th, 2023

@CalmCoral

Aw I'm glad you love it. Seeing this now smh, How did it go the other day? A self soothe bag sounds perfect-o! ❤

I'm doing okiee, thankyouu for asking, Coral! ❤

Aww this is so cute, and what a lovely reminder for anyone coming across! Kindness is essential and self care certainly isn't selfish, thankyouu for sharing! 🤗

Creamyyy March 5th, 2023

So Im gona get a coffee with some dark chocolate and sit in a corner seat, likely a couch which is large enough for offering leg space. Then I'll meet someone really warm and have a pleasant chat with them.

P. S. Virtual comfort corner- Great idea.

YourCaringConfidant March 9th, 2023
@Creamyyy
20230309-034331-0000_1678351424.png

@YourCaringConfidant I sooo love everything you create, Desireee! 🥰 *joins y'all for a cup of coffee*

@Hope coffee reminds me of you Haha! You're welcome to join us also! One Americano coming right up for youu!

aesthetic-cute.gif

@Creamyyy Aw just the sound of it, is pretty relaxing, Creamyy, welcome aboard, have a restful time in your comfort corner! ❤

I see you've been served some nice coffee and offered a space to talk already by the amazing @YourCaringConfidant. Yay! 🥰

coffee-for-you.gif

Some more for youu! 🍫☕

SunShineAlwaysGrateful March 8th, 2023

Love this virtual self care corner with so much variety! I am loving the graphics very warm and friendly!! 💕💕💕💕🙌🙌🙌🙌 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful

image_1678366000.png

YourCaringConfidant March 9th, 2023
@Sunisshiningandsoareyou
There is nothing wrong with me but I just wanted to be here with my friends. 💕
Lol, check out this cuuuttteeee soft furry bean bag chair I found online. It is sooo pretttyyyy, don't ya think? ;)
3147055aee8f2f0991d44b3b94695dd2_1678350703.jpg

*Grabs bean bag chair and sits down*

Ahhh, to be in the company of such amazing people. Hugs.
Oh yeah, in case anyone forgot their bean bag and wants to sit... Here ya go! 💕
aeabadf8-8590-4401-bd1a-f87dcfa64730-1-b13eeb4ac6049bb5ef05e0617855c0a6_1678350773.png

@YourCaringConfidant

Awww that's really super duper pretty, I'll probably never sit on it lollll or even unwrap it xD worrying it'll get dirty or something and just admire it from afar!😭

And and and it's not needed to have something wrong going on, to need/ want some comfort and relaxing space! We all deserve it, at anytime we like! *hugs back* 🤗

I'm soo loving these bean bags haha! *grabs one and lies on it* ooof this does feel so good! 🥰

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP March 15th, 2023

image_1678898295.png

"A hug a day keeps your trouble at bay. A hug at night, makes everything right. So I'm sending you this hug to help you cope, to give you some love and to send you hope!" 🤗❤🤗