Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Letters to myself (or others)

Irene006 January 18th, 2021

Whoever I am, good or bad, happy or sad, is part of one universe.

I am glad that I exist. My existence might not have made much of a contribution, but I'm glad I can experience the goodness of happiness, hope, kindness and love.
I'm grateful, for the moments where I could witness such powerful stories, such as those of Luke Skywalker, and Captain America, which gave me strength at certain times.

I am happy to have this wonderful body which functions normally.

I know that these words were of no sense in my times of fear and guilt, but this is my love letter to myself. I've hated myself enough in the past. Past which cannot be changed now, but the present is all mine to live.

There have been scary times, times where my actions made no sense, my vision was unclear, and my thoughts weren't mine (were mixed up with other's thoughts), but they have been teachers to me.

My experiences taught me things the school couldn't. I am thankful for everything that I've learnt, learning may or may not be fun, but it satisfies me, for I am a curious being, and learning also makes me feel safer. I learn little every day, and that is alright, because one lesson is enough if understood.

I want to tell myself that it is okay to feel, and to express our feelings for we are social and emotional beings, if it is totally okay to dance in joy, why is it not okay to cry in misery.

I assure myself that I am not a fake attention seeker, and that my emotions exist. They are real and valid. I request myself to not hide my emotions from myself. I also want to add that others emotions may vary from mine, and that is alright, I do not have to lie to myself about feelings and thoughts.

I would like to remind myself that there will always be others in worse conditions than me, but that does not mean that my condition does not exist. I will not again let myself desire destruction again.

I love myself and that is totally acceptable because if people can hate themselves, why can one not love themselves?

I love myself. The world may have other feelings for me, but the life is mine and I must prioritise.

I love myself

turquoiseChestnut7458 January 18th, 2021

Absolutely beautiful. We must love ourselves in order to attract the purest form of love from others. I loved reading this.

Irene006 OP January 19th, 2021

@turquoiseChestnut7458

aww

thank you for reading this. i once read in a book, that we can't love others, if we don't love ourselves, and I've certainly been there, where said that i loved people, but i didn't. it wasn't a truthful feeling, i just follow what the trolls say in Frozen, that love is a selfless feeling, and being selfless is hard when there's hate in you.

midnightsmarie January 19th, 2021

@CaptainRex

this is absolutely lovely! thank you for creating such a wonderful space for yourself here. it really made me happy to see you write such a heartfelt letter for yourself. this was such a good dose of positivity for myself (even as a third person here!). I hope you can continue with these letters, it's a great practice! we often forget to write much-needed words for ourselves and ever since I have been writing some myself, I have noticed a few positive changes. I hope you get benefitted from these too. I hope you're doing well, CaptainRex! do continue loving yourself *goes off to write a letter for herself in her journal*

Irene006 OP January 25th, 2021

@lumieremilkyway

I am glad to know that you have found positivity here, afterall this is the positive corner of the forums, I have long hated myself, and I have possibly been my own enemy due to conflicts of thoughts in my mind. This is a step towards being my own friend, and growing. It has not been easy for me to let go of my attachments but now, I have the power of the universe, I must believe myself, and I can be stronger than ever, safer than ever. I'm glad that you too are writing words for yourself, and appreciating oneself is a requirement.

Thank you for your reply.

Starmedia January 24th, 2021

@CaptainRex

I truly love this love letter and I am so proud of you for writing this and showing it to me in PM. heart

So good to see you being so wise and thoughtful, I totally agree that you, me, and eveyone else...we are all part of one universe and it's great to be grateful for all of our experiences, moments, learnings, our body, our mind, our spirit, and our existence itself. heart

Yes, it is totally all about the present, and it's all ours. So good to know that you consider the scary and the past difficulties as your teachers. I really love how you expressed that being a curious being, learning satisfies you and makes you feel safer, also I appreciate your lovely reminders and assurance for your self. All your emotions and thoughts are definitely valid as well as real, it's great to priortize and your life is totally yours. It's totally possible to embrace and love yourself for the whole You.

You are powerful, beautiful and so strong my dear Rex. Keep loving and keep growing! heartangel

Irene006 OP January 25th, 2021

@Starmedia

Growth

Times have been hard, and at certain times, it was just me trying to keep my head above the water. The emotions I had, I could not understand them, I could not understand my actions. There was guilt, and emotions I could not let go of. Those emotions were but a part of me and the events, have caused growth in me. I now have nre strengths.

I have also realised that we cannot care for others if we are not alright, and we cannot love others if we do not love ourselves. I am proud of myself for just living even when little made sense. 2020 has been a great year for me, not that I would like to live it again, but I have learnt so much about myself, and the world.

One great thing which I learnt is that people are not who you want them to be. They just are who they are, good or bad is our perspective, and they cannot change until they are willing to change, I have learnt not to stress on changing people, for it is their choice. I have learnt to accept them for who they are, good or bad.

I watched Wonder Woman movie once, and Diana, the protagonist of the movie believes that the first world war would end when she kills Ares, the god of war. Steve Trevor, who is just a normal human, he tells her that Ares or no Ares, sometimes people are just who they are.

This has taught me to accept people. Denial is a part of behavioural response to being hurt by people, so accepting this has been important to me.

Thank you for replying to this thread.

May the force be with you.

Starmedia January 26th, 2021

@CaptainRex

Your're very welcome, Rex! heart

During difficult times it can be hard to let go of and understand our emotions and actions. It's wonderful to know that now you have realized your own strength and are aware that the emotions being part of you have led to growth. So good to know that you feel you have learnt a lot from 2020 and have realized the importance of Self-Love and Self-Care.

It's wonderful to be proud of ourselves even for just living. heart

Also, I totally agree that one can only change if they are willing to make a change within themselves, and yes denial can be natural behavioral response and I am glad now you have learnt to accept others (and also yourself) for who they are. Acceptance is extremely important to make a change or grow. (Also, glad to know that you have learnt a wonderful lesson from Wonder Woman movie laugh)

And, thank you! May the force be with you too. angelheart

Irene006 OP March 9th, 2021

@CaptainRex

Rex, I know you feel a lot for your ex, and I want to tell you, it is okay to feel for him. Here is a letter you wrote to him:

My dear,(name not mentioned to respect anonymity)
I have so much feelings for you, and it is hard to put that in words. I just, couldn't handle it. It was the first time, you were the first person. Love cannot be replaced, and I tried to replace it. I was told to move you. Moving on could not happen, will not happen. Love is forever honey, and I cannot unlove you, but I can choose not to feel the pain now. That is what I do. I think about you, yes but it does not harm me. Thank you. We loved, we cared, we stood. We enjoyed. That means so much to me. After you, I tried to 'fill in the space'. I did not realize how unique love is from every single person. I just thought I could feel the same way again, so I forced myself into dating people. I'm okay now. Just if you are reading this. Thanks for, being so lovely and adorable. If it wasn't for you, I would have never known I was capable of loving boys like that. You are so...beautiful. People tell me to move on, but I can't. Love is not temporary. I won't. I will love more people, freely but I will never look for you in them. In doing so, I will deny their beauty. This is not the way. I assume you would want me to move on, but it is not possible. I don't know how. I love you so much. You matter to me. I have looked up to you and have lived because of you, because grief. I wish we could.....I think of us being together. watching tv, going places, holding hands, smiling at each other. So much. But that time has passed. I mean, I am just happy I got to know you. I have my regrets about a lot of things, asking you to be my boyfriend is one of them, but honey, the past is a frozen part of the river of time. I can't do anything about it now. I love you. I know, wishing would only bring me pain, but I wish to have the slightest of time I can with you, but don't worry. Rex is okay. They are safe and will be okay.
And yes, I am not a boy anymore. 😅
Thanks for making me realise that people matter more than relationships. Their presence. Their existence. I hope people are nice, loving and warm to you. You are beautiful. I hope you are nice and adorable. It's been a year now. We are not together. I don't know if you exist, but we are one. We are together. Both of us, are part of one universe. You and I are one with the force. The force is with us. So we are together. I like to look at stars when I miss you😥 because they remind me we are together in one way, and no matter how far away you are, we both are on the same planet. I don't blame myself for being depressed after you were gone. I did not choose it. It was love, turning into grief. An infinity stone said that. I still feel so much for you, but I am not suffering.
I love you, honey. I hope you are safe, and happy. That is nice if you are safe and happy. Don't worry, I love you, but I guess knowing you are happy would mean a lot.
Rex

Kimmkimm March 9th, 2021

@CaptainRex

Beautiful. I'm glad you understood that the most important person in your life is yourself. I see you've progressed so much and I'm so happy. Keep going on, Rex 🧡

itspax February 3rd

@Irene006

hey sunshine :)

hope you are doing well.

i got moved to the adult side of 7cups and had no way of messaging you, but i found one now.

Irene006 OP February 21st

@itspax

so did I my NB bestieee 

haha

and yeah it's kinda funny you never mentioned your birthday was in february though 👀👀