Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Positive Affirmation Exercise ❂ [2021 Masterpost]

Starmedia July 12th, 2021

Hello lovely community! I hope you are all doing well. Red heart

Positive affirmations are statements that can help us in challenging and overcoming our unhealthy thoughts, beliefs and emotions. When one repeats these statements & makes creative efforts to believe in them, often many notice that things around them are changing for the better and they are attracting positive outcomes.

It is said that releasing our limiting beliefs can help us create a version of ourselves that is able to manifest abundance in our lives. One of the ways we can practice releasing our limiting beliefs is through Positive Affirmations.

This activity on Positive Affirmation is to help bring positive changes in our lives - our perceptions, feelings, emotions, thoughts and maintain them by practicing consistently. Here we will be linking an affirmation thread with a new theme regularly.

In order to create changes effectively, it is suggested to practice this exercise by following the steps exactly as mentioned in the threads linked below and by participating in any one, multiple or all of the threads for at least 21 days continuously or whenever one feels low.

I invite all of you to participate in this activity so that we can build a stronger version of ourselves and get what we want from our life with our own ability to create! Red heart

All the Affirmation threads posted will be linked below:

Affirmations ❂Theme: Trust

Affirmations ❂Theme: Inner Power

Affirmations ❂Theme: Self-Worth

Affirmations ❂Theme: Relationships

Affirmations ❂Theme: Love

Lastly, a warm shout-out to our caring and compassionate member @Iampapaya for suggesting this wonderful idea of creating an affirmation thread!

Activity Idea and content adapted from the videos of Dylan James (Mindset Coach), TheLawOfAttraction.com and Psychology Today

Note: This activity is for those who believe in the power of affirmations /want to believe in them or are open to try different things without judgement. Of course different beliefs and perspectives are totally respected, there is no pressure to participate if you are not interested in it or feel uncomfortable by it. We totally understand what works for one may not work for the other and vice versa. No matter what, we wish the best for each one of you and we believe everyone is capable of figuring out methods that work the best for them. Let's please keep these threads positive. Stay hopeful and stay strong everyone!

We appreciate you all for helping us in creating a positive experience for our forums! If you liked this forum content/activity, please feel free to leave feedback for this thread here Red heart

Updated by @Starmedia on July 16th 2021 to add few lines for clarification.

Updated by @Starmedia on August 11th 2021 to make it the main Masterpost thread.

Bubbles2025 July 12th, 2021

@Starmedia

This is amazing. Thank you for this post! I can not wait to see what people say. Remember that positive affirmations do not need to be big. It can be things such as "I can do this" "Today will be a good day". I know that some days can be super tough, but remember that you all are not alone. We are a community, and we are here for you. It may be hard to see things we like about ourselves, but you are all amazing. Keep your head up, and I can not wait to see these posts!

Starmedia OP July 14th, 2021

@Bubbles2025

Glad you find this amazing, Bubbles. You're so welcome! Red heart

Those are very thoughtful reminders, I agree it need not be big and how supportive of you to write encouraging messages for others. Thank you for spreading so much positivity! Red heart

@iampapaya

Happy to know you feel glad seeing it in practice and are looking forward to see the participation, papaya! Red heart

You're so welcome! I am glad you feel the community will benefit from it! Red heart

kindLemonade July 20th, 2021

@iampapaya

I'm so impressed papaya! Love this idea! Practicing this today now ! heart

midnightsmarie July 13th, 2021

@Starmedia

Thank you so much for such a wonderful idea, @iampapaya and thanks to Star for bringing it all to the action! I love the idea so much and I think it is brilliant!

I have been wary of words of affirmation in the past because I thought they didn't work but I have discovered over time that the affirmations need a strong purpose to be there. I can't simply say "I am beautiful" because that doesn't seem as affirming to any of my beliefs, instead, I say "I am a person who radiates energy that is simply beautiful because of how I choose to share my light with others." It's just a personal preference of mine. I am hoping with this thread, I will be able to do this more frequently and consistently!

@lumieremilkyway

You're very welcome, Lumie! Red heart Glad you love the idea and think it is brilliant!

Understandable that you have been wary in the past, good to know you have discovered that it needs a strong purpose. Glad you have figured out affirmation statements that work the best for you! Red heart

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 16th, 2021

Woohooo this is an awesome idea , thankyou @Iampapaya for suggesting , you're fabulous !! ❤
I've personally been quite in the middle with affirmations, in regards to if they work or not , I do feeel positively affirming is a great way to manifest in life , it may work or it may not -- but even in the moment where a positive affirmation helps one feel hopeful and open to opportunities and instills a sense of positivity -- that is *working* enough for me . Life is life as it is haha might as well add in some positive sprinkle to it ! 🤗
Thankyou for taking the suggestion in consideration and starting this amazing thread @Starmedia , you're a Rockkk*Star* !! ❤
Starmedia OP July 16th, 2021

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

You're so welcome, radiant Sunshine! Red heart Glad you feel it's an awesome idea.

I hear you, so you feel you have been quite in the middle of affirmations, your thoughts and emotions are totally valid and I have been there too. On addition, I guess there are different applications and ways of using affirmations too (which not many are aware of), and maybe some ways could work better than others and sometimes it may take time to figure out what way works the best for us as well. So glad you feel affirmations helps one feel hopeful, open to opportunities, brings positivity and is working enough for you. Red heart

Stardew3 July 19th, 2021

This is great, thank you for this post!

Starmedia OP July 26th, 2021

@Stardew3

You're very welcome. I am glad you find this great! Red heart

Solome24 July 19th, 2021

LOVE this! I especially like the trust affirmations. Can't wait to see what the next ones will be :)

@Solome24

So happy to know you love this! Trust affirmations are lovely, I am glad you liked them and feel excited for the next one. Will be posting the next theme shortly! Red heart

wonderfulRainbow817 July 20th, 2021

Love this idea @lampapaya! My affirmation for today is that " Hey, I may be tired but at least I was granted another day to live here on Earth!

kindLemonade July 20th, 2021

@wonderfulRainbow817

Love that affirmation, Rainbow heart

@wonderfulRainbow817

I am so glad you loved their idea. ^^

It's great to feel grateful for living each day itself, that is a wonderful affirmation. Red heart

mobteru July 20th, 2021

this is a wonderful post! some affirmations that i tell myself are "i'm safe and i am okay." "i'm strong and resilient and i can get through anything." "i am loved and cared for." and "my best is always enough as long as i'm trying." "i'm allowed to feel and it's wonderful that i have beautiful emotions." they help calm me down a lot and it helps me feel a lot happier :)

@mobteru

I am so glad you find the post wonderful! Those are great affirmations on feeling safe, strong, resilient, loved, cared, our best, our feeling and emotions. It's so so nice to know they help you feel calm and a lot happier! Red heart

mobteru July 26th, 2021

@Starmedia thank you so much for your reply!! i agree lots that they're very helpful and they've been of great help! i plan to keep using them and keep going on my path of growth ❤️❤️❤️

@mobteru
You're very welcome! Glad they have been helpful. Keep growing! ❤️

Rebekahwriter13 July 21st, 2021

@Starmedia Your feeling and trust are the same link

Rebekahwriter13 July 21st, 2021

@Rebekahwriter13 Nevermind I miss read it. My focus has been very off.

@Rebekahwriter13

That's totally okay! Red heart Sometimes it happens with me too. *hugs if you're comfortable*. Stay strong and safe! Red heart

greenYard2803 August 11th, 2021

@Starmedia thank you

Starmedia OP August 11th, 2021

@greenYard2803

You're very welcome, Yard! Red heart