Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A month of treating myself to something nice

pandanfe July 20th, 2023

20th July, 2023

I want to do something nice for myself everyday for a month. As a result, I'll be updating this post every day with nice things I do for myself. I'm sharing this because I don't want to leave in between feeling discouraged. I'm hoping for warm community support.

End date: 20th Aug, 2023

Thank you in advance!

pandanfe OP July 30th, 2023

@Banerjee2006

Maybe you won't take long enough to complete that book. Good luck reading it. Don't forget to give me its feedback once you complete the book :P

Banerjee2006 July 31st, 2023

@pandanfe Absolutely ! I'm hoping that I can finish it within this week. I also have the 2nd part - "It starts with us". After finishing this book, I'll start reading that one.

Banerjee2006 August 3rd, 2023

@pandanfe Just finished reading "It ends with us today". It was a really really great story, it discusses some pretty important topics. My favourite quote is - "Just keep swimming" πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

pandanfe OP August 3rd, 2023

@Banerjee2006

That sounds fun buddy. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. Are you gonna take break in between before you start another book "It starts with us" or do you directly start other part?

Banerjee2006 August 7th, 2023

@pandanfe Well yeah, I took like 4 to 5 days break before reading the second part - "It starts with us"

And the good news is - I'm currently on chapter 20 on this book. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š

pandanfe OP August 8th, 2023

@Banerjee2006

damn, you're a fast reader... how's this book treating you?

Banerjee2006 August 10th, 2023

@pandanfe Pretty nicee .. I'm loving the sweetness of Atlas. And Theo is my new favourite character πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„

@Banerjee2006

Yea, it was kinda my first book from him. How's the book "It ends with us"?

Aerobics exercise sounds fun to try... I used to do yoga earlier but now not even that and with it now i'm left with almost 0 flexibility

EddieL July 29th, 2023

@pandanfe
This journey is really inspiring! I want to live every day in a "productive"/ treating myself manner.

@EddieL

I agree. I felt safe before i started this journey of self-love. I'm giving myself a better treat and now I'm more confident, have higher self-esteem.

alicetang07 August 2nd, 2023

@pandanfe

This is such a good idea! We love self-care. I hope this month leaves you feeling relaxed and positive. Some ideas are treating yourself to a nice meal/treat. Buying something nice for yourself is also good!

pandanfe OP August 3rd, 2023

@alicetang07

Indeed, I could see many positive changes in myself after I started self-love. Thank you for these ideas. I might go through it.

pandanfe OP August 10th, 2023

@Banerjee200 are you talking about the character from the book "It Starts with Us"? I've not read the book but what according to you made Theo standout among all?

buildabetterworld August 14th, 2023

@pandanfe

Hi! It's great to see you make this plan to keep track on your feelings every day! It's definitely going to be just a great way for you to be aware of the things that bring positivity and warmth to you among your surroundings! In fact, I think this is a good habit that everyone should at least try to develop to make their lives work better for everyone. It might not be the best way to make your attitude nicer, but it absolutely will work consistently as long as you keep a positive, encouraging, and confident sentiments to the challenges you might face in your lives. I hope you have a nice day!!

pandanfe OP August 14th, 2023

@buildabetterworld

Thank you for these encouraging words. Self-love is really helpful with staying positive about ourselves πŸ€—

HassanSyed August 18th, 2023

Wish you good luck 🀞 for your dreams!

pandanfe OP August 18th, 2023

@HassanSyed

Thank you very much πŸ€—