Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Positive ways of Coping through the Bad

nnnnnisa November 26th, 2022

Life is never easy and our journey through life isn't ours to control. I want to share with you things that I have kept me mentally stable and able to live through every moment, even though I'm in pain.

Since the start of the fall season, I was struck with a lot of grief. I was diagnosed with pre-cancer on my cervix the same day my father passed away from lung cancer. I currently don't live in my home country. On top of that, I haven't spoken to him in over 16 years. My friend turned current partner is hard to deal with sometimes. He gave me disease that isn't curable that he didn't know that he had. He has a lot of love for me but our communication styles are a bit different and he sometimes says things that hurt me, although unintentionally. I also got scammed for a large amount of money which I'm currently trying to pay down. I don't know where I'll be next year. My career is going well in the country that I'm living in, but I'm afraid things will change due to COVID or other unknown circumstance.

I have a lot on my mind on a daily basis. Here are somethings that have helped me cope quite well.

- Picked up a new hobby: piano. I used to play piano at 10 years old but quit because I didn't really like my teacher. Now I can play my favourite pop songs on piano! I hope to continue this.

- Stretching for 20 minutes everyday to improve flexibility.

- Reading self help books. I'm currently reading "The Alchemist".

- Reducing social media/screen time

- Listening to morning affirmations to start my day with positive intentions.

It's a bit hard on somedays. I don't feel like myself. I tend to dissociate a lot. But I try to be patient with myself. It's okay to cry or feel hurt. My feelings are valid. There is no right or wrong way of going through what I'm going through. Everyday is a new day to try. ❤️

Optimisticempath November 26th, 2022

@nnnnnisa Yes your feelings are valid and you don't have to struggle alone 💕 very proud of you for taking baby steps for self care and healing 🤗

I liked the Alchemist also it's a great book :)

nnnnnisa OP November 27th, 2022

@Optimisticempath Thank you so much for reading and writing a response! Yes, it's a good feeling to know that I'm not alone in all of this ❤️ If you have any other book recommendations please let me know!