Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Miss my cats

BenittaJ June 24th

Hello everyone reading my post thankyou 🙏 💓

Im a dog person! We had only dogs recently in 2023 March I lost my last dog Dolly' we dint get any dog after tat. 

A stray cat , we named her Angel littered in my house. In the month of September 2023'

Till 2month we dint see them because she had her kittens in the loft. 

When they were three months+ she started to bringing them to us. 

We named then Opal (Girl) Twinkle (boy) Lavie (girl) 

From that date we got quite along

Twinkle - Smart but funk

Opal - Social n brave 

Love - very Scared and playful 

We let them go out of our house to our garden. They love to roam in the nature. 

Meanwhile Angel littered again this time two kittens.

We started getting Tom cats problem' Two Tom cats namely Patrick, Tom and a black cat. Started to tackle our girl cats !!!

We dint want them to get pregnant cuz they might litter in our house again. We already have neighbours who Hates cats and poison them ! 

So we kept them inside the house for like 4months. We have a litter box but still u know they *** anywhere n message the house. House started to stink ! We had a messed house and it was hard for us. We can't go anywhere because of them scared they ll try to go outside and something bad might happen... Traffic - Tom cats - neighbours !!! We had a tough time.

But still they were cute white bums. Playing about all day n night mostly my back aches because of no sleep!!!

We also planned to do a surgery for the girl but the vet said it's a painful process for the cats we can't handle that!

We then found a home for the babies we caught them. But lavie bit me n ran away into our house from the vehicle.

So I coudn't go to leave them mum and sis went two cats first. Then came back and took the third cat love. 

Now all three are in their house. My sisters colleagues house, But I'm not satisfied with their house. Their house is not a close type to feed them time to time, not much caring people, i don't know if they will even buy cat food for them. 

U c the cats should be in their house with the doors windows locked for atleast a week , for them to get attached to the house n people mainly to understand these people will feed them. Correct right!! But they asked mum n sis to open n let them go ! 

This is y I'm scared 😞 u c it's getting dark they are alone they're out no food will they come to this house if hungry ? I d k they dint eat morning, they will be hungry right! I have lots of questions in my mind 🥺😑😞 

Im sad guys. There were with us for almost 10 months!

BenittaJ OP June 24th

@Iampapaya

1719252619775_1719252778.jpg

BenittaJ OP June 24th

Cat again! Bleeding wasn't stopping so they bandaged my finger. Took rabies injection second dose and TT. 

I miss their presence in the house. Im trying not to cry. 

BenittaJ OP June 24th

@Patienceimpatience

BenittaJ OP June 25th

@iampapaya We went to that guy's house today in check of the cats. We took some food for them.

But we couldn't find two cats 😞😔😢😭 only one we found "lavie" opal n twinkle are missing.

Those people said because the neighbours dogs barking the cats are scared n hiding. 😳 N the scary part is there's no fence between this house n that house. Wt if that hound gets loose n attacks cats . These people have goats infront of their house. The cats are so scared i understand. That side dog barking. Infront of the house goats! Im worried alot ☹️ 

PurpleHearts13 June 26th

@BenittaJ

PurpleHearts13 June 26th

@BenittaJ I hope you find yr CATS 🐈  I have a boy cat named trigger he love to sit on my lap his very playful 🐾

VictoriaLove7 June 27th

@BenittaJ

Hi Ben, I hope the cats will go home soon. Usually, people say that when cats are hungry, they'll go home to the house of the people who feed them 

BenittaJ OP June 27th

@VictoriaLove7 I hope i find them ☹️

CallumKing2000 July 1st

@VictoriaLove7 🐐🐐🐐

BenittaJ OP June 27th

@Calmrosebud

CalmRosebud June 27th

@BenittaJ

Beni,

I hope you find your cats. I know how it is to get attached to our pets for sure. Cats are thankfully very smart, but you describe unsafe conditions with a lot of dogs around. Perhaps they found a home where they are being fed and taken care of outside of your friend’s home. I hope so. I know you are worried, but sometimes there are some things we cannot change. You took as good care of the cats as you could while you had them in your possession and you tried to find a good home for them. You did all you could. I would like to reassure you and tell you the cats are fine, but there are many things I don’t know. However, you can always know you did your best for your cats and they will know always when you are thinking of them. I hope this helps you to feel even a tiny bit better.

Much love and courage to you,

Rose

BenittaJ OP June 30th

@CalmRosebud Thankyou , As i know nothing about cats! I don't understand why she dint come when we tried to catch her! She was hiding from us ☹️. Your words are making me feel better thankyou.

BenittaJ OP June 29th

Update

Today Jun 29th my mother, sis n myself left around 8:30'pm to that place in search of our cats. After 2hours of walking, calling out their names "Opal n twinkle"  it was almost 10' we was screaming their names.

People were asleep some people in the house shouted at us "Just go out do not come catching cats here ! Get out get out!" 

It was hurtful though, but it's k to get disgraced it's for our cats! Patience patience!!! 

At last from a terrace we saw a white cat "yes it's our opal" I shouted opal out of excitement. 

She ran away! My sis n myself tried to catch her but we couldn't we tried still couldn't, she was not letting us. We tried to catch her for almost 3 hours. Gave her some salmon, treats, food she eats n hides again. Lastly we saw her under wasted wooden planks. I scratched her back she moved away from me. 

I felt like "she doesn't want us" 

😟😭

I told mum "mum she doesn't want to come with us she's going away if we approach calling her name she's not responding, she doesn't want us maybe" ☹️ and we apologized to the people for the inconvenience late night and returned home. 

I took a pic when she was hiding in between the planks.

img-20240629-221757-587_1719688641.jpg

VictoriaLove7 June 30th

@BenittaJ

Maybe she was confused, Ben 😟 or while away, she got attacked by some people, then she becomes afraid of human beings. Try to give more food maybe in the area where she hides, then bring the pet box & when she looks comfy, bring her home 

BenittaJ OP July 4th

@VictoriaLove7 We tried carrying her and she's scratching wildly, it is so hard to catch a cat outdoor 😭. Catching a stray cat will be hard why even our cat isn't coming to us that's very 💔. She goes under these planks n sleeps. I was like "we're trying to catch you take u home give u a bath after that you can sleep whole day!!!!!" But Opal wasn't letting us to catch 😭☹️

VictoriaLove7 July 5th

@BenittaJ

Perhaps bring cat food in a plastic tray, Ben, put it on the floor near the place where Opal hide, then wait till Opal come out & eat the food, then bring him 😟

VictoriaLove7 July 5th

@VictoriaLove7

I meant 'bring her (Opal)' as she eats

CalmRosebud July 2nd

@BenittaJ

She could also be protecting Twinkie. I hope you can find both of them! You’re sure trying so hard!

BenittaJ OP July 4th

@CalmRosebud Yes we was thinking the same maybe she's with twinks no sign of him couldn't see him at all. She ate food we have her Lickables but not allowing to catch. Tats very 💔 7 months we looked after them and they re not coming to us when called, as if we're strangers !!!! She doesn't want us 😞 I guess

TU100OT July 16th

@BenittaJ

I think remember scent and they'll come back