Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Um..anyone have any suggestions of what I can do?

stampy83 May 13th

So...my parents want to take me out of school May 24 but school ends in June. I want to stay the rest of the school year but they won't let me...I'm frustrated and I can't help but cry about it. How can I try to convince them? Because there's a fun field trip, parties, a school dance, my friends, karate which I never want to leave, not even for a day. :( 

HopieRemi May 13th

@stampy83

That sounds frustrating. I remember being in a similar situation when I was your age and in school. How do your parents normally respond to you when you ask them for something? Can you explain to them what you have told us?

stampy83 OP May 13th

@HopieRemi

They usually ignore my opinions and just do what they want to do...it almost feels as if I have no choice for things in my life. Even if they are small. I tried to explain to them how these activities are really important to me, especially since I will be home-schooled next year and I want to make good memories. My mom usually takes things I say into consideration and then asks my dad on his opinion, but he always just says "no". And when I ask why he just says "Because I said so and I'm the parent"

HopieRemi May 13th

@stampy83

That is horrible, it leaves no room to reason. I am sorry to hear that you have to deal with that. I can understand why you want to make memories, especially with this being your last year in the physical school. Have you spoken with your teachers?

stampy83 OP May 13th

@HopieRemi

No...but that would be a good idea though

HopieRemi May 13th

@stampy83

Yeah!  When do you see the teachers again?

stampy83 OP May 13th

@HopieRemi

Tomorrow actually!

HopieRemi May 13th

@stampy83

Oh that is good! What do you think you will say to them?

stampy83 OP May 14th

@HopieRemi

Most likely I'll tell them the situation but with a little less details

HopieRemi May 14th

@stampy83

Okay, let us know how that goes

stampy83 OP May 14th

@HopieRemi

okay

stampy83 OP May 14th

@HopieRemi

I ended up not telling any of my teachers because I felt uncomfortable with the idea when I was about to.

HopieRemi May 14th

@stampy83

Thats fair. Any idea why the idea felt uncomfortable for you?

stampy83 OP May 15th

@HopieRemi

Because when I was about to, I felt as if I was going to cry...maybe out of frustration? I'm not really sure. So then I changed my mind.

stampy83 OP May 15th

@HopieRemi

but I decided to tell my karate teacher

HopieRemi May 15th

Have you done this yet? How did it go? How are you feeling about it?

stampy83 OP May 15th

@HopieRemi

I told him and he said he was going to tell my parents how much he wants me to stay for the activities that he's planned out too. And he said he was going to write some heart-warming things to my parents to see if it can convince them.

HopieRemi May 16th

Aww that sounds like a great teacher @stampy83 ! I really hope your parents listen to him. How are you feeling about these actions that have happened ?

stampy83 OP May 16th

@HopieRemi

I feel like it's kind of giving me stress

HopieRemi May 16th

@stampy83

Stress? Oh dear. More than you were before? If you don't mind, can you explain what about the situation you're stressing about? *hugs if you want*

stampy83 OP May 16th

@HopieRemi

because I feel as if it might not work and then my parents will get mad at me for asking my karate teacher to help me out.

HopieRemi May 16th

@stampy83

Ah, I can understand that being a fear. I hope your parents don't get mad and instead realize you like school so much, you want to stay a little longer. 

stampy83 OP May 16th

@HopieRemi

My friends are even willing to talk to my parents hehe 🥺😅

HopieRemi May 16th

@stampy83 oh that’s great! Hopefully your parents can see how much people want you there.