Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I haven't been able to get out of bed today

Caysea1989 September 15th, 2015

I have no motivation. There is a lot to do around my house but I don't want to do any of it. I would rather sleep. I haven't felt up to do much of anything lately. Each time I try to be positive, something in the back of my head says "Nope... let's be negative and sad and hopeless instead." And I just let that negative energy affect me for the rest of the day. I just don't know what to do anymore.

AwkwardPenguin7 September 15th, 2015

I know exactly what you are going through and I wish I could give you some advice. I am wasting my life away and I have no idea who to turn to for help. I hope we can find a solution soon

Caysea1989 OP September 17th, 2015

Today is the third day in a row of spending more than enough time in bed. Being off of work for so many days in a row throws me off... I have nothing to do. It really depresses me. The weather is crappy so I can't go for a run or a walk. I don't have a car so I can't go anywhere. I'm stuck. I'm sick of cleaning the house... All that does is stress me out because living with two boys there is too much of a mess to clean. Im just getting so stir crazy.

Jenna September 17th, 2015

@Caysea1989 Sounds like you may be feeling "stuck". You've mentioned having no way of driving, and walking isn't an option in messy weather. Cleaning has become a stressful situation due to the mess. Have you tried asking the two boys to help (I'm not sure of their ages)? Have you thought of any other distractions that could help keep your mind busy? @AwkwardPenguin7 You said you have no idea who to turn for help. Have you sought help in the past and it was unsuccessful or, have you been unsure where to turn all this time?

Heh... shouldn't have said boys. They are men - - at least one of them is(27) the other still acts like a child(24) and he is the main cause of a lot of my stress in my own home. He does nothing to help and everything is put on me. But I just have to keep telling myself that he is only temporary.

Reading maybe... But I can't stay focused. I don't know....

Jenna September 17th, 2015

@Caysea1989 It's understandable why you're stressed when you aren't having any help. That sounds really rough. What usually helps you with stress management? Reading is a good distraction, but you've said you have trouble staying focused. Are there any other things you've tried? Like something crafty or a diy project for example?

I have nothing in the house to do anything crafty with....frown