Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Cant move on...

PandaK October 2nd, 2016

I think I can't get over him because I think he's perfect for me. I keep thinking he'll come back for me some day when there's no sure absolute sign. I'm trying to let go, but I think a part of me doesn't want to because what if he does come back for me?

Yet why can't I just let go and move on? Like I have friends who have busy lives, so I have to wait for them to call me to hang out, so I don't know when I'd see them again, but I don't get too anxious about it as I live my life and eventually, I do see them again.

but for him, who shows no sign of coming back, I hold on to idea that he will since I like him a lot because some things did happen before that mattered to me. Even though I can't be absolutely sure of the meaning behind those past moments and it's been too long since the last we've crossed paths and there are a lot of signs now that suggest he won't come. Basically, he hasn't ever said to me in person that he loves me for so and so reasons that he will come for me. Yet deep within myself, I can't and don't let him go.

I asked my father about him and he didn't tell me to let go. He just said if something's meant for me, then it will come; till then, just make the most out of my life. This is fine to say; he's right, but can't he understand my feelings for this guy? Is this the best he can tell me to live my life normally? I can't stand myself wandering mind back to him that I can't live normally. Would it kill me to not think of him for 24 hrs?

RarelyCharlie November 24th, 2016

It is now many weeks since you wrote this, and I hope it is not wrong of me to reply after so long. Maybe in that time your thoughts and feelings have become less troublesome. Maybe you have talked to listeners about these things.

I have a sense from what you wrote here that part of you will always hold on to those memories you have and think of what might have been, and that the passage of time and other people and events will only make it less intense for you. If you would ever like to talk to me about it, feel free to send me a message.

@PandaK

PandaK OP November 25th, 2016

@RarelyCharlie

Hi Charlie, thank you for reaching out, even if this troublesome moment for me was what seems so long ago. As you've predicted, I have moved forward from then, making changes and adjustments to better cope. I distanced myself from 7cups for a bit and got involved with new interests online. At this point, I'm focusing on getting healthy through the healthy living community, which has helped. Although I could not bear to reread my post entirely, I have come to better terms with my heartbreak. I feel like I'm finding myself again, but I've still got ways to go as I'm not entirely healthy with an unstable newfound independent life with a bit "too much on my plate" yet not enough on my actual plate, lol, which I am getting support from a listener who's specialty is in weight control.

so, I am progressing, slowly yet surely through the wonderful community of 7cups, which only keeps expanding for me now that I meet you here. Thanks again for offering your support - I will keep you in mind if I should need a fresh new set of ears :)