Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

inability to make friends on my own

anthystruly March 8th

this is my 2nd year at uni and im unable to make any friends on my own

im only friends with people bc of sheer coincidence and not because i pursued them 😭 its very shameful and i want to change

p.s. do NOT reccommend joining a club bc i tried to 2 times and got rejected 

ukiyoomi March 9th

@feefus

Hello, I also struggle with this a bit but this may help. If you want to find friends taking the initiative and just interacting with acquaintances will definitely help you. It may be hard if you are an introvert, but you'll get better at it the more you do it. You could also try to get to know your friends' friends if that makes sense so you can expand your circle a bit. Hope this helped in anyway :)

sky2Ocean20 March 9th

@ukiyoomi

yes, I agree.. Initiation is not easy. In uni life, I also could not have many friends but classmates converted to friends eventually because we had no time to explore somewhere else. The hostel was a good place for making friends. But we can not expect. sometimes friendship just happens. sometimes it's we who initiate. and even if there is no one in uni.. it could be sisters, cousins, brothers.. 

anthystruly OP March 9th

@ukiyoomi didnt help bc i dont even have acquaintances

sky2Ocean20 March 10th

@feefus

I understand. 💗 Right now you might not have the best exposure but with an open mind, opportunities will pop up. I hope in your uni in the upcoming days when uni-fest happens hopefully you can explore there too.. It might not happen today or tomorrow but in a week or a month, you will get a chance or two. Meanwhile, virtually we are here for you 💖💕

anthystruly OP March 11th

@sky2Ocean20 thanks i guess

HelpMe966 March 9th

@feefus 

It's as if I see myself in the mirror through these words

anthystruly OP March 9th

@HelpMe966 we'll get along just well.....

kindRiver6 March 9th

have you tried bumble?

anthystruly OP March 9th

@kindRiver6 i want to make friends irl not thru an app

PurpleFlower40 March 9th

You can join a club, or a fraternity/sorority. Or join a volunteer group.

anthystruly OP March 9th

@PurpleFlower40 im shaking you like a fizzy drink right now

PurpleFlower40 March 10th

I’m so sorry I didn’t notice the edit. Is there any activity you enjoy? Hobbies? What about connecting with past friendships from your old schools? You can volunteer at a food pantry and make new friends there as well

@PurpleFlower40 i dont want to make friends thru volunteering, that sounds insincere

PurpleFlower40 March 16th

@feefus

I am out of ideas.

PurpleFlower40 March 9th

oh I’m sorry I didn’t read the last part, but if you live at Uni try talking to neighbors. Or do a community event with people who have mutual interests.

anthystruly OP March 9th

@PurpleFlower40 i dont live in dorms

PurpleFlower40 March 10th

Sorry once again, where you live look for community events to volunteer in or participate in.

brightEyes3979 March 10th

I understand i tried making friends many times but differences never let me to .The last time i had a best friend was like 6 or 7 yeras back. Now that the years have past i got used to this feeling. I been in that situation. Thats one of the worst feeling.

@brightEyes3979 darn so no solution?