Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Was it my fault???

lovingBeechwood6967 July 10th, 2023

Trigger Warning: Details about Sexual Assault

i've never really said about it to anyone. this little event happened just few months ago at my place. it was my cousin. even though I knew he wanted something from me, i still went and met him at a kinda dark alley way sorta room, hoping we could talk and talk alone. but he had other plans. I was the one talking and he was just giving one word answers. after a five minutes of silence, he initiated it. he went in for a kiss, which made me freeze head to toe. he placed my hands on him, then slipped his into my shirt trying to grasp my chest and then slid into my pants. I got a sharp flash, a picture of my initial abuser. The scene, the flashback sent chills down my spine. I begged for it to be over, and it was. he stopped and asked if I wanted to stay or to go. saw the chance and took it. I left. I went straight to the restroom trying to wash the feeling of my body. I don't know how long I stayed in the restroom, but my life turned upside down. I'm still getting the flashes of memory from the previous assault and the recent one which sometimes leads to a panic attack. I guess I made a mistake by going that day.

lovingBeechwood6967 OP July 16th, 2023

@ToffeeNugget2009 I hope it does fam

Dewinwiththat July 16th, 2023

Sorry for your pain. Some guys can be very randy. İt isn't mater your father,brother,cousin etc... Humans also humans and you shouldnt trust except your special people (your familiy who believes it is safe)

Let me tell you a little bit about the psychology of normal people and who try to rape:

Normal people thinks somebody's feelings and requests.

But dangereous people (like ***) thinks himself's feelings and requests. İt can be lust,robbery,crimes etc...

since the difference between the two is not visible

most of us (especially girls) can potentially or directly encounter these situations.

İn conclusion Trust and intimacy are two different things and you can make intimacy with someone easily but you wont know how they thinks about you well.

İn the end: Get well soon. Sorry for your pain again.

LovingPeacefulHeart July 16th, 2023

@lovingbeechwood6967

I’m so sorry that happened to you. I want you to know that what HE did was not your fault. Please believe that. You don’t need to carry around his shame.