Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Steered away twice and talked to a scarecrow

CatDaddy60 July 9th

Oh my gosh y'all, I had a pretty good day. I managed to steer off of two episodes of what potentially could have been some bad behavior but ended well. I tried to engage a listener tonight to process some of my thoughts but it was like talking to a scarecrow!

"Yeah, I understand" or "yeah, that makes sense."

Let's strive ti listen well. I recently went through the training and accepted a few listening sessions. I pray that I can be more engaged and reflective too. It's not easy being a listener I know but let's put forth some effort.

Helgafy July 9th

@CatDaddy60

lol! scarecrow! Well - not everybody can give good answers of the issues you're presenting. It depends of the experiences the listener has in life. Many also write: I don't talk about this and this subject. 

CatDaddy60 OP July 9th

@Helgafy so true Helga. On the listening chats I try not to impose myself explicitly on the listener, should be gracious that there even is a listener available. It prompted me to evaluate my own approach and to be a better listener.

Helgafy July 9th

@CatDaddy60

Already a listener? That was quick!

CatDaddy60 OP July 9th

@Helgafy I was invited so I figured it could only be helpful to me and to others.

Helgafy July 9th

@CatDaddy60

Wow - invited - congrats - what an honour!

CatDaddy60 OP July 9th

@Helgafy - pretty sure you have been invited too.  Nothing special about me, but when the note popped up, I considered the training to be generally beneficial.

TheSunParadox33 July 9th

Finding that sweet spot where the listener feels competent and comfortable but also where the one sharing feels like they’ve been heard and validated can be tough!

Helgafy July 9th

@TheSunParadox33
Absolute.

CatDaddy60 OP July 9th

You bet Sun, we are all growing and learning 

TheSunParadox33 July 9th

Good advice! I’m looking to get into this training to help me with my social anxiety and some other issues. I agree it’s not easy practicing active listening but I’m glad training like this is out there! Wishing you much success on your journey!

CaptainGat July 23rd

@CatDaddy60

I have also experienced this many times... But there are some really amazing listeners here also and i hope that you find it in you to help as many people as possible through this amazing platform also.