Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Since there is no "self-esteem" or "insecurity" community, I gotta throw this in the open.

etherealnova March 26th, 2023

You have. NO. IDEA. How not happy I am right now even though I should be.

For context, I have struggled with acne and skin problems since I was around 9 years old.

I woke up to do my skincare and realized my skin was nearly clear except for scars. I... it feels like I have control of my life again. I can wear tank tops again, go swimming without wearing a swimsuit coverup, change in locker rooms without having to go in the bathroom stalls, and literally live my life again. This may not be a big deal to you all but I am shocked. I have not put in any more effort than usual to my skin lately, so why it chooses now of all times to get better is... unfathomable, to say the least!

Ik nobody cares but it's just such a small deal that should be big, h3ll I should be throwing myself a party. Congratulations to anyone else who has recently recovered from skin issues.

Mya000 March 30th, 2023

@etherealnova

Hey there, I can sense that you are feeling a mix of emotions right now! It's completely understandable given that you've been struggling with acne and skin problems for so long. It's amazing that you woke up and realized that your skin is nearly clear, and I can imagine that it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

It's important to acknowledge and celebrate the small victories in life, and this is definitely a big deal for you. t's okay to feel shocked and even a bit sceptical about why your skin has cleared up, but sometimes the body just works in mysterious ways.

It's great that you're acknowledging that this may not be a big deal to everyone else, but it's certainly a big deal to you, and that's what matters the most. It's important to give yourself credit for the hard work you've put in to take care of your skin and to keep a positive mindset moving forward. I wish you all the best on your continued journey towards self-confidence and happiness 😊