Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

No Internet Woes

jitterbugz7 June 18th, 2023

I know this will sound so small but my internet has been out for about 4 days now... and the internet company is not sending a repairman until june 30. I am going stir crazy. I hadnt realized just how much I "self soothe" listening to calming music, watching guided meditation videos, reaching out to my friends... using the internet. I'm going stir crazy now that I suddenly have none of these tools available to me. Im using my phone data now but only have 2.5g so greatly limiting my use. I am looking desperately for "new tools" to rely on. I found a classical station on the radio that is somewhat soothing. My gaming friends accused me of lying about being without internet (why would I lie about something so dumb?) So now I feel like I lost some friends over something pretty stupid and its stressed me more. And even 7 cups has become a life line to me. I need my online "tools" . I need my NAMI zoom support group! I am thinking about buying a different phone/ plan with more data or buying a hotspot. But I am out of work, living off of very limited funds, and it would not be a wise use of my savings. We are paying 70/mo for our internet that isnt working already. What we need to do is make them fix it. but June 30??? Any advice? I am disabled. I used to go OUT more for support (to church etc) but I am having a great deal of trouble walking and am pretty much stuck at home now until I find some way to get a mobility scooter or something similar.

Clio9876 June 25th, 2023

@jitterbugz7

Access to the internet is not a small thing any more. Its become such and integral part of our lives. I would struggle without access to 7 cups too.

I wanted to suggest that most libraries have free Internet. But I see that that is not going to help you much. I can lose myself in a good book for a day or two. But you need access to books for that. What about drawing or doodling? That can be as simple as a sheet of paper and a pen. Or chalks on a sidewalk.

Could you write a letter to someone? Letter writing is so rare now that you could really make someone's day with a handwritten letter about anything.

I hope all this is irrelevant and your internet is back. If not, I hope you found something that helped.

pandanfe June 25th, 2023

@jitterbugz7

Everyone's so connected to internet these days that we don't really realize how much we're connected unless we lose our internet service. It's hard to cope without internet these days.

If it was just any other forum, i would have recommended you to change your internet service provider but since you're here in cups, i think its better to try to cope up with life without internet for awhile if that's possible for you. And if its urgency, maybe try to limit the use for awhile.

Ikio June 25th, 2023

Hello guys howdy?