Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Like groundhogs day or something

thoughtfulWatermelon8834 May 21st, 2023

This is gonna be my first thread on this place aha. I think I'm goinng through the exact same day I had a few years ago, before I got anxiety meds. I mean, I don't get those jitters or tense muscles, but the panic is absolutely there. My main issue is that I've forgotten how I got better in the first place. Like one day I just felt...good? I have no idea what it was. Meditation? Video games? Plushies? Drawing? Listening to music? Mysticism? Maybe it was all of them in conjunction, but it's starting to eat away at me again. It sucks. I'm not sure what else to say. Maybe my autism is relevant or something. I'm glad I said it though. And the support everyone gives looks wonderful.

Snor1ax May 21st, 2023

@thoughtfulWatermelon8834 Hey Watermelon,

Welcome to the community! It's great that you've reached out and shared what you're going through. It can be tough when we feel like we're experiencing a repetitive cycle, almost like Groundhog Day. I can understand how that can be frustrating and disheartening.

You mentioned that you had a period of feeling better before, but you're unsure of what exactly contributed to it. It sounds like you had a combination of different activities and interests that brought you some relief, like meditation, video games, plushies, drawing, music, and exploring mysticism. It's interesting how different things can have an impact on our well-being. On a side note, I feel like the competitive video games I usually play actually make me feel worse sometimes 😂.

You're not alone in this, and we're here to walk alongside you. Take care!
OnlyDarkness May 21st, 2023

@thoughtfulWatermelon8834 Hey, I made this same exact statement a few days ago. It feels like Groundhog Day the same thing, over and over again Makes it really hard for me with being able to keep track of time. What day it is,what the date is , even what happened to the Holidays don’t seem to remember them happening.

YorkTzu May 21st, 2023

Definitely can relate, I heard recently some one say that life was more like a pendulum, and that really made sense to me.

Just remembering that good times and bad times come and go makes me a little more relaxed about the times I seam to go back to a place I had thought I had worked out of.

Hope that makes sense, and wishing you the best of luck!