Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I spent all day making soup

intuitiveFan2816 August 5th, 2023

this morning I harvested vegetables and herbs from our gardens, I spent all day preparing soup and bread shaped like ghosts for dinner, I am really proud of everything and how it tastes, it is beautiful. I am feeling down because it is just me at dinner, no one else in the household came. I find myself lonely a lot like this, I try not to hate myself for it but my thoughts always go to self hatred, like I spent all day doing this and constantly nurturing the soup. My partner will not even come sit outside with me while I eat, they will not eat it because there is a zucchini in it and I forgot they do not eat zucchini. The other two people are asleep I think. Everyone knew I was making the soup and when everything would be ready. It is a really good meal and I am super proud of it I just have no one to share it with and that feels upsetting. I come here for solidarity, for recognition of my labor, and for cheering up

I love harvest season and cooking to celebrate

lightSailboat7796 August 5th, 2023

@intuitiveFan2816

It's completely understandable that you're feeling disappointed and lonely when your efforts go unrecognized or unshared. Sharing a meal is not just about the food itself, but the companionship and connection it brings. Feeling proud of your creation and wanting to share it with others is a natural human desire.

intuitiveFan2816 OP August 5th, 2023

Thank you for your words, sharing meals is important human bonding time I enjoy. I want to share a picture of my meal here

Yougotmyback August 5th, 2023

Hey! We would love to see the picture of the meal made by you! 💛 I bet it's delicious! 😍🤍

Deliver some here hehe🙊✨✨

intuitiveFan2816 OP August 12th, 2023

I am unable to post photos for some reason

August 13th, 2023

@intuitiveFan2816 its okay your soup sounds delicious i will love to eat it with you friend😊

windchimes1991 August 13th, 2023

@intuitiveFan2816

Good job on the soup. I'm sorry to hear nobody else wanted to try it. That had to be very disappointing.

purpleTree4652 August 13th, 2023

@intuitiveFan2816

I wish I could share your meal with you. I'm feeling lonely, too. We would have been good company for each other. I could have even helped cook, if you would have liked help. You deserve a lot of credit for all that effort. How did you make the bread look like ghosts? What kind of bread is it?

Thanks for sharing with us all.

love and blessings, tree

intuitiveFan2816 OP August 13th, 2023

I used this recipe for the ghost bread. https://www.simplysogood.com/no-knead-ghost-fougasse/

thank you Tree

@intuitiveFan2816

That bread is so cute! Thatʻs so clever of you to find that recipe and put the time and effort in to making it.

@intuitiveFan2816

We used to have a recipe thread, but I donʻt remember what it was called. I asked a friend if she remembers what it was called. Iʻd like for you to post your recipe there where people care about it. As soon as I find out, Iʻll get back to you.

purpleTree4652 August 14th, 2023

@intuitiveFan2816

I found the link for recipes. It is https://www.7cups.com/forum/50plus/QuizzesFunandIcebreakers_560/Shareyourrecipeshere_214486

I think people here would really appreciate your recipe for ghost bread and your soup.

--tree

matchaLover89 August 13th, 2023

@intuitiveFan2816 Hi, I'm Celine :) I'm so sorry you feel like this. Loneliness is one of the worst emotions we have to face, but it's also so normal. It's easy to take things for granted, which is why it may seem like your efforts went unnoticed. However, I know that everyone truly cares about you, so don't feel to down about it. You guys could do something fun together; nothing big if you don't want to, but it could just be a movie night at home. I hope you have fun with them!

tacoloca August 15th, 2023

@intuitiveFan2816 man, you cook the soup by yourself and somehow, nobody showed at least a hint of appreciation? I'll be one to appreciate your cooking if I ever was at your house, I'll say that I am proud that you went out of your way to do something you love to do, which is to harvest. Keep doing what you love, even if nobody is there to willingly admire. If you ever cook again, I'll celebrate with you along the way! Virtual hugs, Avis. 🤗